Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GAME ROOM PICS  (Read 128252 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: GAME ROOM PICS
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2008, 10:51:45 pm »
Seeing all these ping pong tables makes me want to organize a BYOAC ping pong tournament. I love ping pong, I just wish the damn table didn't take up so much real estate. I will probably have to ditch mine once the gameroom is completed - which is set back another year.

But see you can fold those up. Pool tables - well, full-size ones, - on the other hand take up more and you can't. Anyways, I love Ping Pong, too. Have seen people give them (as well as air hockey and foosball, AH) and I just don't have the room.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Flake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2008, 09:24:55 am »
Heres what I have going on at the moment......not too much in the way of gaming, just a mame cabinet and darts......but I love my bar.  Plan is to add a jukebox and another Mame cabinet dediated to driving games.  Also a Megatouch at some point as well.

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 11:14:26 pm
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2008, 02:12:24 pm »
Heres what I have going on at the moment......not too much in the way of gaming, just a mame cabinet and darts......but I love my bar.  Plan is to add a jukebox and another Mame cabinet dediated to driving games.  Also a Megatouch at some point as well.

Minty!  That bar is awesome.  Your house would be great for the sunday football games.  Or even Fantasy draft night.

Great set up.  I can only dream of someday having something half as nice.

For now I have my garage converted but it is still a mess because I had to move out my office to make into a bedroom for the new arival coming.

Brent
www.extendedplayarcade.com

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2008, 02:35:42 pm »

Minty!  That bar is awesome.  Your house would be great for the sunday football games.  Or even Fantasy draft night.

For now I have my garage converted but it is still a mess because I had to move out my office to make into a bedroom for the new arival coming.

Brent

Thanks Brent!  I appreciate the compilments.  I actually use it regularly for Sunday football games and it was designed in such a way to get the max enjoyment out of this.  I actually live just east of STL and during Ram away games (my family and friends are all Ram fans unfortunately - personnally the only good thing about the Rams is that I get to see the Niners play live at least once a year), I usually have several people watching games all day long, drinking, eating, you know the drill.  I also subscribe to NFL Sunday ticket so I can have any two games on at once with both TV's in the viewing area.  Works out well.  I am looking forward to the seasons start here shortly.

The only thing that never got incorporated into the finished product was a undermount kegerator that would have protruded the tapper up through the countertops.  But unfortunately those are VERY expensive.  I have the electric run in case I decide to go this route in the future. 

Now I need to get started on that Jukebox. 

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2008, 10:10:16 pm »
Not only does flake have a nice bar but he also gets to eat Imo's & Lions Choice while drinking the freshest Budweiser.

Anyone within an hour of STL knows where to grub at.

"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2008, 11:40:33 pm »
Not only does flake have a nice bar but he also gets to eat Imo's & Lions Choice while drinking the freshest Budweiser.

Anyone within an hour of STL knows where to grub at.

Hmmmmmm...................Imo's and Lion's Choice...........Aaaarrrrrggghhhh......

Clearly you know the STL area well.......

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2008, 12:01:58 am »
LOL, you said arghr! ;D

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2008, 07:11:25 am »
Bent,

Is that a heater or AC above the PINGPONG PARKWAY sign?  If heat,  gas or electric?  How do you like it?  Any idea where I can pick one up?

That is a in-direct heater/AC. It's ductless. Its a mitsubshi. Unit itself goes for $2200.

padstack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 12:54:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2008, 10:49:04 am »
Bent,

Is that a heater or AC above the PINGPONG PARKWAY sign?  If heat,  gas or electric?  How do you like it?  Any idea where I can pick one up?

That is a in-direct heater/AC. It's ductless. Its a mitsubshi. Unit itself goes for $2200.

Where did you pick that up at?  Does it work well?  Burn a lot of eletricity?

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2008, 12:32:50 pm »
BTW - I forgot to compliment you Pinball on your setup - very nice.  I like the "clean" look of your setup.  Are your married?  If so did your wife allow your free reign on setting up the basement like that or is her style incorporated into the look as well?

