Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Two done.. no more to build ;)  (Read 2204 times)

brontosyamaha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2010, 10:48:22 pm
    • Brontos YAMAHA Vintage Group
Two done.. no more to build ;)
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:43:54 pm »
Been looking at this site for a little while now.  I have built from scratch 2 units with the help of this forum (not asking questions but reading...).  Was alot of fun, and the whole idea isn't as weird as ppl think:

First built was: MAME unit.  Small compact, sub arcade size, but full bigger (slightly) than those units (Arcade Legends, etc)  and can run what I want.  MDF, and laminate- nice easy finish- no messy paint.  No time for that.  Cost: Less than $400 to build.  PC is my old Gateway (yep I worked for them a while back) PIII baby.  Useless POS.  Works for MAME only.  I should take time and make a FE and stuff, but it's not fast enough...

Second was the Pac Man (Jackks unit hacked).  I didn't want a mini cab, per say , but made a 18" unit (same as cabaret) with to use stock parts.  Cost: Maybe $250-
I wanted to use the bottom half for storage and it seems to work well.  Lots of room.  Nice and clean.  No T molding for this one, as I stained a nice Cherry semi gloss.  This cabinet was a hack of the old template that I used from the original.  Again, nothing special, just a nice clean unit.  Still have some minor graphics to slap on the bezel and call it done.

So that's it.  Enjoy.
BTW Knievel is the man.  I can't take that much time to build.... maybe 2 days the most.  hehehe.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:31:28 pm
Re: Two done.. no more to build ;)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:50:37 pm »
Very nice!  I am always amazed that people can finish entire projects without asking any questions.  Also, 2 days to build one of these things?!?!?  I am lucky to get one done per year... ;D

brontosyamaha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2010, 10:48:22 pm
    • Brontos YAMAHA Vintage Group
Re: Two done.. no more to build ;)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:11 pm »
Also, 2 days to build one of these things?!?!?  I am lucky to get one done per year...

Yep, use to make skate ramps as a teen to fly off with the roller blades... Weee. 6 ft jumps. I haven't done that in years- hurts the back when you get older (compress)...  I would've posted pics of the process, but it's done in rather quick time I didn't bother to snap pics.  I didn't have the Toshiba TV in yet, so one pic is sans tv.  That was a steal at 80 bucks- new.  Flat screen CRT.  Hard to come by.  I'm going to hook up maybe an extra PS2 and run it there.  Not sure yet... Time crisis 2/3... maybe.