Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: emulation-vista64  (Read 963 times)

clok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2018, 10:58:39 pm
  • I can play PacMan till the screen splits!
emulation-vista64
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »
I know somebody was going to compile some info, but nothing has happned yet. I just built my Boom-box-media-pc -do it all thingy and put Vista 64 on it.  I have Game EX going at the moment as it seems to work OK in Vista64. Now here is a question for all you early 64 bit adapters who use emulators. What ones do and dont work? Some emu's take some work to set up so you never know if my poor skill at configuring or 64bit is the problem. Anybody know any that DO NOT WORK in Vista 64?

I will compile my finding when im all done, but hopefully some can help me from trying to solve unsolveable problems.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: emulation-vista64
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:35:37 am »
Usually the website where you download the emu will state if it runs on Vista. But I agree it would be nice to get a list going and then put it on the wiki.

EDIT: Had a quick look at the wiki and it has lists of emu's in tables so it would be pretty easy to add another column to specify if it's 64-bit compatible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:39:24 am by headkaze »

massive88

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 02:21:01 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:25:57 am »
The only Emu I had a problem with was VBA, but upon checking the website I found a x64 build that worked flawlessly.

clok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:59:59 am »
Well so far I only have Future Pinball installed (this is a new fresh machine so is taking some time to configure my Media side (doing that first). So far Game Ex is working fine, but Future Pinball, I got problems, its jerky, I had the res and all settings maxed, and put it at all minuimums and its exactlay the same.. its almost like it stutters sometimes. I only have one table (3 angels) maybe other tables work better or? Anybody with some Future Pinball exp got any advise? I also ran into another problem Im a bit miffed about. I have an IMON VFD http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/imon25.aspx?topMenu=2&subMenu=2&leftMenu=25 and it worked fine with Media center XP, but now in Vista 64 it doesnt work at all in the media center side(beta drivers may be the problem, not sure but really sucks, I loved that remote). Well its good to hear other EMU's seem to work, I'm pretty excited to get um all going, but so far I'm waiting on parts (2 XBOX 360 controlers) and some USB HD's etc.. I did a little messing with Compiling MAME, headkaze, nice app, clean and simple, but just a comment, some "moron" proof docs to go with it, i know the threads and the "compile mame help page" helped alot but there are some very basic (maybe the reason you guys with lots of brains and skills didnt think of them). I was slightly confused if i could compile on a 32 bit machine and get a 64 bit build (yes, i used to write code and was still wondering, I know, sad, but true), yes I know you cant, and you mentioned it in a thread.. but from the intial read throughs of the How too's it wasnt mentioned (and again, yes one should know that, but people compiling for the firet time may not). I am still a bit confused on settings.. you have core 2 duo dropdown, and you have 64 bit checkbox.. do you use both? for a E8400 intel?  humm guess i should ask this in your thread..

Oh well this weekend hopefully more Emu's will get tested and I will leave some more info here on what i found.. thanks again guys who's threads i have read and used!!!!

massive88

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 02:21:01 pm
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:16:59 pm »
My Future Pinball also seems to run slow (XP64) on my new computer as compared to my old.

AthlonXP 1700+ and Radeon AiW 9200

vs.

Core 2 Duo 3.2ghz and GeForce 7100 (onBoard)

I should think the new rig would blow it away, but I had to dumb it down to the lowest settings to get acceptable frame rates.  As the visuals didnt make that big of a difference to me, I didnt really mind, but if you find something out to help you out on the 64bit OS front with Future Pinball, let me know.

clok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 11:32:48 am »
Well i found my problem with Vista64 and Future Pinball, it was related to the latest Nvidea drivers. The latest Beta drivers fixed the problem. I found several people who had the same problem in the Future Pinball forums that linked to newer beta drivers. this fixed my problem, was a bit tricky as all the links where to the 32 bit driver, but a little googleing i found the 64 bit version. I have not gotten any farther on my emulation box, I did register GameEX, but havent done any more since. Im waing on two Xbox 360 controlers and a couple other things before i begin in earnest.