Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by silmalik - Last post by reeone

I can't reproduce here. Do you have a stdout.txt for native/super resolutions?

Started by graeflicher - Last post by graeflicher

Cabinet IDs are 1-4. Cabinet 1 is configured as master, the other as slave. Country is USA and type is "twin".
I am using 4 identical i5-6500 CPUs (2 machines use different GPUs tough).

The network check is successful on all 4 machines. Ingame it reports "up to 2 players can play" in attract mode.

I also checked the the manual. Interestingly, the wiring diagram for 4 players looks like P1->P3->P4->P2. Do I have to change the Cabinet-ID and .ini IPs acordingly? Since the SR2 diagram looks the same, I guess it should be working, tough.

Probably I just messed up some setting. Is Scud Race known to work in 4 player mode with supermodel? Just wanted to make sure before
investing more time. Thanks!

3   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Today at 07:00:16 am

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

I just plugged in a second external HD an installed Prime OS to it. The power supply to the Thin Client is not powerful enough to run Prime OS from a USB 3.0 thumb drive. I used a powered sata adapter. Attached  to a ssd 256gb drive

Started by tangodownNZ - Last post by tangodownNZ

Daytona USA has a “No handicap mode”

Read below for instructions.

However, Daytona with No Handicap mode, Daytona USA could be the best driving game ever created, but for one problem. Tyre degradation. In this mode your tyres wear out, and they wear out real quick. After only one lap the car becomes uncontrollable. Yes you can pit, but that only gives you one more lap. The tyre deg really takes away from the great arcade style of that we all know and love. But we don’t want handicap as well, because it takes the fun out of the game, knowing no matter how good your driving is, you will always be caught, even if your opponents car crashes. Both these problems ruin the games potential to be the greatest arcade driving game ever. In fact, even though I love the game so much, I can’t play it because of handicap mode. And just when I found a way to turn it off, I found the tyre problem.

So to make Daytona USA into the undisputed best arcade racing game ever, we need a way to have handicap mode OFF and tyre deg OFF, then you will have the best. There must be a way to do this. Tyre deg is off by default, so there must be a simple line in the games coding to keep it off. Infact I read in Normal mode tyre deg stays off with handicap off. Tyre deg may only be active in grand prix and endurance modes. But we need these extra laps.

There must be somebody that can find a way to turn tyre deg off with handicap off. PLEASE HELP

No Handicap Mode: The game keeps races close by increasing the top speed of any car that is not in first place, which gives all players a chance to catch up. To disable this option (On "Twin Type" games only), press all four view change buttons at the course selection screen. A small white point will appear in the upper left corner of the screen. In multi-player races, No Handicap Mode will only be activated if more than half of the players enter this code. If the machine is configured for Grand Prix mode or Endurance mode as described above, entering the No Handicap Mode will have added effect of wearing away your tires during game.

Started by abispac - Last post by lilshawn

that virtuo door has been pried open, so it's going to need a bit of work to get the latches lined back up again to get it closing and latching closed proper again.

that monitor in there is an older monitor. if you can get the guy to power it on and see that the monitor working before you hand over cash, that would be best. if the picture looks good, your golden. if it has black spots, i'd avoid it. the panels are an odd size (26") and not really available anymore. a new unit from touchtunes runs about 1100 buckazoids. if it looks good, and you do get it, recap the backlight inverter.

the LED array board has been replaced with a newer revision. it has a 16x72 (i think) resolution. it is less prone to capacitor and decoder IC failure issues, but more prone to pixel issues.

6   GroovyMAME / Re: how to run games in 110-120hzon Yesterday at 08:49:32 pm

Started by pastorjoe - Last post by pastorjoe

And? Is that the only setting I need to set? How about setting refresh rate or any other settings?

7   GroovyMAME / Re: how to run games in 110-120hzon Yesterday at 06:35:54 pm

Started by pastorjoe - Last post by makya

you may try doublescan in mame.ini set to 1

8   Main Forum / Re: thin client pcon Yesterday at 04:00:08 pm

Started by daywane - Last post by daywane

Arcade games sound scratchy. PS1 games are dropping frames.
I am trying android no. Prime OS is running on external drive. I am looking for a way to keep Prime OS on external drive. what instructions I find point t a download called topresize. I can not locate topresize.
I am not ready to install to the only M.2 drive I have.

9   GroovyMAME / Re: emu4crt Mednafen mod - update 1.26.1on Yesterday at 03:37:24 pm

Started by silmalik - Last post by psakhis

I can't reproduce here. Do you have a stdout.txt for native/super resolutions?

Started by flybynight - Last post by njz3

Yes I agree that would be nice to get a switchres support for the board.
The board's firmware uses a simple serial communication protocol to store an EDID: basically set the EDID size in 128bytes blocks (up to 30kbytes), then send a write command with a leading adress value in hexadecimal text and a chunk of 16 bytes encoded also in hexadecimal.
What could be tricky is to perform a re-read of the EDID without restarting the whole graphics stack.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10