Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: multicade side art , keypad art, cocktail bezel and keypad. lets hear it  (Read 6155 times)

wildbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2009, 12:54:23 pm
  • skate and create
I just finished some art work for our classic cabinet .The 26 is for 0ur lcd monitor
www.funcomfg.com

Opinions!?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:21:14 pm by wildbill »

Sardu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 05:45:54 pm
Re: multicade side art , keypad art, cocktail bezel and keypad. lets hear it
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:27:18 pm »
I'm going to sound critical here but..

These are things you should work on here.

1) Too many repeating characters. 
2) Shadows are all different or there aren't any.  Try to be more consistent.
3) Clean vector art mixed with blurry cars doesn't look right
4) Those bright colors might not print as bright.
5) texture in the lettering; is that popcorn?  Maybe use a solid color, gradient or image inside the letters.
6) Pacman maze lines are muddy.  Try to get a clean vector version or just redraw them.  It'll look much better.

Other than that, nice work.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:33:48 pm by Sardu »

wildbill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2009, 12:54:23 pm
  • skate and create
Re: multicade side art , keypad art, cocktail bezel and keypad. lets hear it
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:51:52 am »
Thanks for your input.
Now 1) so your saying that it is not needed to put the same kind of design concept on all the areas that get graphics!? I was taught  to never forget about continuity, theme is the key to a good design. 2) correct on the shadows.3) work in progress. 4) I also print these myself on a Epson 7600 ultrachrome and the colors do come out really vibrant. Just have to know what setting to use when printing.And when laminated it gives it another boost of gloss. 5)didnt like the type?.Its a diamond effect. when backlite gives a good looking glow to it.
Its good that people like you point out stuff  like that , it helps in the finishing process. You tend to overlook simple things like that because you have been looking at it for so long you just don't see it. I'll do some changes and more work on these and re post.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:37:51 pm by wildbill »