Luckily for me, my wife was hands off on the bar design but she did have some input on the colors.  And the Niner pictures/neons on the wall are all me as well (wife hates football - poor girl).  As you can probably tell not much other decorating has been done.

Overall, some very nice setups posted here.  Makes me hungry for more gaming toys.  Ah, if only we had unlimited funds for this kind of thing........

extendedplayarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 11:14:26 pm
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2008, 03:02:08 pm »

Brent

Thanks Brent!  I appreciate the compilments.  I actually use it regularly for Sunday football games and it was designed in such a way to get the max enjoyment out of this.  I actually live just east of STL and during Ram away games (my family and friends are all Ram fans unfortunately - personnally the only good thing about the Rams is that I get to see the Niners play live at least once a year), I usually have several people watching games all day long, drinking, eating, you know the drill.  I also subscribe to NFL Sunday ticket so I can have any two games on at once with both TV's in the viewing area.  Works out well.  I am looking forward to the seasons start here shortly.

The only thing that never got incorporated into the finished product was a undermount kegerator that would have protruded the tapper up through the countertops.  But unfortunately those are VERY expensive.  I have the electric run in case I decide to go this route in the future. 

Now I need to get started on that Jukebox. 

Yeah a Kegerator would be serious trouble.  If I ordered one of those It would have to come with a free liver transplant.  :cheers:

Yeah that must be tuff living in St. Louis with all those Rams fans.  Neither one of those Teams effect me seeing I am a Giants Fan </insert boos here>  I think both of those teams are going to have much better years than they did last year.

With or with out the kegerator your room looks awesome.  You going with one of those MP3 playing jukeboxes?

They are very cool and wall mountable too.  I was thinking of doing a bar top arcade system that has a jukebox as well as games.  But I don't have a bar top to put it on.   Only a mini fridge where my Slot machine sits right now.  I might swap it out and put that in it's place.  But yet again that cost money and I think money is tight for everyone this august or at least in my neck of the woods.

Brent

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2008, 04:17:42 pm »
Thanks Flake, I enjoy the room a lot too & will be installing a urinal in the bathroom this fall to make it even better (builder left me a spot for one).

Legal marital status is "single" but my Girlfriend of 9 years with POA rights that I live with doesn't like me visiting those special places in the East side.......So I just lie to her, if that isn't "married" I don't know what is.

Anyway the style is mine, she gets no say in the basement & believe me she gets so mad about this fact that she rarely goes down....the steps.  ;D

The pool table replaces the pong & my tomcat pinball was replaced with a video poker machine since those pics were taken. I may add more toys but really like the vibe of the room as it is now, only time will tell.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2008, 07:06:50 pm »
What is this POA thing? Nothing I found looked right.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

wbassett

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2023, 04:34:49 am
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2008, 07:11:53 pm »
Piece of...

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2008, 10:46:20 pm »
Well Brent to answer your question regarding the Jukebox - I'm not sure at the moment.  To be honest I dont see a wall mountable Juke could possibly be big enough to house adequate speakers (I'm referring to the Mameroom design) unless you only mount the interface/touchscreen on the wall and have your computer behind the wall and running wire to other speakers placed throughout the room.  I think in my case I dont really have the option to just wall mount the interface because my basement is finished in such a way it would be a pain in the ass and I would have to fish speaker wire lines through insulated walls.  The funny thing is I actually have speaker wire running throughout the basement in various spots in case I wanted to add more speakers later on but they all come back to the TV area so I dont think it would really work.

So....I think a stand alone is the way to go for me.  Besides, only on rare occasions would I be able to crank it high enough to enjoy a more premium set of speakers anyway.  I tried the best I could under our budget to sound proof the basement but in the end I think all I ended up with was insulated walls/ceiling that dont do a whole lot.  But who knows, maybe its doing more than I think - its not like I can compare it though.

Pinball - you have been able to hold off marriage for 9 years?  Man thats awesome, you must have something she really cant find elsewhere.  And I'm not talking about your basement!!!  Congrats on your basement AND living GF status. 

protokatie

• I DO try to be insulting and horrible to my fellow Terran
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
  • Is anyone here a member of team retard?
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2008, 01:06:00 am »
not too much in the way of gaming, just a mame cabinet and darts......but I love my bar.

