Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The ARK project: CPO design ideas - Suggestions?  (Read 7681 times)

camsauce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2015, 06:39:26 pm
    • Spencer*Arcade
Re: The ARK project: CPO design ideas - Suggestions?
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2008, 12:22:06 am »
I messed around with an Indy theme for my cab but ultimately scrapped it.  While I didn't get to the CPO design, I did do some work on a mamewah frontend theme that might give you some ideas for this project.  I like where you're headed, can't wait to see it all done up.

somunny

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2018, 02:22:25 pm
  • Is it hot in here?
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:27 am »
Ah, very nice!  I'm not sure whether I'll be using Mamewah or Mala this time around (I've been a Mamewah guy up to this point).  The good news is that I'll only need to put together one background as this cab will only be playing MAME.

Thanks for posting that.  Your cabinet is great looking.  I guess we can only imagine what the Indy inspired version would have looked like...  :)

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2008, 11:49:05 am »
Thanks, uprightbass360!

As somunny mentioned, there's some great wallpaper art that can be downloaded at http://www.indianajones.com so I kept the same layout just for fun but inserted some true indy art.

How's something like this, somunny?

I isolated the true Raiders logo from the wallpapers.

if you don't like the buttons with the red lines, or anything else etc., just let me know how you'd like me to edit it up.

Cheers.

Holy Moly! That looks really awesome! I think go with the idea of having player 1, 2 etc in the indie fonts and make the red lines thinner. But the whole look is pretty damn good!

dfmaverick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2016, 11:17:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 06:12:00 pm »
This is the art that you need hanging above it.

Color scheme looks like it will match great with the gold.

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1220082;category_id=1208676;pcid1=;pcid2=

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 05:50:02 am »
I think I know what you are doing dustwasher-wise (;)) but if not have you thought about having some washers made to look like the staff headpiece that they use to find the Well of Souls?

somunny

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2018, 02:22:25 pm
  • Is it hot in here?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 09:59:03 am »
I think I know what you are doing dustwasher-wise (;)) but if not have you thought about having some washers made to look like the staff headpiece that they use to find the Well of Souls?

That's a great idea Franco.  I think the other option you were referring to will create a very slick look in the meantime, though  :) 

I would think the way to go would be to mold something out of Sculpy, cast it in resin and paint it.  Alas, I am no sculptor (that's putting it mildly).
This is the art that you need hanging above it.

Color scheme looks like it will match great with the gold.

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1220082;category_id=1208676;pcid1=;pcid2=

That's a great looking print.  I had initially contacted a fairly well-known Indy fan/artist (whose work is also for sale on the site) to do the artwork on the project and found that his rates were pretty reasonable.