Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mortal kombat Cab  (Read 2193 times)

Yenome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
Mortal kombat Cab
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:52:46 am »
So i have a lead on a mortal kombat machine for 150.00 the post says its all there except for the bezel. they assume it doesnt work. say its in fair shape is this a good buy. im thinking bout just snatching it up and if the cab is in really bad shape taking out the board and mameing it. tho i do dread the thought of killing any MK cab.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

ebo0763

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2016, 12:37:58 am
Re: Mortal kombat Cab
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:40:41 pm »
As far as the bezel go, you can get the original part. Go to Happ.com and enter this part number in the search block:  49-0123-00

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:41:42 pm »
It's a good deal just for the cabinet.  The shape of that cab is very similar to what many people end up building for MAME cabinets.  

Everything in the cab can be safely unhooked and left alone if you decided to run MAME in it.  Just buy a tower pc and set it inside on the floor of the cab.  Combine this with an arcadeVGA and a J-pac and you will be ready to go.  

The only thing will be that you will only have four buttons per player.  Start for each player plus three action buttons.  If you wish to use the remaining two buttons then you will need to make up an adapter that will allow you to connect to the kick harness that is connected to the mortal kombat PCB.  That shouldn't be hard.  You'd just need to buy the right molex connector, and crimp a few wires.  As long as you have the pinout for the kick harness you should be able to connect it to the J-pac without any problems. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:52:06 pm by Jack Burton »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:44 pm »
Without a picture to show me otherwise I would probably assume that it is a conversion Mortal Kombat and not a dedicated unit.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Yenome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »
paige is right i got a pic sent to me and its a conversion. the guy says he bought it from an auction cause he thought it was cool. claims he dont know anything bout arcade machines. im going to look at it tomorrow and ill take a better pic than the one he sent me but if someone could tell me what game the cab maybe from id be thankful. i will probly get it and mame it since its not a dedicated mk cab i have no bad feelings.

Paul Olson

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:13 am
    • Paul's Arcade
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
I would love to have one of those Dynamo cabs. If the monitor works, grab it.

Yenome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:03:52 am »
so i been a mamer for a long time but this is gonna be my first cab is there anything i should be looking for that is a tell tale sign of walk away. im thinking if the cab is in good shape and the monitor or the board works id be happy. tho not sure if its even a mk board inside.

RabidRabit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2018, 03:09:43 pm
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:53:58 am »
Looks like a pretty good deal to me, more or less of a good deal depending on whether the front glass is included and whether you plan on keeping the marquee and side art(if present).  For comparison, I obtained a MK2 cab for free.  The sides had been painted black.  It did not include the CP, monitor, or glass.  It cost me $20-30 to strip the paint from the sides and luckily the side-art is in great shape.  I still need to find a TV to put in it, probably another $30.  The front glass will cost me about $80.  Spent $20+ on a slot cutting bit and a forstner's bit for the CP.  Still need to buy wood, plexi and paint to build the CP, probably another $30-40 (using a MK poster for the CP overlay).  The marquee will cost ~$30.  Then I also had to buy joysticks and buttons, don't know if you plan on keeping the ones that are already there.

To me, the value is dependent on how much you plan on keeping and how much you plan on changing out.  If the monitor works and the front glass is present then $150 is a deal.

Yenome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:25 am »
yea i dont know how much i will have to change out atm till i see it but i do got a set of cheap x-arcade waiting for a lil cab to call there own. right now im using them to play with stick mockups. im gonna try to fire it up tomorrow when i go to take a look at it will have more pics then even if i dont buy it just to show everyone.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2024, 10:26:20 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:29 am »
I would love to have one of those Dynamo cabs. If the monitor works, grab it.

if that marquee is rounded, and the monitor bezel is original, thats a bad dudes cab
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Yenome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 06:47:15 pm »
well i was all excited to be going and looking at what could of been my first arcade cabinet. call the guy up as today was the day i said i was gonna be able to come look at it. there is no answer. heh no big deal leave a message. check craigslist and he reposted it last night for 100 bucks more than he had the first time i saw it. this time he includes the picture i asked for in his post. go fig.