You have plenty of things to play games with, there is also a Rocking Horse, and one of the spinny things that you sit on! (And don't try to tell me they are for your kids! We all know you and your buddies play with them ;) )

Wish I owned my own place, would definetly have something resenbling a real gameroom...
--- Yes I AM doing this on purpose, and yes I DO realize it is pissing you off.

---If my computers were cats, my place would look like an old widows house, with half of the cats having obvious health problems

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2008, 10:41:33 pm »
Dont forget the ball pit - me and my friends play in that too.....

Hehe

TheRed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 17, 2010, 12:40:19 pm
  • Always help people.
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2008, 02:53:39 pm »
game room vid....

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:26:13 pm by TheRed »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2008, 07:40:40 pm »
Bent,

Where did you pick that up at?  Does it work well?  Burn a lot of eletricity?

It works great. I dont really use it much in summer because basement stays cool. Winter time when its cold I use it most. Heats up 1300 sq ft really quick. Doesnt draw alot of power. Highly recommend it. Get the mitsu they pioneered this technology.

http://www.mrslim.com/Products/itemDetail.asp?ProductSubCategoryID=140&ProductCategoryID=24&ProductID=1492

Thats the one I have.

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2008, 07:43:30 pm »
Ummon,
POA = Power of Attorney

Flake,
Heh, my girl is very cool indeed.....or is it me thats so cool I can pull it off? The world may never know  8)

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2008, 11:29:45 pm »
Ummon,
POA = Power of Attorney

Ah, right, that's what I was thinking but couldn't name it.

Flake,
Heh, my girl is very cool indeed.....or is it me thats so cool I can pull it off? The world may never know  8)

Hmmmmmmm.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2008, 11:50:48 am »

[/quote]Heh, my girl is very cool indeed.....or is it me thats so cool I can pull it off? The world may never know  8)[/quote]

I think its best we each come to our own conclusions on that! 

Is there a thread like this for people to show off their jukeboxes?  I found one in the jukebox forum but it was pretty lame, not many posts.  I would love to get ideas for my jukebox cabinet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 11:52:56 am by Flake »

padstack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 12:54:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2008, 12:16:53 pm »

Heh, my girl is very cool indeed.....or is it me thats so cool I can pull it off? The world may never know  8)[/quote]

I think its best we each come to our own conclusions on that! 

Is there a thread like this for people to show off their jukeboxes?  I found one in the jukebox forum but it was pretty lame, not many posts.  I would love to get ideas for my jukebox cabinet.
[/quote]

I think the "show us your jukes" thread is as good as you're gonna get.  Some pretty nice ones in there though!

drawfull

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2012, 09:30:14 am
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2008, 12:56:54 pm »
Very much a WIP and very dusty, will be a good motivator for me to finally finish up in the garage gameroom  :banghead:

1. Track and Field (and the lighting / electricity supplies to my house). I have plans to box this area out with lifesize 'signs' of various gaming characters.
2. Arkanoid
3. R-Type
4. Tapper
5. Need a bigger TV. And more shelving for Xbox, 360, PS3 and Wii. Dreamcast and PS2 currently there. Oh and Sky+
6. Foosball
7. Floor (pacman, turned out  :censored:)
8. On its way...

Whole room to be boarded out and funky lighting added. Something like this image
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 01:36:30 am by drawfull »

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2008, 09:25:17 pm »
I can't figure out how to shorten links sorry ???

Look up ubb code.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

drawfull

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:54 am »
ta Ummon

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2008, 10:14:21 pm »
sho
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:43 pm »
Dual Daytona's?

Awesome, I am very jealous  :applaud:

I have been throwing around the idea of a driving mame &/or dedicated racers but its going to be a while  :hissy:

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2008, 11:20:50 pm »
You know I see a lot of people on these boards complain about the weakness of Mame and driving games.  I thought a driving cabinet would be a great idea but now I'm not so sure.  I recently purchased a Logitech Driving Force Pro PC Wheel and I love it.  Fits right on my panel without much fuss.

