Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: It's a small world after all.. It's a small small world ! Craigslist Projects  (Read 2575 times)

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
So i caught a local craigslist ad posted for a bunch of cabinets for sale. The ad said that you needed to buy the entire lot of 13x games! I wrote the guy an email telling him I was only interested in the "Twin Cobra" that was advertised. He wanted to sell all of his machines as a package deal. Any ways turns out, he said sure come by and check it out and i'll sell you just that one game etc etc.. I ended up knowing the guy! I met him on a road trip and him and another KLOVer we all went up together to CT to look at a craigslist ad. I couldn't believe it!

So I got lucky and Dan sold me the Twin Cobra at what I thought was a great price (considering i've seen the pcbs alone on ebay recently hit the 200.00 mark!), and it also sits inside an Atari cabinet which was once a Centipede. I think I'm going to end up restoring it back to a centipede and tossing the twin cobra stuff into a generic dynamo cut corner cabinet. I'm getting another dynamo project cab dropped off this weekend , and I already have a 1943 cut corner dynamo the both cabinets are going to look great next to each other! Along with when I do eventually restore the centipede I have a Dig Dug that it will be placed next to.

Dan also sold me a painted over stern cabinet that was converted to an Arkanoid, another one of my favorite games that I can't wait to add to my collection. However the stern cabinet is going to be converted into my Wonderboy project, I'm basing it off of the one at Funspot. Dan also sold me another Arkanoid control panel (back up spinner) for only 5.00 bucks. I'm going to try to wait to obtain another taito project cab or possibly a midway for my arkanoid. I'm trying to tackle 3 projects at once !

And I almost forgot to mention how nice Dan actually was...At first I also picked up a DK3 machine from him, I bought it blind, it was buried in his garage. He dropped it off, and it wasn't in the best shape, the base was cut down etc, major bondo work.. So he actually took back the machine because I told him I wasn't thrilled with it!

Stern Project I picked up(started to remove paint / sand):

This is the wonderboy at Funspot in NH (Stern cabinet, I like the white T-molding, choplifter cpo):

started to take off some paint on the Twin Cobrapede:

If you want to see the finished results check out my blog / website:
 http://www.guscade.com

So I guess it is a small world after all !
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 02:53:44 pm by mrclean »
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

Dartful Dodger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
An arcade enthusiast answers a local add posted by another arcade enthusiasts and they ended up knowing each other, that's sooo weird.

Something like that happened to me a few years ago when I went to my high school reunion and I met these guys I knew in high school...

Seriously , congrats on finding the game and the lost friend.

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mmmmmmm I smell sarcasm  :laugh:

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
My plans have changed and I have decided to sell my Twin Cobra stuff , it's on eBay right now

Item number: 290375141161 .. I ended keeping that stern my arkanoid machine.. still not sure what I'm going to do with the dynamo, being that it has a horizontal monitor in it, that might become my wonderboy.
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke