Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My humble attempt! (FINISHED)  (Read 18350 times)

Nacimroc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2015, 03:46:25 pm
Re: My humble attempt! (FINISHED)
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:02 am »
I never even noticed it was a BD drive! Was just a spare I had lying around the place.

A few things for people debating/currently building one! Most of these things are hard to find out I found (alot in wiki to be fair)

Power:
I used an 'intelliplug'  (UK/Ireland version of the power lead that switches everything on when PC is on) Allows me to press one button and turn whole cab on or off! http://www.oneclickpower.com/store/ Its a must have in my opinion!

I used a PC power supply to power most of the DC stuff like LED's, Neons etc! To get it to come on you need to short pin 14 with 15 or 16! Its the green with any of the 3 blacks beside it!

TV:
To get the TV to come on by itself without a remote control, just wedge something into the power switch to keep it pressed! This will make it auto come on (on most TV's)!

To get the TV to automatically go to AV, put 12v to pin 8 of the scart (and ground to the surrounding metal bit)! I used a 12v power cable, but it would probably be easier to take the 12v from somewhere inside the tv!

Artwork:
To get my image on my CP (its called cosmic frostbite) to be clearer, I used 'gaussian blur' to blend out some of the pixelation look.

Mamemarquees wanted something like $130 for my CP and marquee, I got it printed in a local sign shop for 30 quid and that included putting the marquee on acrylic!

General points:
As a rule of thumb I found when designing the size put the top of your screen at eye level minus 4 or 5 inches! I looked into this alot and found this is a good way to go about it! Of course it all depends on your preference or angles etc but worked for me.

For the rom side of things "romcenter" is great to name your roms right and delete all the junk! Then "fuzzy renamer" is brilliant to get image/video snaps to match names with the rom itself! This saved me so much time in messing with roms!

Got to recommend emumovies to get the image snaps/videos from! Has everything you would want!

Other than that this forum has absolutely everything you could possibly want to know about it and if not someone always knows on here so thanks to all!

Rusty Shackelford

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2013, 02:02:09 pm
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2010, 08:19:13 am »
Exellent cab! Love the lines. Nice to see another UK CRT cab.

What LED module are you using to light you trackball? Is it the ultimarc module or is it somthing from Maplin? Also your powering from a seperate PC power supply right?

I ask because Im at the CP building stage.

saurian333

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2014, 07:58:21 pm
  • "They must've spent tens of dollars on this."
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:08 pm »
I never even noticed it was a BD drive! Was just a spare I had lying around the place.

Agh, I looked again, and it isn't.  I mistook the LightScribe logo for the Blu-Ray logo.  Sorry, I was tired.  :banghead:

I used an 'intelliplug'  (UK/Ireland version of the power lead that switches everything on when PC is on) Allows me to press one button and turn whole cab on or off! http://www.oneclickpower.com/store/ Its a must have in my opinion!

Yep, we call it a "SmartStrip" (that's the trademarked name; there are probably others).  Very cool units.  I notice quite a few people using them.

Nacimroc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 03:49:27 pm »

What LED module are you using to light you trackball? Is it the ultimarc module or is it somthing from Maplin? Also your powering from a seperate PC power supply right?

I ask because Im at the CP building stage.

The LED's are from superbrightleds.com! They are the module with 6 led's in each! Fit perfect under the ultimarc trackball! The LED at the front shining on the ground is a smaller version of it!

painterinfo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2010, 05:29:27 am
  • Arcade10
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:32 am »
Sorry to hear you have to sell it, it is an awsome design and quality made so think it is worth what you are asking for it.
Scripting Wizard

Nacimroc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2010, 03:27:45 pm »
Thanks! The doctors have recently diagnosed me with the arcade bug :lol , so if I do sell, there is a possibility of more being made (cheaper one this time)! Getting married in June so I need the cash from this one unfortunately.  I've started my juke which is just as interesting as building an arcade I found, so after thats done its back to the drawing board if finances allow!

edge10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2014, 03:49:58 pm
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:11 pm »
... so after thats done its back to the drawing board if finances its back to the drawing board if  finances fiancee allows>!

There, fixed that for you!  ;D
Please remind me NOT to argue on the Internet!
Joel Robinson: People don't mean to be obnoxious, it's just that they're all screwed up inside.

saurian333

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2014, 07:58:21 pm
  • "They must've spent tens of dollars on this."
    • My b(uild)log
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2010, 07:25:30 pm »
... so after thats done its back to the drawing board if finances its back to the drawing board if  finances fiancee allows>!

Hehe...I could have sworn that's what it actually said when I read it.  :lol

Nacimroc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2010, 09:41:39 pm »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 11:57:36 am »
It came out great.  Love the design and the USB/Button idea.