Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WTB - leaf switch holders [ US / TX / Austin ]  (Read 2171 times)

Disgrntld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2010, 08:42:06 pm
  • Aiee
WTB - leaf switch holders [ US / TX / Austin ]
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:23:49 pm »
..that look like the ones in this thread. I believe ericball got them from Wico, but they're out of business now. I need like 30.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:20:02 pm by Disgrntld »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: WTB - leaf switch holders
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »
Bob Roberts, Lizard Lick, Arcadeshop, Mike's Arcade all stock them if you are looking for new.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

gatordad

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 pm
  • This is your brain on games.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:09:42 pm »
I've got a few. I don't know if there is 30 of this black slim type, I'll look later today and pm ya what I have.

Disgrntld

• Offline Offline
  • Aiee
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:31:51 pm »
Thanks gatordad! I'd appreciate it. I really only need 18, wanted some extras jic.

CheffoJeffo, I got some white ones (for wood CPs) from Bob Roberts but I'd have to route 1/4" into 5/8" plywood to use them on my 3/4" CP . I'm lazy and I'm also worried about strength because I'm routing around the joysticks too. Do you know if any of those vendors have the black type for sure?

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:59:17 pm »
CheffoJeffo, I got some white ones (for wood CPs) from Bob Roberts but I'd have to route 1/4" into 5/8" plywood to use them on my 3/4" CP . I'm lazy and I'm also worried about strength because I'm routing around the joysticks too. Do you know if any of those vendors have the black type for sure?

I've never checked (I haven't run out from a big box I bought some years back), so I could be wrong. I do have some white ones that have been ground down to be thing, so perhaps that is an option for you with the ones that you have.

At this point, my question would be -- how short are your buttons ?

Some of the (really) short buttons won't fit in a 3/4" panel with any holder, even the thin ones. I've only had it happen to me once and I didn't feel like buying a longer button, so I used my Forstner bit to drill most of the way through the panel, then finished with a smaller bit so that I could just attach the nut and then mount the switch directly to the wood.

Kinda like the kludgy solution shown here (except the button I was using was even shorter):

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/leafwood.jpg

You might also want to check eBay as that is where I found mine.

:cheers:

EDIT: here is a pic of the 5 heights I have in my stash. Sadly I only have 2 of what you are looking for remaining (thought I had another bag), but you can see the "ground down" option at the end.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:17:22 pm by CheffoJeffo »
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Disgrntld

• Offline Offline
  • Aiee
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 06:14:19 pm »
Grinding them down might work. How'd you do that?

I'm pretty sure I have the long buttons. I made a thread about it here that has pics.

My buttons are long enough that I could use a solution like those wood risers Bob's mounting the leaf switches to instead of holders (NoOne=NBA= uses something like this too). In fact, that's probably easier than grinding the holders down...

So that sounds like my two solutions if I can't find these things. Thanks!

gatordad

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 07:11:02 pm
  • This is your brain on games.
Re: WTB - leaf switch holders [ US / TX / Austin ]
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 11:35:52 pm »
I have 7 of the slim black ones used but in good shape, will need the contacts cleaned and possibly a wire or 2 desoldered
but I have over 30 of the ones that are in the middle of cheffo's pic, again just need to be cleaned
LMK

Disgrntld

• Offline Offline
  • Aiee
Re: WTB - leaf switch holders [ US / TX / Austin ]
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 12:20:43 am »
Nice pic CheffoJeffo, I'm clear on leaf button heights now, thanks! Also checked eBay, there were some leaf button holders just wrong kind. I'll keep watching..

PM sent gatordad.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:25:14 am by Disgrntld »