Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex Polo 25" not working, wondering if I should give it away.  (Read 1211 times)

MyCatSucks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2023, 03:57:15 pm
It's a Hantarex Polo 25" in an NBA Jam cabinet. I bought it off somebody. I don't know anything about repair, and I'm scared to fiddle because of the warnings of "deadly electrical charges." I emailed the guy and asked him what the deal with the monitor is: 

"One day when I went to power up the cabinet, a whole bunch of sparks started to fly out
of the back, so I quickly turned it off... I never got around to trying
to fix it, or even to diagnose the problem.  It's a hantarex Polo 25"
cabinet.  I thought about buying a new chassis and trying to replace
it.  If you want to try that, here's a link with directions:
http://www.retroblast.com/Articles/25-Hanatrex-Polo-Monitor-to-8Liners-Chassis-Conversion.php
You'd need to purchase the chassis from 8 liners.   Otherwise, if you
know about monitors and such, try and figure out what exactly is wrong
with it. "

When I bought the cabinet I thought it was stripped. I am making an MAME cab and wanted to use a pc and a TV in it. Now I have to do something with this monitor. I was thinking about posting it in the Free Items thread. The catch being that whoever wants it has to come remove it. I live in Buffalo, NY.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is giving it away a good idea? I could always try to contact a repair person or someone from an arcade to fix it if it would be worth it. (If it matters I plan on playing mostly 90's games like Street Fighter, Final Fight, TMNT).

Thanks in advance.

sarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2015, 01:42:54 pm
Re: Hantarex Polo 25" not working, wondering if I should give it away.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:25:54 pm »
Sounds like your flyback is arcing.