Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Family Cade Bartop  (Read 2873 times)

phatmeat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2013, 12:08:55 am
Family Cade Bartop
« on: February 19, 2011, 10:05:28 pm »
Be nice it's my first shot at posting something I worked on . I ripped apart an ole laptop I had laying around. I used the 14" screen from the laptop and attached it to 1/4 plywood. The computer is attached to the back of the screen. I got lazy (Maybe smart ) and did not want to cut the harness for the screen. I used the internal speakers from the laptop.I am pretty surprised how good they sound. The power button is wired from the motherboard to a button in the back of the cabinet. I run 120 mm fan in the back to cool it. I had to use some resistors in line to slow it down a bit. It sounded like a hurricane.  Ultimarc supplied everything ( U360, Spintrak and buttons ). I run a mala front end. I will be working on that soon also. I need to add side art and a real marquee. Don't know if I will stick with the Black and White theme for the marquee and side art though. The LED marquee lights are back ordered from Mouser Electronics. I still have to clean up the wiring and a few more finishing touches . I have to program the U360 also .I stole many ideas from people on these forums. There are so many excellent projects in here.  . Overall I'm pretty happy .

Things I learned. 1) Routers have a mind of their own . 2) Plan Better 3) don't buy plexi from Home Depot 4) don't rush anything. 5) Take more pictures and learn how to use a digital camera better :( .

Thanks everyone for the inspiration and Saint for a great site.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
Re: Family Cade Bartop
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:49 am »
Nice and clean. Good job.

How are you holding the marquee in place? I looks like maybe you used T-Moulding to overhang the edge of the board to hold the plexi?
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 01:27:22 pm »
 :cheers:  Looks great.

What's with the plexi from Home Depot?
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

phatmeat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:14:47 pm »
I did mount the marquee using the T Molding , I wish I could remember who the person here was that came up with it. I bought the plexi-glass from Home Depot and after I took the plastic film off I found it had 2 scratches in it.  I had already painted the bezel on it. Doh . I know they are there so they annoy me.

justinjstark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2021, 02:20:13 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
I did mount the marquee using the T Molding , I wish I could remember who the person here was that came up with it. I bought the plexi-glass from Home Depot and after I took the plastic film off I found it had 2 scratches in it.  I had already painted the bezel on it. Doh . I know they are there so they annoy me.

Could have been me.  I posted some details about my method here.

phatmeat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »
You be the one. Thanks for the idea . It worked very well