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2008, 11:27:17 pm »
My wife just called me a alcoholic, video game nerd.  That makes me feel great.  I think I love her but I'll........I dont know

drawfull

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2008, 02:20:09 am »
Dual Daytona's?

Awesome, I am very jealous  :applaud:

I have been throwing around the idea of a driving mame &/or dedicated racers but its going to be a while  :hissy:

On its way is a little dependent on shipping. Will know in a couple of hours hopefully :)

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2008, 02:33:15 am »
Flake, you implied some uncertainty towards mame driving games but then made a positive comment afterward.

So what is your official take/thought on a MAME driven sit down racer (ahem, system 22 & etc of course too)?

I personally am beginning to lean towards dedicated. After factoring in the display, wheel, a PC running @ over 4+ghz & restoration/modification of the cabinet its looking like a $2k investment & 60+ hours of labor.

For that price plus a few hundred more I can go to super auctions for a dedicated Cruisin USA, Daytona & Off Road Thunder.

I know, why buy 3 dedicated when you can have em all......I mean most of em........?

& you are a drunk nerd too btw  ;D

CrazyKongFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2017, 01:22:29 pm
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2008, 05:50:24 am »
My wife just called me a alcoholic, video game nerd.  That makes me feel great.  I think I love her but I'll........I dont know

(an old joke modified to fit this situation)
My wife says if I don't stop playing video games, she'll leave me...
I sure will miss her!  ;D :laugh2:

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2008, 09:23:17 am »
Flake, you implied some uncertainty towards mame driving games but then made a positive comment afterward.

So what is your official take/thought on a MAME driven sit down racer (ahem, system 22 & etc of course too)?

I personally am beginning to lean towards dedicated. After factoring in the display, wheel, a PC running @ over 4+ghz & restoration/modification of the cabinet its looking like a $2k investment & 60+ hours of labor.

For that price plus a few hundred more I can go to super auctions for a dedicated Cruisin USA, Daytona & Off Road Thunder.

I know, why buy 3 dedicated when you can have em all......I mean most of em........?

& you are a drunk nerd too btw  ;D

My position is this - I like the wheel itself as a cheap solution to play certain Mame racing games.  I have found it works well for Spyhunter, Cruisin World (although Cruisin doesnt play 100% - but it is playable) and Outrun.  I'm not sure about other games yet (havent tried any).  I guess what I'm saying is there seems to be alot of people that dont consider a dedicated driving cab worth the time and money because driving games have such specific controls and some games (like Cruisin) require a really high powered PC to play them.  So in the end, a cheap ($45) PC wheel seems to be a nice alternative because you can get the experience of playing some of those games without a lot invested in it.    :cheers:

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2008, 09:54:03 am »
A Mame driving cab can be fun, as long as you don't expect it to do everything. I apply the same concept to regular MAME cabs too. Stick to games that work well on a limited setup. If you have an up/down shifter, a gas pedal, and a 360 wheel, there are a few games you will be able to play well. You may only have 5-10 games, but hey, thats 4-9 more than you would have had with a dedicated machine.  ;)

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2008, 10:00:39 am »

From the projects I've looked at a modded Xbox driving cab is the best way to go for that.  Lots of excellent games and all the fun of a streaming media station in your cab.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2008, 12:10:43 pm »
I'd go with a PS3, personally, if for no other reason than compatibility with the Logitech G25 wheel.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

pinballwizard79

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2008, 12:54:43 am »
Flake & Shardian: You just further solidified my exact thoughts, it looks like a few dedicated drivers will be the best approach for my tastes.

Chad/Shmokes: I have the force feedback wheel for my 360 & play it all the time, I also had a Ps3 until I grew tired of only playing F1 without rumble/wheel options. Anyway, the driver arcade is just to fill a missing element in my game room in between galaga & Forza but you guys are right, next gen racing is nice!

Thanks for the input guys,

Chazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2020, 01:14:53 pm
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 12:53:16 pm »
Hey gang,
Here's some pics of my game room

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 01:18:43 pm »
Very sweet gameroom, what is the make of your jukebox & countertop game on the bar
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.