Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JPAC Boot Issues  (Read 1279 times)

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
JPAC Boot Issues
« on: October 25, 2008, 12:00:36 pm »
I just upgraded to Windows XP x64 and I've a problem I've seen addressed here but I can't seem to find the thread for (my search-fu is weak).

Every time I power down,  when I power back up,  I loose my controls via the JPAC requiring me to unplug,  then re-plug the JPACs USB connection to the motherboard,  at which time you can hear Windows recognize the USB device and move on.  How does one rectify this issue?

I've tried different ports,  though I didn't move the other 3 USB devices.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: JPAC Boot Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:24:41 pm »
Trying different USB ports may have caused the problem in the first place. I don't know what the other posts about this problem say, but I would open Device Manager (right click My Computer->Properties->Hardware) and when you plug the device in find the driver that it installs and right-click and Uninstall. Do that for each USB port you've plugged it into already (You may be able to remove them without plugging it into the different ports by selecting View->Show hidden devices), but in general the device must be plugged in for you to be able to view the driver and remove it. It will probably appear under HID devices, keyboards or something like that.

Sometimes what seems to happen in XP is that changing USB ports can cause issues with some devices. Plugging a device into a different USB port will install the drivers again. IMHO I think this is some sort of bug in XP.

Again like I said there could be some other solution I'm not aware of though.

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: JPAC Boot Issues
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:50:58 pm »
I think it's hardware-dependent, or at least how certain hardware interacts with XP, as on a later-model computer of mine, only one usb port will recognize this old external drive I have.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.