Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Project Announcements / Re: Verticade: bartop + vpinon Today at 08:35:51 am

Started by basbase - Last post by firedance

Thanks the pc specs, yeah the mini pc would struggle, nice upgrade :)

2   GroovyMAME / Re: GroovyMAME 0.265 - Switchres 2.220con Today at 08:32:21 am

Started by Calamity - Last post by Marcoqwerty

Please someone could suggest me a GPU that is fully compatible with GM with Switchres 2.x

I comes from the HD 5450 and i cant istall the last GM.

Better if its GPU that is easy to find online also used.

Best regards!

Started by flybynight - Last post by haynor666

Directly here from NJZ3 or bandicoot :)

I'm also interested but before I buy I would like to know a bit more about setting and hardware req.

Started by flybynight - Last post by antoniomauro

Where it can be bought?

Started by Boomslang - Last post by jorgenjl2

Here are the in depth steps I took.

1.   Setup sfrushrk on one player Mame (.261 for example for me but could try 60fps version) and make sure it works for one player before complicating things.
   2.   Remove any old tap adapter software installs from add/remove programs if installed older one (most people probably have not attempted old version so imagine could skip this step).
   3.   Install openvpn version (I installed "OpenVPN-2.6.9-I001-amd64" (other versions didn't work including the latest 2.6.10). https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/) (selected main “install now” button w/ no customization). Note the filename says amd in it but it’s generic windows 64 bit for all types (intel/nvidis gpu/etc). This will create an openvpn tap adapter in your network adapters. On a couple of my PCs, I got a failure during install and windows error log said service called “DHCP Client” needed set to automatic start and start it and click retry button back to fix the error and finish install. I ignored the error at the end about no readable connection profiles.
   4.   Install tap software (I installed "tap-windows-9.24.7-I601-Win10". https://build.openvpn.net/downloads/releases) but select all three checkboxes (adapter, utilities, and SDK).
   5.   Now you have two tap adapters so Go to c/program files/tap folder name/bin/ folder and right click deltapall.bat file and run as admin and then type a key to delete one. This will remove one of the tap adapters but leave software on pc I think and leave another openvpn tap adapter
   6.   Go back to network adapters and rename the only remaining tap adapter to mamex where x is the pc number (1, 2, etc). (I ignored the Wintun adapter). I had to click it four times to be able to rename it like you would a file in windows.
   7.   Control click mamex adapter and Ethernet adapter at same time while holding down control key and right click and Select bridge connections. Ignore error if says error creating as should still create (even if just identifying or whatever informational message on it).
   8.   Right click the new bridge and select properties and make sure mamex and Ethernet are BOTH selected.
   9.   Restart all pcs involved.
   10.   Edit the cfg for sfrushrk.ini in Mame cfg folder to have 0 listed for network instead of -1. (Literally Where says -1 replace with 0).
   11.   Start sfrush rock and change car color by… holding f2 and hit music button and abort button to enter and then different view buttons to move/change car color for player 2 to blue (p3 and p4 if used need different colors too. P1 can stay red). Then hit reverse to save and then go to exit wirh music and abort. Restart Mame.
   12.   Update the dip switch settings (click tab button and go to dip switch settings) so serial number is something other than 6 for cab 2 (and serial for cab 3 and 4 are both a unique number from the others as well). I also turned off wheel calibration each startup if you want in dip settings while you are at it if on a recent Mame version that has that feature.
   13.   I had to “reverse” my accelerator pedal in the tab Mame control options and do the “minus” accelerater option with a regular brake to have proper controls.
   14.   Test link mode now

The Rush the Rock ad from back in the day says 8 way linkability so I am guessing the other 2 race car images on that screen would go next to “The Rock” text surrounded in yellow. I also found I had the serial number in the dip switch the same # (default 6) for a few of the racers (even if car color was different) so I need to test if the cars bounce less now that I fixed the serial. I did see people say the original rush linked cabs do have some bouncing of cars in link mode so it may also just be how it was.

Started by projectguy - Last post by projectguy

I uploaded the next in the Galaga Multicade build.  This video will turn on tomorrow morning but the following private link will let you preview it.  Video #2 covers what parts you will need, where to get them and what they cost.  This video was recorded before a member pointed out to me that the board contains unlicensed games.  I made a note of the error in the video via an on screen caption and apologize for the misleading statement.  Enjoy!

I can confirm that 4 players also works great! It almost looks like there are spots for 6 players so maybe the original supported up to 6 players? I will have to research. I can post more in depth instructions tomorrow as well for getting this and you can compare what I did to see if there is anything you recommend doing instead.

Started by Rantlers - Last post by Rantlers

your controller may be trying to drive the LED's on a floating ground... since the controller effectively switches the negative of your LED's to it's ground to "turn them on" ... you need to make sure your controller and your LED's power supply are sharing the same negative rail. you may have to tie one of the negative power leads from the power supply to the controller/computer ground or shield so they are switched to the same ground potential difference. (and not just the negative ground potential of the computer the controller is attached to.)
You're incredible, thank you so much!  I simply touched a ground lead from the power supply to the USB terminal on the PAC Drive and the lights lit up like a Christmas tree.  Now just trying to figure out how to make a "cleaner" more permanent solution.

Started by meltedcactus86 - Last post by meltedcactus86

Making progress. Added the coin door cutout and have nearly everything mocked up. added the CPO art I made along with a little sticker that's kind of like a "How to" sticker. However, this one is more about the plot/story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10