Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 05:49:15 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by Lingwendil

I have tried that. I had sound issues.

What kind of issues? Sometimes you need to switch audio drivers.

I really like Batocera so far. Setting up another machine with it tonight.

2   Main Forum / Re: Mame samples questionon Today at 05:11:59 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by Fursphere

You can probably use the samples you have to build an appropriate set.

https://wiki.recalbox.com/en/tutorials/utilities/rom-management/clrmamepro

3   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 04:39:01 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

Windows 7 came out Oct 22nd 2009 .  end of support Jan 14th 2020
The HP T620 came out Dec 2013
So... I picked MAME 0.149 it came out June 11th 2013
seems like a good match to me.
I know Zuma and Plant Vs Zombies work
I have windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332 Installed, all drivers are up to date
Snappy Driver is so cool.  :cheers:

4   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 04:33:12 pm

[quote Instead of running windows on it I would try a Batocera install- you can easily install it on a smaller drive or USB stick to boot it, and then runn all your games on a separate drive. very easy to use and configure.
[/quote]

I have tried that. I had sound issues.

5   Main Forum / Mame samples questionon Today at 04:09:18 pm

I downloaded Mame V 0.149. I found The ROM set.  I have the BIOS  for  0.149 the extra files are downloading right now. Can I use the samples
I have for MAME 2003 plus in MAME 0.149?

Started by geecab - Last post by geecab

Cool! That's interesting stuff Yolo!

Regarding those strange values I was reading in the hd68k_wr2_write() function, they definitely indicate steering wheel force feedback. The value indicates the amount of force that its trying to rotate the wheel (with either clockwise or anti clockwise)). I'll post more about this in a bit.

Regarding the script, yes its just python again. Create a file called, say, nvram_helper.py in the same directory as your mame.exe and copy that code into it. Run it without any parms and try one of the examples. Fingers crossed its work for you, not tested it on windows, only Linux so far.

:)

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by greymatr

I've got a new version. This one should work now.

I got my vive headset out and I couldn't get anything to display in the lenses. But I was able to see that the headset was tracking by right clicking on the HMD icon in Steam VR and selecting Display VR View. So using that view I could see it was causing the same issue when I run the program I sent. It flipped around and jumped up or down etc.

So I tried a few things but didn't get anywhere so I re-wrote how I did the pose and now get it from the OVIE driver instead of through Open VR. It gets the pose after offsets are applied, so the way that I described with the saving while replaying works. Just remember to unapply the offsets when replaying after saving or it'll double the offsets.

The values that are replayed come straight back out again when saving so it's rock solid now. I also got it to work with any device ID and I tested a controller with Virtual Desktop and the cursor replays in the exact spot. It should work if you wanted to save controller pose and then replay to HMD as well.

I tested the OVIE offsets after getting the replay to work but the desktop mode was failing to run. I figured out I must've changed the driver dll too much for it to work so I had to compile the overlay exe again and that worked. But I had to make a change to the overlay code to get it to compile for me and I don't know if that will have broken anything else in the program. It had to do with keyboard codes so maybe only the remapping section which I'm not sure was working anyway.

Hopefully this will all work now and be much easier to dial in the calibration

Edit 1: I should've mentioned too that you can use all the offsets in OVIE now. Interestingly though, when I couldn't get the desktop mode of OVIE to work, I went back to the pimax and noticed the pose data it gets is always only the driver values which probably also has something to do with the problem vive was having

8   Project Announcements / Re: Making PC Engine HuCardson Today at 02:43:06 pm

Started by pbj - Last post by Lingwendil

Very cool project.

A suggestion- check out JLCPCB for possible future orders. They have been wonderful for me, and every bit as high quality as PCBway and OSHpark. Very competitive pricing. I had customer service issues with both the other places for hobby stuff.

Started by howarejew - Last post by Lingwendil

Sweet! I'm planning a mini now, did you draw up custom plans, or scale something down from an existing set?

10   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 01:34:04 pm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KG2KFSX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Transcend TS256GMTS430S 256GB M.2 2242 SATAIII B+M Key MTS430S Solid State Drive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10