Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by howarejew - Last post by Lingwendil

Sweet! I'm planning a mini now, did you draw up custom plans, or scale something down from an existing set?

2   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 01:34:04 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KG2KFSX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Transcend TS256GMTS430S 256GB M.2 2242 SATAIII B+M Key MTS430S Solid State Drive

Started by abispac - Last post by abispac

Sorry , forgot to post images of the inside, plus, at the end I had to replace the lock with a regular tubular arcade lock, all works just fine. Ive never been a great detailed guy, I'm more of like, if it work it works, ---fudgesicle--- it. I still think on why the acceptors did not worked with regular harness, but if I get to work on the virtuo I'm make more tests and post results.

Started by geecab - Last post by Yolo_Swaggins

From reading the internal emails from Atari back when all these games were being made i can see that sometimes the test menu wasn't even completed before the game was. Maybe theres a chance that the cntrspn doesn't work because the code in the test menu isnt there to load it up? i kinda got this feeling from my discovery that the hacked ema wheel value i tried sending to street drivin specifically at the start of the game which would be much lower than the real value untill it average itself out over a few seconds makes the steering not work at all but if you reset the machine it will then work.  Makes me think that the game code dynamically adjusts that stuff based on the input range fed to it through mame? Airborne doesn't exhibit that behaviour and just seems to act like it's set in stone. It was 2 different teams that atari got to do street drivin and airborne and they would pick out the best one for release but it was already dated by the time all was said and done and they abandoned them both. It might explain why theres different steering behaviour between the 2 games.  Street drivin doesn't have any off the wheel being off center issues it was just the normal range of steering from the portminmax that the other games used was too big for street drivin i guess because the patcen isnt right? Maybe we need a dump of the original saved data from the street drivin and hard drivin's airborne to understand it more and make it work? What if the data was reset by somebody who got hold of the machines at a later date and this is what is causing it? I'm probobly wrong about it all but it's interesting trying to figure out whats going on and i hope you can fix it eventually it would be a really cool achievement and more people could get to test them out and see what might have been.

Started by geecab - Last post by Yolo_Swaggins

Hi Geecab, i hope you can figure it all out! I was playing around with swapping rom files from the compact hard drivin and race drivin' into the street drivin hardware on mame and can almost get it to work i was trying it out because the sound works much better on street drivin compared to hard drivin' and race drivin emulated hardware and the sound roms seem to be the exact same as race drivin' compact and race drivin' panorama share a lot of roms with street drivin' too! How do i run that script you made for the nvram files? I just do it in python again? Getting the steering as accurate as possible to the arcade would be really nice. I worked out what roms files contain the police car and the extra stock car track in street drivin', somebody good at decompiling and modding assembly code could maybe hack in the gear shifter to work as i find playing with the gears in the compact version is much more fun!

Started by bonesai26 - Last post by bonesai26

Thanks - will give it a go and report back.

Started by mourix - Last post by mourix

Beautiful work.  How the hell are you getting a Master System ROM working without a mapper?  I looked into making SMS carts with a Genesis footprint and recall you were rather limited on what would run without custom chips.

Unfortunately I had to steal the roms from original carts.

Even the generic Master System to Mega-Tech converter did not work because they used very specific chip select pinouts in order to also have the menu ROM seperately selectable.

8   Merit/JVL Touchscreen / Re: JVL Echo Not Booting Upon Yesterday at 11:57:13 pm

Started by Phlav - Last post by Phlav

Hey mahkeymike, sorry about the extremely late reply and thank you for your prompt response. I am new to the forum and thought that if I a got a response I would get an email notification so I never came back to the site to check on responses. I actually tried emailing the company a few times and never got a response unfortunately. They completely ignored all my emails and it's really disappointing. I found some suggestions and will try them such as replacing the battery etc. If it doesn't work, I will try finding a local repair shop. Thanks again for your response.

9   Lightguns / Re: VR lighthouse based tracking for lightgunson Yesterday at 11:42:10 pm

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by greymatr

I will try to get my Vive headset out later today and see if I can get it working and then see if I can replicate the issues.

The reason it doesn't work with a different device number is because it uses a OpenVR call that is specific to the HMD but this could also be part of the problem if the Vive works differently to the Pimax. I'll have to test that and may have to rewrite it.

Either way though, the replay function is only working to replay on the HMD at the moment. That could possibly be changed but seemed like we only needed to replay the HMD.

10   Project Announcements / Re: Making PC Engine HuCardson Yesterday at 11:17:57 pm

Started by pbj - Last post by pdco_arcade

Those look really good.  Especially the soldering.  Almost looks like you know what you are doing.  :-)   Did you use a solid bottom sheet?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10