Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Klipsch Speaker Deal  (Read 1091 times)

DrumAnBass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 11:39:59 pm
  • "I love this computer magic!" - Viv Savage
Klipsch Speaker Deal
« on: May 13, 2008, 03:12:51 pm »
Passing this along:

http://klipsch.com knocks 25% off select purchases when you pay via a MasterCard and enter coupon code ... you guessed it, "MasterCard".

They have refurb ProMedia 2.1 speakers for $89.99 before the discount; $67.49 after. Killer deal if the coupon works on the refurb speakers although I haven't tried it.

Avoid the GMX 2.1 speakers though, as I have mentioned before - I have a set on my computer at work and they suck.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:15:19 pm by DrumAnBass »
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; I only gargle."

jhabers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2019, 03:29:34 pm
Re: Klipsch Speaker Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 08:53:27 pm »
I have the The ProMedia 2.1's on my PC and LOVE them, they sound great and the bass is real good. I have had them for years. Only thing is that my volume knob makes a crackle sound in the speakers when adjusting it

Moose13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2020, 10:07:11 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:55:03 am »
I have the 4.1 promedia and have the same problem that jhabers has....anyone know how to fix this??

$68 for the 2.1 is a very nice deal. It's a great set.

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:41 am »
I just use one of these adaptor's and a real home theatre surround sound set like used in a living room.

you get more bang for the buck this way and there is alot more options to choose from reciever wise.

you could get a $10.00 reciever at a garage sale that would stomp pc speakers power wise.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpeg/minijack_rca.jpg

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 03:55:09 pm »
I have the 4.1 promedia and have the same problem that jhabers has....anyone know how to fix this??

Usually, it's a dirty pot. Sometimes they can come from the factory with what I'm suspecting is some kind of fine grit from....well anywhere. Doesn't take much. The common wisdom says to crank the pot several times. You also might try spraying some electrical board cleaner in the pot socket when the system is off.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

jhabers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2019, 03:29:34 pm
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:36 pm »

Usually, it's a dirty pot. Sometimes they can come from the factory with what I'm suspecting is some kind of fine grit from....well anywhere. Doesn't take much. The common wisdom says to crank the pot several times. You also might try spraying some electrical board cleaner in the pot socket when the system is off.

cranking it only tempoarily fixes it, Im going to try some contact cleaner