Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by greymatr

I've had a look at the OVIE source code and I got the original source code to compile and I think the important part of the fixed version.

I looked through the code and I think I know what I need to do to be able to lock the pose and position of the headset but I need to get the overlay program to be able to read the current data and then send it through to the driver dll to be able to make it stay at that saved position.

I will also have to work out how I can do all the user interface side of that in the overlay.

I think it is all possible but it'll take me some time to work through.

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by emphatic

Groovy.  :cheers:

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by Toasty833

So I've been doing a bit of testing with Virtual Desktop + modified OpenVR2Key and so far things are working pretty well. I've got an AHK script to make clicks on the edge of the screen convert to right click, which works with all the games I've tried so far, but it still has a few kinks to iron out.

M2 has 16:9/4:3 cursor mismatch, but calibration seems to fix it. Mame has the same issue (after setting mouse/lightgun handling to win32, none of the other options worked), but I haven't worked on it yet. Teknoparrot picks up the clicks as "unknown device", and works on the couple of games I've tested so far.

Demul (with nomousy), Model 3, and PS3 emulation all seem to work with no issues so far.

Started by Ond - Last post by Ond

I designed and printed these grill covers for the rear vent holes on the back-box:

Here you can see the angled aluminum glass retainers which stop the back glass from moving:

Back-box assembly completed:

Visual Pinball running 'The Web' re-worked back-glass artwork that I did. The DMD window sits pretty well in the cutout I think:

I mentioned earlier the excellent viewing angle performance this monitor has:

A closer view, monitor is sharp!:

That's it for the Back-Box for now. It only needs artwork applied, brackets, retaining clips and speakers installed.
In next steps I'll be painting the main cabinet and fabricating a (scaled down) coin door panel.

5   Main Forum / Re: arcade front endon Today at 02:47:17 am

Started by jteexy - Last post by baritonomarchetto

I still use one of the most versatile FE out there, even if no more updated: FEEL
https://feelfrontend.altervista.org/it/
It's opensource now.

Started by saint - Last post by Ond

va

Started by Bloodta - Last post by Bloodta

Thank you very much.

Started by Bloodta - Last post by PL1

Yes, you can fix the backspin problem that many people have complained about by replacing that Happ trackball encoder.
- If you can, return that trackball and exchange it for a model that has Happ "Red Boards" and an arcade-style molex harness.
- If you can't exchange the trackball, upgrade the two green boards to Happ "Red Boards".  (P/N A052-1011-00)

To convert the quadrature waveforms from the "Red Boards" to USB mouse movements, use an OptiWiz3 and the Trackball Cable for Opti-Wiz "No-Solder" from GGG.

Scott

9   Project Announcements / Re: Project Too Big and Spinnyon Yesterday at 11:47:28 pm

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

Today was a monumental day, screen was mounted and spins better than I could've imagined, only takes a finger. Only thing left of the initial build is the screen bezel, and installing hinges for the back door. Should be ready for disassembly and then paint by Sunday. Project should be complete within two weeks. I'm amazed how little I've had to deviate from my designs, a couple tiny little adjustments here and there but altogether everything worked out.

Started by saint - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

:)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10