Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Bloodta - Last post by PL1

Yes, you can fix the backspin problem that many people have complained about by replacing that Happ trackball encoder.
- If you can, return that trackball and exchange it for a model that has Happ "Red Boards" and an arcade-style molex harness.
- If you can't exchange the trackball, upgrade the two green boards to Happ "Red Boards".  (P/N A052-1011-00)

To convert the quadrature waveforms from the "Red Boards" to USB mouse movements, use an OptiWiz3 and the Trackball Cable for Opti-Wiz "No-Solder" from GGG.

Scott

2   Project Announcements / Re: Project Too Big and Spinnyon Yesterday at 11:47:28 pm

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

Today was a monumental day, screen was mounted and spins better than I could've imagined, only takes a finger. Only thing left of the initial build is the screen bezel, and installing hinges for the back door. Should be ready for disassembly and then paint by Sunday. Project should be complete within two weeks. I'm amazed how little I've had to deviate from my designs, a couple tiny little adjustments here and there but altogether everything worked out.

Started by saint - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

:)

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by ThatOneSeong

So, I'm having an issue where it doesn't seem to be working properly unless I open the GUI then select the port, unselect it, then reselect it. It pops up with an error about the data not being received in time but it will operate fine until I close the error box. I'm on the latest version. Any ideas?
You would be the first to run into such an issue without the app having crashed. Is it the latest versions of both halves? OS/version?
I believe so but I will double check to be sure. I did make an edit to my previous post about not having the trigger and pump wired through the pico board, so I think that may have something to do with it as well. I'll get those wired up tomorrow and report back. They are mapped to the right and left mouse button through a third party app.
I'm sorry, I don't think I understand--what exactly is the context that you're using this in? What gun is this being plugged into?

I'm a bit confused by it all. That said, I don't recall buttons not being hooked up to be the cause?

Sorry, I should have given much more context.

So I have the xbox 360 version of the top shot elite rifle which I am adding the IR camera via a pi pico2040 so I can use it for shooters in various emulators on my windows 10 PC. I'm currently using RE:Umbrella chronicles on the Dolphin emulator for all me testing. Since I can't use 2 seperate input devices as a single controller, I'm using a program that maps the xbox buttons to the keyboard and was using the IR as basically just the mouse pointer.

The only thing wired up to to the pico currently is the IR camera and none of the other buttons.

I believe this may be where the issue is as when I run the first time config on the GUI it is asking to use the trigger button to initiate it. So since the trigger isn't wired up through the pico and instead mapped to the mouse as an xbox button, I think it's causing the issue.
OOooooooooooh! I see!

That's quite the setup you got going on there! Huh.

Yeah, you kind of need a trigger to actually do much of anything, unfortunately! It is made to be used with all the controller's inputs hooked up to it, not in conjunction with another device. The issue here is that the app sends a docking request to the gun, and the gun sends its system information back to the app before syncing all the rest of its settings that gets reflected in the UI (it does this several times, in fact!). The problem here then is that when the device first boots without any saved preferences, it sends a message through the serial port that says "Preferences data is empty! Pull the trigger to start your first calibration!", which is a message intended for debugging but wasn't something I noticed to be a problem in production. It looks like something fucky wucky was going on that caused an issue.

You said that you got a "data wasn't received in time" error, but the exact wording of the error popup means a lot - since you said that everything beneath the error popup "was fine until I close the error box", then it happened after you could see a board picture, right?

If the worry is having to use only one type of input device, you could try and simply use it in Gamepad output mode - that way, all inputs (and the camera) goes through the gamepad output, rather than through the keyboard/mouse devices. That said, from what I've tried at least on Linux, Dolphin has a bit of trouble differentiating similarly-named analog axis (so Axis 0/1 for example are shared between the Mouse and Gamepad, for some bizarre reason). It might be an issue worth considering sending over to them, since I haven't had such issues with any other emulator/app like that.

Started by Bloodta - Last post by Bloodta

I just bought a Happ 3” trackball for exclusively playing Golden Tee. It’s P/N 56-0113-00K/(55-0302-00). Can it be upgraded to “work” well with golden tee?

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by Matuca1849

So, I'm having an issue where it doesn't seem to be working properly unless I open the GUI then select the port, unselect it, then reselect it. It pops up with an error about the data not being received in time but it will operate fine until I close the error box. I'm on the latest version. Any ideas?
You would be the first to run into such an issue without the app having crashed. Is it the latest versions of both halves? OS/version?
I believe so but I will double check to be sure. I did make an edit to my previous post about not having the trigger and pump wired through the pico board, so I think that may have something to do with it as well. I'll get those wired up tomorrow and report back. They are mapped to the right and left mouse button through a third party app.
I'm sorry, I don't think I understand--what exactly is the context that you're using this in? What gun is this being plugged into?

I'm a bit confused by it all. That said, I don't recall buttons not being hooked up to be the cause?

Sorry, I should have given much more context.

So I have the xbox 360 version of the top shot elite rifle which I am adding the IR camera via a pi pico2040 so I can use it for shooters in various emulators on my windows 10 PC. I'm currently using RE:Umbrella chronicles on the Dolphin emulator for all me testing. Since I can't use 2 seperate input devices as a single controller, I'm using a program that maps the xbox buttons to the keyboard and was using the IR as basically just the mouse pointer.

The only thing wired up to to the pico currently is the IR camera and none of the other buttons.

I believe this may be where the issue is as when I run the first time config on the GUI it is asking to use the trigger button to initiate it. So since the trigger isn't wired up through the pico and instead mapped to the mouse as an xbox button, I think it's causing the issue.

7   Main Forum / Re: just wonderingon Yesterday at 09:16:37 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by pbj

Good 10 years younger than most of you if not more.  The only reason I like this old garbage is I used to get hauled to a beach bar in the 90s that randomly got stocked with early 80s arcade games.  Other option was play pool on beat up tables and get screamed at about “don’t scratch the felt” or put quarters in the jukebox and get screamed at about “if you play another ---fracking--- Pink Floyd song I’m going to kick your ass.”  Swell things to tell a 12 year old. Tempest it was.

On the other hand, they would let my grandfather bring in a traveler fifth of McCormick provided he bought a “bucket of ice.”  He’d kill it and my 5’ grandmother would sit on a phone book and drive us home.  The older I get the more I get it.  They had a police scanner behind the bar and occasionally things would be whisked away and we’d all be told to shut the ---fudgesicle--- up.  Every now and then someone would parade around a woman in the place that I now realize was a whore.

Enough time had passed that you didn’t immediately get out of the water and rub yourself with mineral oil to dissolve Mexican tar balls from their offshore leak in the 70s, but just barely enough time.  We all had that mineral oil ready just in case.

It was an oyster shell beach so you wore closed toed shoes into the water.  You’d make the mistake precisely once of going barefoot.

Coastal plains Texas are a weird place. 

Started by ThatOneSeong - Last post by Matuca1849

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10