Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First pinball, Xenon, parts list?  (Read 3774 times)

ifkz

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2020, 09:55:44 pm
First pinball, Xenon, parts list?
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:29:30 pm »
Okay, this is my first post to these pin forums about my first ever pinball: Bally Xenon.

She started with a favor: a friend of mine needed storage space badly. I offered a space in my garage and I picked Xenon out from his collection. I liked her from the start and it became the first pin I ever really played. A year later my friend needed money for his pin fund and told me he was going to sell the Xenon. I couldn't have that and I made a fair offer for it (right around what Mr. Pinball's guide says) and soon made space for her in my living room. We've had a good relationship for a bit now and I guess you can say we've been hitched  ;D I still think it was all part of some master plan on his part, getting me addicted to pins  8)

She's had a rubber kit and a playfield waxing. The tube is new and it has the LED tube upgrade kit.

I need help getting a parts list together for my first order. Bob Roberts is the source for a lot of vid parts, but I am at a loss for pins.  So far, I like this page:  http://www.pbresource.com/your1st.html

Parts list so far:
(1x) pack of red bulbs
set of two replacement plunger springs
(4x) new pinballs
pack of replacement fuses
Couple of holders for # 47 bulbs
Some Novus
couple of male connector pins after a 115V to 120V conversion
A "memory capacitor" to replace the battery
Nothing is like stepping back, looking at your games, and thinking 'wow, I've done this, and I have these!'

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: First pinball, Xenon, parts list?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 12:34:56 pm »

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: First pinball, Xenon, parts list?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »
You should also get new 3" tall leg levelers.