Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I joined the "Scooter Club"  (Read 7624 times)

Cakemeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: I joined the "Scooter Club"
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2010, 11:18:11 am »
I went over 5000 miles on the scooter yesterday. I'm right at two years on the bike.

Last Christmas I got a windshield for the bike. It makes things a lot more comfortable in the wintertime. Last winter I didn't notice much difference in top end speed and acceleration like I did the winter before, which tells me they just put in too much oil last time.

When I took the bike in for its 4000 mile maintenance I had to replace one of the tires. I guess the dealership wasn't shafting me enough with just the hundred bucks for the maintenance. :)

I haven't checked mileage with the addition of the windshield. Supposedly it adds a little bit.
Old, but not obsolete.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2010, 02:56:49 pm »
Very cool. Glad it's working out.

I'm all for cheaper transport. A scooter is out of the question for me due to the distances I travel. Work is over 100 miles away. I don't fancy that on a scooter (both ways every day.)

I drive a diesel  '06 Merc A-Class that I 'soft peddle' to an average of 65mpg, but it's painful. Oh boy is it painful.

EDITED to add: That's British Gallons, not US gallons. 1 British Imperial gallon = 1.201 US Gallon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:59:13 pm by Silas (son of Silas) »
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2024, 12:05:34 pm
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:26 am »
That's awesome that you chose the more wallet and environmental option. I have a dodge dakota and a kio rio - I ride my bicycle to work every day [about 8km] and back. The truck is for hauling stuff and camping with kayaks, and the rio zips me around to the north end of town when I need to.

About bike riding and losing weight! I have a story to tell fo sho. I was 220lbs at one point - at 5'7, that makes me a little tub of blubber. I sold my car, and stopped snacking when I was bored [really, it's a common thing to do]. I started riding my bike to work and back which at the time was about 3-4km after a 40 minute bus ride, which was good for 10 months of the year [vancouver rain]. In a single year I dropped 60 lbs. I'm now 165. Now obviously you aren't gonna ditch your scooter, but early on you did say chunking down was on your list of things to do - how did that work out? Or is it right after your next arcade project?