Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HyperAttract - Program that exits an emulator after specified idle time.  (Read 12996 times)

kagaden

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 10, 2022, 10:58:37 pm
Re: HyperAttract - Program that exits an emulator after specified idle time.
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2009, 10:39:54 pm »
Woot, glad to hear that could work :D I'll get around to toying with it and see if I can come up with something, no worries :D

Edit: Oh snap, I didn't realize you updated it. I'll check it out and get back to you. Thanks again :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 03:09:05 am by kagaden »

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 07:05:43 pm »
Ha, those are interesting ideas, I think a better idea may simply be to use the IPAC for the buttons and the U360s for the joystick, obviously if your using the sticks your using the buttons to, so the program would still work.

Not all games use buttons during game play. Wouldn't be fun to play a long game of pacman or frogger and suddenly you get kicked out!
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Kman-Sweden

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2015, 07:29:00 am
  • Up the Irons!
Re: Front End that returns to itself from a game?
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 09:11:39 am »
FYI,

Maximus Arcade has this feature built in as well.

~ DeLuSioNaL
Where?

kagaden

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 02:25:45 am »
So I've been using that new one for about a week now and it works like a charm with joy2key. I'm actually really liking this solution because with joy2key it's sending keystrokes and gamepad inputs at the same time. Therefore, for an emu I can use either keystrokes or gamepad inputs and for SFIV I can use native gamepad inputs and the extra keystrokes don't affect anything. It's rock solid so far :)

Thanks Brian!  :applaud:

brian_hoffman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2011, 09:02:20 pm
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 02:30:05 am »
So I've been using that new one for about a week now and it works like a charm with joy2key. I'm actually really liking this solution because with joy2key it's sending keystrokes and gamepad inputs at the same time. Therefore, for an emu I can use either keystrokes or gamepad inputs and for SFIV I can use native gamepad inputs and the extra keystrokes don't affect anything. It's rock solid so far :)

Thanks Brian!  :applaud:
Your welcome, and to think I just spent the last 1 and a half hours programming it to not need joytokey, Using getkeystate and other fun stuff.
Oh well, if there is a want for the latest beta Ill upload it, if not then case closed.

Thanks for the feedback
Brian Hoffman
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 02:32:07 am by brian_hoffman »

kagaden

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 02:32:26 am »
I think the pause feature that theshanman was interested in could probably be implemented in the way I mentioned before, with a loop running with a counter that acted like a timer that was reset when a joypad input was pressed. I think in that case you'd just need a button that would toggle the loop from stopping/starting. I'm not really the programmer type though so I can't say for sure. I'd still like to take a stab at scripting one when I have some time but someone else is welcome to attempt it if they feel it's a good idea.

I really like the way Brian worked in the configuration file for the different exe's it would terminate. Makes it way user friendly, I'd hope to make use of that idea as well when I get around to looking at this. The holidays are always so busy :(

kagaden

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 02:34:32 am »

Thanks Brian!  :applaud:
Your welcome, and to think I just spent the last 1 and a half hours programming it to not need joytokey, Using getkeystate and other fun stuff.
Oh well, if there is a want for the latest beta Ill upload it, if not then case closed.

Thanks for the feedback
Brian Hoffman

Oh hell yes I'd love to beta it for you Brian. :D I have the feeling from the popularity of the original HyperAttract that it's an app that quite a few people would be interested in :)