Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GAME ROOM PICS  (Read 128177 times)

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
Re: GAME ROOM PICS
« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2011, 01:26:34 am »
maybe a stupid question, but what effect will a fogger have on carpet?

None, unless there is a liquid dripping from the output nozzle(un-vaporized fog fluid which low quality machines may spit out), which may feel slightly sticky, but shouldn't hurt anything.
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2024, 01:32:21 am
« Reply #401 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »
If I leave mine on for a long period, without fogging, it will leak straight fluid, it must build up somewhere.  If you set it to 'auto' it never happens. 
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

eds1275

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 10:50:02 am
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »
If you are more interested in seeing lasers than smokng the place out, a hazer is a better bet. That's what they use at rock shows that give the bands that "surreal" look, as well as let you see the light shoot through the air. It's basically a mist that hangs in the air for much longer than fog does and catches the light.

mhermann

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2019, 07:10:08 pm
  • We ain't found.........
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:33 am »
Wow! some amazing suff out there. I wish some of you guys lived in my neighborhood. I will get some pics up once I get my seconf machine done.

Mac Green

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2017, 12:03:59 am
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2011, 11:13:06 am »
Here's the current state of my gameroom:

Pigout? im really jealous

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2011, 04:58:45 pm »
Yep! Only time I've had a game shipped. But that reminds me... updated video with new games (Off Road, Prop Cycle, Skeeball, plus I switched Road Blasters to Indy Jones and Super Mario Bros to Excitebike) and altered layout...

My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2011, 05:19:12 am »
(well almost, I just sold the Gaplus the other day):
[img width=640 height=480]

-tear- I know it's just a MsPac cab, but with that artwork, it's way cool looking.
-Banned-

jrivelli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 05:49:28 pm
  • When you want success as bad as you want to breath
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »
Here is the start of my gameroom. Got a few pins. Got the wife some funds from selling a few couches and gave her free reign to "decorate" as she pleases, which got her fully on board with this plan!

Current games:
- Data East Star Wars Pinball
- High Speed Pinball
- Pool Sharks Pinball
- Big Guns Pinball
- Fire! Pinball
- Simpsons 4 Player Arcade
- Mortal Kombat I

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:35:02 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #408 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:24 am »
Bumping this up with new gameroom pics:

:cheers:

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #409 on: July 06, 2012, 03:27:54 am »
Looking good buddy! Your collection has somewhat grown!  :cheers:

I don't have a game room as such but this is my corner of the living room   :afro:

We've just in the process of buying the house (we were renting) so I'm looking forward to getting some artwork up I've been collecting  :)

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #410 on: July 06, 2012, 09:30:27 am »
Yeah, my collection is growing...  much to the wife's despair... lol. 

Is that an Initial D I see?  Nice!  I wish I could get my hands on at least one more candy cab.  I'd love to have a dedicated vertical machine.   :cheers:

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #411 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11:22 am »
Yeah it's an Initial D, It's been consolised to play 360 though so I mainly use it for that.

Having a dedicated vert cab (or two  ;D ) is handy. There was always a game I wanted to play in the other orientation and they can be a bit of a pain to rotate so I bought a second.

Then I found that there was always something I wanted to play in another resolution (15/31k) as well as the other orientation so I bought another tri-sync to cover all bases. I kept the NAC as the PFX in my Naomi doesn't like Taito F3 games.

Player 3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2014, 08:21:49 pm
  • The Alternative Idiot
« Reply #412 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:01 pm »

What is it with some of you guys and Japan-style cabs? They look a little hard to assemble, being what looks like plastic and all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 01:59:03 pm by Player 3 »

drventure

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #413 on: July 06, 2012, 02:26:40 pm »
Yeah, they aren't my favorite style of cab either, but then, I grew up with arcades full of the traditional, refrigerator box style black cabs from the early 80's so that's what says "arcade" to me. The viewlix (I think that's what that style is called), not as much.

Still, there's some fantastic collections of cabs here!

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #414 on: July 06, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »
What is it with some of you guys and Japan-style cabs? They look a little hard to assemble, being what looks like plastic and all.
Actually, they are very easy to assemble/disassemble. In fact, they're more cleverly built than woodie cabinets.
Here's a picture of my New Astro City, disassembled for cleaning:

See how it splits down the middle? I just takes some unscrewing and they split apart easily.
Try disassembling a woodie, it's near impossible.

These sit down cabinets are an absolute pleasure to play on, I'm talking about the most comfortable prolonged gaming experience. Personally, as I get older, my back and legs tend to ache after hours of play on my woodie stand-ups.  You could say, why not just by stools?  Well, then I'd have extra chairs that would only be used for these cabinets, when I could just use a regular chair.  These candy's give you the ability to prolong your gaming without the wear and tear on your body from standing around for hours. They're also really easy to switch boards in and out, again, attributed to the clever manufacturing and ease-of-access to each panel. Plus they look slick, like a spaceship!

For me, I grew up with woodie cabinets primarily, candy cabinets didn't start showing up around here till the 90's. But being on the west-coast we were privy to a lot of Asian imports, so they popped up everywhere. The first time I played on one, I knew right away that I loved them.
I'm actually planning on getting a second candy cabinet, they're just so awesome to play on. Especially when you want to seriously concentrate on a game.

MonMotha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2018, 05:45:54 pm
« Reply #415 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »
Real candies are mostly metal, not plastic.  The only plastic is basically just various trim pieces around the monitor and control panel and usually the marquee holder.

Most candies are pretty easy to work in.  Some split down the middle as shown above, while others just have access panels and doors...everywhere.  Most have monitors that are readily rotated and remounted without any real work aside from manhandling the monitor (kinda unavoidable unless you do some sort of auto-rotate system which is really only ever seen on home-use stuff, though I'm sure somebody will prove me wrong on that one).

They're also surprisingly lightweight.  Metal is heavy, but you don't need very much (it's something like 1/16" sheet steel) to make the cabinet quite strong owing to the structure formed by the enclosing the cabinet.  Getting the same level of structure with wood takes quite a bit more material (3/4" ply or particle board was pretty standard on American stand-up cabs from around the same era i.e. late 80s and on, though MDF seems to have become popular recently).

I have a couple Neo 29s and I love 'em.  Many people prefer the newer styles, but I like the somewhat more boxy (yet beveled off) look and the glass over the monitor face to save it from scratches when it was on public duty.  The front glass is usually just a bit tinted to help with the black levels, too, which is nice (I'm a video quality stickler).

Mind you, I like my good ol' Midway MK2 cab plenty, too.  The standups seem better for a lot of classic American games: sports games, action fighters, etc. as they seem to heighten the experience of action and emphasize the social aspect by encouraging frequent rotation of players and bumping into each other.  Candies are great for traditionally Japanese games requiring precision and control or with slower, more methodical like many shooters, tech fighters, some puzzle games, etc. since your body is more relaxed.  Kinda reflects the corresponding culture to some degree, but then maybe I'm overanalyzing things...

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • -Banned-
« Reply #416 on: July 09, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »
Damn, H, you filled the room. Where's the pool table?

Real candies are mostly metal, not plastic.  The only plastic is basically just various trim pieces around the monitor and control panel and usually the marquee holder.

I disagree. It seems, as would be expected, that through the 80s candies were metal. Into, and definitely by the mid-90s, they were almost all ABS/fiberglass/etc.  Astro Citys are black on the inside and the material is more resilient to impact. Others, like an Impress are solid white plastic, very hard, cracks if whacked.

I'm with opt2not. I love candys. I love 80s cabs, too, but I enjoy a good sit-down experience, which is why I MAME'd mine. Pics coming soon....er, ish.
-Banned-

amendonz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2017, 04:33:57 pm
« Reply #417 on: July 09, 2012, 09:39:32 pm »
+1 for candy cabs, sitting down is great, big screens, easy to move around

MonMotha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2018, 05:45:54 pm
« Reply #418 on: July 09, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »

I disagree. It seems, as would be expected, that through the 80s candies were metal. Into, and definitely by the mid-90s, they were almost all ABS/fiberglass/etc.  Astro Citys are black on the inside and the material is more resilient to impact. Others, like an Impress are solid white plastic, very hard, cracks if whacked.

Interesting.  I've really only worked with them through about the mid-late 90s.  Most of the ones I've worked in have been SNK Neo/Super Neo.  I wonder if they were just hold-outs on the whole "plastic everywhere" thing.  Definitely plenty of metal on them.  The whole "box" that makes up the main part of the cabinet is metal.  Only plastic is for the control panel frame (the panel itself is metal), monitor trim, and the marquee holder.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #419 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:13 pm »
Damn, H, you filled the room. Where's the pool table?

Directly behind me as I was taking the picture.   :cheers:

amendonz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2017, 04:33:57 pm
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »
Plastic Fantastics  :burgerking:

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #421 on: August 03, 2012, 07:02:36 pm »
Put more cool ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- in this thread please, not sure why but I like looking at game rooms.

More pics!  ;D

Thanks.
"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Nephasth

« Reply #422 on: October 13, 2012, 08:03:46 pm »
Crappy "panoramic" pics, but it's the only way to capture the how the game room is laid out with a couple of pics.

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2024, 01:32:21 am
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:35 am »
I did a little vid, shows off the bar.  The games had to move into the next room because I needed the space for another bar rail and dance floor.  Never underestimate the space needed.

The wife doesn't object any more because she can have her friends over for a drunk fest too, so it worked out for everyone.
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:37:41 pm
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2012, 07:48:40 am »
Awesome vid.  Makes me want to get my place back in game shape.  It has fizzled out since everyone has had kids/gotten pissed at each other/started dating people I don't want here.   :lol

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:20 am »
Awesome vid Zakk. Love the stools at the bar.

DLinkOZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2017, 08:12:46 am
    • The DaveCade
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2012, 09:42:11 am »
I've only just recently begun converting my game room from a little kid play area and into an older kid/adult game room.  I've been keeping a project in-the-works at all times over the past few months, so I can quickly ramp it up.  Not pictured is the Grayhound crane I'm restoring downstairs, once finished it'll be moved up to the room.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2012, 09:43:28 am »
Skee ball, jealous!

DLinkOZ

• Offline Offline
    • The DaveCade
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2012, 09:55:25 am »
Those were a matter of perfect timing.  They're roughly 3/4 size, about 9 feet long.  We bought one on CL for $100, then my wife insisted that we get a second (gotta love her!).  One week later we found another on CL for $100, done deal.  Haven't seen one since, so like I said it was perfect timing.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2012, 10:10:36 am »
Those were a matter of perfect timing.  They're roughly 3/4 size, about 9 feet long.  We bought one on CL for $100, then my wife insisted that we get a second (gotta love her!).  One week later we found another on CL for $100, done deal.  Haven't seen one since, so like I said it was perfect timing.

Even more jealous of the price!  There are some on CL here, but the guy wants $1000 a piece.   :banghead:

phunamy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2012, 02:58:08 pm
  • post a gameroom pic on mypoolhall.com
    • My Pool Hall
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2012, 02:56:06 pm »
I kind of stumbled upon this thread, I like the rooms, too bad I don't have the funds to make one of my own.
mypoolhall.com  post a pic of your billiards hall or game room!

Rando

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2016, 07:49:31 pm
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:47 am »
Playing with the new Panorama feature of my iphone.  Bit distorted but takes a nice picture. 

In picture from right to left: MAME arcade, Spy Hunter pinball, Wine fridge, Dart board, Air Hockey, and Poker table currently hosting electronic vibrating football.  Future hopes are to add a second MAME machine (one Verticle one Horizontal) and at least one more Pinball.  Oh, and a mirror ball.  Gotta have a disco mirror ball.

Rando - My build thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=107741.msg1142843#msg1142843 (work slowed but still progressing!

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • -Banned-
« Reply #432 on: January 22, 2013, 02:41:49 pm »
Poker table currently hosting electronic vibrating football. 

I remember that football game when I was a kid. Was kinda funny for a little while, but the players would fall over sometimes.
-Banned-

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2013, 08:54:29 pm »
Latest gameroom pics.

I moved my work shop area behind my bar to open up the gameroom a bit more. There are a few things not pictured (there is a row of games in front of the bar and a Touchmaster that gets set up on the bar itself.

Of course my Pole Position being a Pole Position has gone from working to booting to garbage just from being moved across the room (fixed it later that afternoon).
I actually have a few more machines than I really want, as the row in front of the bar is cramped.

Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

DLinkOZ

• Offline Offline
    • The DaveCade
« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2013, 01:11:57 am »
A quick update to my previous pic - Early January I got my second crane up and running and moved to the game room along with a sticker/candy machine combo from a local auction.  Just in time for a big bday party for my older son with all the nieces and nephews who love to come play at our house.  Today I got my new Sega Turbo up there.

Funny story about the Turbo, we cracked it in half to make moving easier last night.  Back half went without issue.  Front half was minus the monitor, as I had it out for a recap today. We were midway up the stairs, when the 30+ year old 1x1 wood strip that holds the screw with in turn secures the board with the power supplies, transformer and amps gave out.  The entire unit fell out, reaching the end of slack on cable after cable, ripping them either in half or tearing out the molex pins or solder joints.  Luckily a little quality time with the soldering iron, plus way too many swear words and it's back up and running.  And the cap kit did wonders for the wavy image.

Another auction this weekend, so I hope to add more.  What you can't make out in the picture is the display case we picked up from a local retailer who no longer needed it.  You can only see it's black side.  It holds the spillover of my wife's Hello Kitty collection.  In the right half of the image you can see the shelves I put in the nooks on either side of the entrance to her office, which quickly filled up.  Now this 6 foot display case is getting a bit full, as well.

http://arcade.oesm.org

Goatslayer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2014, 01:30:09 pm
  • Keeping classics alive since 2007!
« Reply #435 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:30 am »
Video game room...

Arcade...

BC_Jeffro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2020, 04:55:23 pm
  • you can never leave the game!
« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2013, 11:50:01 pm »
my small game room
and a little in my living room and my kitchen

glstar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 04:32:33 pm
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2013, 04:18:43 am »
Even if it will be forever in "work in progress"....this is the new style of my room:

Not pictured i have:
-Sega Rally twin
-Super Sprint
-Tales From The Crypt Pinball
-New Net City