Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help with CPWizard  (Read 2041 times)

loppydog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2012, 02:51:39 pm
help with CPWizard
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:26:17 pm »
Hello guys, I have been trying to get CPWizard running on my Cab for some time now, I am am hoping to get a little help.  Here is what I got.....I have a 7" LCD that I want to display the CP on.  I need it to show up when I launch a game then close when I exit.  I do not need to detect the emulator exe or the game name, since my command line will have those variables.  I have it working this was with MAME by using Hyperlaunch and CPWizard command line.  Now I am trying to setup a basic emulator.  I think I understand the principal, but my problem is when I run the command line to CPWizard, it loads the last layout that I was looking at in CPWizard, NOT the layout that is linked to the Emulator.  Just for reference, I am using the default "nintendo 64" setup that comes CPWizard.  I am using this command line

CPWizard.exe -emu "Project 64" -game "Mario Kart 64" -timeout 5000

If the last layout I opened in CPWizard was the N64 layout, it works fine.  But if I had opened mame layout, then for some reason it attempts to load that one.  I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out.  Also, I tried to setup the layout override for N64, but it was the same issue.....only loads the last layout!

anyway, thanks for any suggestions!

loppydog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2012, 02:51:39 pm
Re: help with CPWizard
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:40:53 pm »
I noticed another issue while messing with this program.  If CPWizard it in the tray, and i send a command to show a control panel, there is only always one instance of CPWizard running.  but if you open up the task manager and look at the running processes, it will show CPWizard.exe processes for every time you sent a comand.  For example, CPWizard loads at startup.  Then I send a command:

CPWizard.exe -emu mame -game 1942 -show

then I go ahead and run 5 more commands similar to above, but just different games.  It will show the CP's correctly and there appears to only be one instance of CPWizard running, but task manager show CPWizard.exe running 6 different instances under the processes tab.

Is this normal??  I would think that this would fill the physical memory very quickly!

maybe if Headkaze is lurking he could give me a couple pointers.  Thanks again guys!