Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Newsflash: Small asteroid hits BYOAC! [Mamey Winner]  (Read 16175 times)

The 80s Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2019, 03:20:56 pm
  • I'm working on a Crystal Castles MAME Cab
Re: Newsflash: Small asteroid hits BYOAC!
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 11:30:23 pm »
 :cheers: I love to see orginal creations, great work.

Here's what it might look like if it had a marquee and coin slot.
Over Four Years and I'm still under 150 Posts (Date Registered:  January 27, 2005, 10:17:25 PM )

dmworking247

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 01:05:24 am
Re: Newsflash: Small asteroid hits BYOAC!
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 04:36:22 am »
Thanks everyone, I'm honestly blown away by the recognition this little project has received. I honestly thought this would get about a 50/50 love/hate reaction, so I never expected this kind of response.

On a daily basis I browse this forum and am impressed at the creativity of so many projects. Most of the time I'm looking at these projects wishing I had half the skill (or the money or time) to do such creative cabinets.

Having almost completed my fourth 'cabinet' and with two more already in my mind, I've learned there is a LOT of work between an 'average' build and 'real quality', and some times the hardest challenges or the finest details are the things that others take for granted.

So thanks to all of you who've posted projects before, you all deserve a pat on the back for the hard work and especially for sharing ideas and inspiration to so many others, including me.  :notworthy:

This project was built from a spontaneous idea and used very little time or money... obviously it could be improved with fiber glass for rigidity or different button combinations but it still seems that its provided some inspiration. The fact I've been able to give something back to a community where it often feels like everything has been done before is the ultimate reward for me (although, some sponsorship from some arcade part distributors would sure help with the next project  :laugh2: )

I'd love to hear about it if anybody ends up building their own unique cabinet using this project as inspiration.

Thanks again for all of the kind words.

dmworking247

• Offline Offline
Re: Newsflash: Small asteroid hits BYOAC! [Mamey Winner]
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2008, 06:41:18 am »
In an effort to better document projects completed to date, I've summarised this build into a PDF available on My Project Website

Click here for a direct link to The Asteroid PDF file.

Doctor Ugs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2011, 02:56:58 pm
  • Arcade addict since 1980
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 07:40:03 am »
Awesome man,

Oh with that setup, a couple games you could add are:
Mario Bros
Donkey Kong

Really nice work.
"My memory is so bad,
Alzheimer's would be an improvement!"

My Project Thread, 2 Mame Cabs.

dmworking247

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2008, 08:05:17 am »
Has Mario Bros been Mame'd in anything but Playchoice 10? I muts have missed the rom.

Donkey Kong requires 'up/down' for the ladders.  I suppose you could use the right side buttons but that wouldn't feel the same :)

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:31 am »
wow thats awesome..very creative. you should go ahead and install the marquee and coin box too.  :cheers: