Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to programmatically change which keystrokes are output by I-PAC Ultimate  (Read 608 times)

PotionsAndPixels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2023, 08:33:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I want to know if it's possible to *programmatically* change which keystrokes are output by the various buttons connected to my I-PAC Ultimate I/O

About the project

So, I'm working for POTIONS&PIXELS a 501(c)3 nonprofit. We're building a bunch of arcade cabinets to highlight indie games.

I am the programmer and I'm writing a program in Unity that's similar to Winnitron. Basically it has a menu showing many games and it starts and stops the games. So your Windows PC can act like an arcade machine kiosk with many games. (We want to open source this project when it's done btw, it will have different features to Winnitron)
We already have bought many I-PAC Ultimate I/O boards to contruct the cabinets with.

The different games will have different controls, so what I want to do is when my program loads a new game, it should change which keystrokes the I-PAC outputs.
Is this possible? and if so how do I do it?

Some things I've found out so far

It is possible to change which keys are output by the I-PAC manually with its software WinI-PAC, and save and load the configuration files as .ipc

There is the ultimarc SDK here.. I have looked at the documentation for their SDK. Theres only one function that looks like it can reconfigure the keys  "bool PacProgramUHid(int id, char *sFilePath)" the problem is that it is listed as only for the UHid product and not the I-PAC Ultimate

WinI-PAC looks very similar to the screenshot I have seen of the UHid's software U-config, and also WinI-PAC can export .raw files which is what this function takes, but WinI-PAC cannot import .raw files itself.

Thanks for any help! Also I have just begun looking into this I-PAC stuff (they were already bought a while ago by someone else) so please excuse my ignorance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 04:02:10 pm by PotionsAndPixels »

nugarp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:42:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
If you want inputs to be something like xinput, then using keyboard2xinput and updating configs would get you squared away. See the keyboard2xinput post in this forum (software).
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube