Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Area51 Cabinet - help required?  (Read 8407 times)

Jdurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
Re: Area51 Cabinet - help required?
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 01:12:27 pm »
You did not but I dont see any differance.  I was putting it out there to help other people so I dont understand the problem of why this was a big deal ???  Is this site not meant to help as you have helped me?  I know there are some questionable copyright debuts but how does a link effect this site?  Anyway, I am not trying to stir stuff up just trying to help. :cheers:

Linking to ROM Sites will be a direct indication that this website supports the illegal downloading of copyrighted material.  Each time someone clicks on that link, that website earns money from the banners/ads/pop-ups/etc. that are on the site.  There is absolutely no problem linking to a website that instructs people on how to fix their boards/machines as those sites do not make a profit off of the illegal downloading of copyrighted materials.  ROM Sites exist purely for the illegal downloading of said material.  By linking to those sites on this forum, it can be said that this forum will support illegal piracy.

Therefore, if one of the copyright holders of that property wanted to, they would have every right to get this website shut down and charge the proprieter of the website with intellectual property theft.  As a result, we would ALL lose the benefit of this website and Saint would have to pay the legal consequences.

As a result, linking to ROM Sites is NOT allowed.
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200

red_johnny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2011, 02:35:17 pm
Re: Area51 Cabinet - help required?
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 04:42:04 pm »