Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Monitor/Video Forum / MS-2933 Monitor Shiver issueon Today at 03:04:51 pm

Started by grendelrt - Last post by grendelrt

Looking for a starting point before I pull the monitor in my blast city (it sucks and takes 2 people haha). I have this ripple\shiver that vertically works its way down the monitor. I have had this show up in the past and go away on its own before. I also have noticed if I unplug the cabinet and let it discharge over a couple days it goes away. Took a video, you can see it if you look on the right edge. Its worse when running in 640x480 and has some lines that appear like tearing. Also doubt this is settings thing, but that would be nice if its something tweakable to fix. https://youtube.com/shorts/kZX9LtKxdCI?

Started by rackoon - Last post by lilshawn

it does indeed have locktite on the screws... since you ordered without a plate, it's up to you to supply the machine screw and nut. Going on memory, I believe it is a M4x10 with a countersunk head (also called "flat") will fit just fine. (was going to check the sticks I have to make sure, but it seems i've used them somewhere already.)

Started by rackoon - Last post by rackoon

Hmmmmm, OK, took it apart and see hex shapes so its all about a nut being under there. What about glue or locktight though?  :dunno

By the way i know some of you experts are laughing hard right now becuase its elementary stuff.

Started by rackoon - Last post by rackoon

Hello guys. I have built 15 arcades, stand ups, bar tops, and cocktails using this site and all of you folks as resources. Been doing this so long that when I started LCD screens were not an option.

Anyway, I always use plywood control panels, but this time Im using an old metal street fighter control pannel with holes for american sticks. I am using JLF's this time around and bought some conversion plates from Paradisearcade to do so. The sticks I ordered were without plates because I didnt need the stock ones.

Do I need ot take this whole thing apart to put nuts under the black frame. I dont see threads on it. its plastic and would strip out so ill asume thats the case. The m3 screws I orderd seem small. I went to the hardware store and m4 seem goofy to, heads are too small. Someone said glue or locktight is involved also. Could someone give me a point in the right directions plaease. It would be a big help. :dunno

Started by flybynight - Last post by flybynight

I sent a PM to njz3 and bought one through paypal. This was a while ago so there may be a web shop now.

It's actually a great little device because I can use my main gaming PC for both CRT emulation and as the main PC gaming.

Before I needed a separate PC for emudriver/CRT because I couldn't do regular gaming on it (once the epicgames loader detected TEST mode in Windows it wouldn't load the PC games, not to mention the R9 380 card was getting a bit old).

Started by danny_galaga - Last post by bobbyb13

WOW is that impressive.
Beautiful even if it never left the ground.

The prop alone looks like a work of art.

:cheers:

Started by Nodoyuna - Last post by Nodoyuna

Hi

I solved the problem by reinstalling the CRT Drivers. Everything is OK now ;)

Hi all

I change today the refresh rate of my CRT Monitor from 60Hz to 30Hz by accident.

I'm in Windows 7 and with CRT Emudriver installed (I can't check version now)

The system worked perfect before, but now, with 30Hz, I can't solve the problem, as I only see lines in my PVM monitor.

I tried to connect the computer to a VGA monitor and restore the 640x480@60 resolution, but when I switch back to the PVM, the problem continues. Right now I have 74,87 (Horizontal) and 60 (Vertical), so it's a disaster.

I think my only solution will be to reinstall the CRT Emudriver, right?

I flahsed the GPU the first time I installed them, do I need to flash the GPU again?

I suposse the drivers and install procedure has changed from the first time I did, so where can I find a step-by-step guide to install the drivers?

Thanks in advance

Started by flybynight - Last post by Super-Becker

Thanks for confirmation on it working. I tried the FFB plugin version you suggested and now I'm getting FFB but it pulls extreme right or left and doesn't center the wheel. I have alternate ffb on in the plugin as I'm using a VJoy Wheel with backforce feeder. Maybe I have the wrong rom or something? I'll do some more investigating in the coming days. Are you using the latest version of Johns version of Mame or his earlier release?

To fix the problem with the steering wheel pulling towards the ends, press tab > machine configuration > cabinet > twin. It needs to be in Twin because in Standard and De Luxe it presents the problem.

I'm using the latest version (John Bennett's MAME 0.251).

9   Everything Else / Re: So I've been building an ultralighton Yesterday at 10:07:40 pm

Started by danny_galaga - Last post by danny_galaga

10   Everything Else / Re: So I've been building an ultralighton Yesterday at 09:37:19 pm

Started by danny_galaga - Last post by Zebidee

Might be just the pic is too large - try resizing it, save as a jpg etc
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10