Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My cheap arcade stick(more pics)  (Read 1763 times)

Yenome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
My cheap arcade stick(more pics)
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:44:11 am »
So being on a small budget for my arcade build. I decided to build a fight stick on the cheap till i could get a proper encoder and the wood for my cab. It all started with a spare ps2 controller i had laying around. after playing with it and testing my hands at soldering. i found out i should of left the analog sticks on the board. as i removed em this made the sticks do all kinds of crazy things. thus my search for a diff way came bout. which ended me up at the 8 million keyboards i had laying around. after laying out the keyboard matrix i got to work soldering and wiring. and in the end with only cost being the arcade buttons and stick that was bought for me. i spent maybe 5 bucks in parts for this stick. which im not 100% happy with but hey it was a good learning step. I tried to keep the buttons set to the mame default but i messed up with the soldering as im a noob at it. so in the end i just ended up doing a fast and dirty button set to get it to working order and testing of the size of the controller box
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:03:33 pm by Yenome »
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
Re: My cheap arcade stick
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:00:58 am »
Good start, Yenome.  Doing a successful keyboard hack is an achievement.  Welcome.