Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Simpsons resoration  (Read 10541 times)

orion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
Re: Simpsons resoration
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 08:23:33 am »
It's looking really good, great job! I take it that monitor you picked up on ebay for $60.00 came in (nice score BTW) Oh and I like your workshop setup, reminds me of mine... everything in its place nice and neat, makes doing work so much easier when you can find what you need when you need it.

ZORK2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2010, 11:45:04 pm
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »
Thanks guys for the good words.
 I just build that workbench about a month ago, yes it makes a HUGE difference! Now the key will be keeping it that way! I'm finally getting my tool collection closer to where it needs to be. I have a feeling THAT will be a life long project!

To answer a your questions, yep the monitor came in. Swapped it out, had to make a few adjustments, and dummy me  broke a part on the "neck" taking the old one off. Luckily it didn't affect anything.  Works like a charm. I think I'm going to sell the old one as not working on ebay.

Yeah the glass cutter cut everything to size. Like I said they did a nice job, it is made out of lexan. It was 60$, which was PRICEY I thought, but due to the cuts, and holes, I thought I'd end up having that much in broken "attempts". Maybe not, but I just didn't feel like messing with it. It has 40 holes and the corners cut. A couple of the joysitck mount holes are not "Excact" and I'm going to have to oversize a couple of the holes on the CP to get them all to line up I think??

Other than that, no updates today. I am waiting on my router bits so I can cut the slot for the T-molding in the bondo on the CP. Once my bits show up, I've got some practicing to do as I have zero.zero experience with using a router. I want to cut that slot before I put the CPO on and re-mount the joysticks and buttons.

That and I'm waiting on my new yellow T-molding, and some of the other details to show up from twistedquarter.com.

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 06:11:48 am »
Quick update
My computer has been on the fritz the past couple days. So sorry no pics today.
This project is nearing completion.
I finished up the CP on Friday, it turned out GREAT! The T-molding and rest of the details are finished as well, the machine is looking really good, it doesn't even look like the same machine! :)
I'll post some new pics as soon as I can.
I spent a couple hours yesterday getting th machine ready for the new coin mechanims to show up, also wiring in 4 service credit buttons, one for each player. They are mounted behind the coin door instead of in the coin return slot.
Only things left are wiring in a new power cord, as the old one looks like someone cut an old extention cord and used it as the power cord, wire in a toggle on/off switch, and install the coin mechanisms once they show up.

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
Well I finally got my computer/camera situation fixed, so are here are the last of my restoration pics.....
Enjoy!

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 03:56:52 pm »
More

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 03:58:57 pm »
Just about done!

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2009, 04:06:50 pm »
FINALLY DONE AND MOVED INTO ITS NEW HOME!!! Now I'm ready for another project!
Thanks to everyone who helped along the way!!

OTTOgd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 02, 2019, 10:45:16 pm
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 06:34:21 pm »
Nice job, it looks great! Thanks for sharing.

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 01:11:26 pm »
Did you get your slot cutters at Harbor Freight?  They look to be 1/4" shank.  What type of router did you use them in? 

I ask because the ones I have seen there say rated at 16,000 RPM.  My Ryobi router runs at 25,000 RPM.  I wasn't sure if I should use them so didn't pick them up.  When I look online for slot cutters they never give a RPM rating.  I wasn't sure how important it was. 

Can you tell me what you used them in and did you have any problems?

ZORK2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 04:05:31 pm »
Yep, got the slot cutters at Harbor Freight. I used a Ryobi router, no problems what so ever.

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 08:23:28 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I will be picking some up.

Cabs look great by the way.

xtommyboy22x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2009, 02:32:59 pm
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 09:06:29 pm »
Oh my God!!!! I have to own the Simpsons one day!!!! Along with TMNT and XMEN

patchboston

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2020, 09:31:04 am
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:35 am »
great thread! I'm on my way now to pick up a "tekken" that was housed in the same cab. It looks like artwork is still there, but covered up by paint..can't tell if it's a simpsons/tmnt/sunset riders, etc.,etc.

Here's to hoping its a tmnt or simpsons! Either way its going to become one of those two
Own: Pac-man, TMNT, P.O.W.