Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I tried asking over at Hyperspin forums, but how can i scroll with my u360's ?  (Read 1993 times)

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
I like the eye candy of hyperspin FE, however I have u360's how can i get them to scroll the game list?
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

Dazz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
Hmm, I must not have seen your post on the HS forums...  But to answer your question, I believe that U360's are treated like joysticks/gamepads by Windows.  Support for that has not yet been added to HyperSpin, but it is a work in progress.

You should be able to use a program such as Xpadder or Joy2Key as a work around in the mean time...  Keep in mind that HyperSpin is still very much a work in progress.  The primary goal was to get a working frontend out there, once the initial bugs are fixed then Bill can focus on adding additional features such as your questions.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 09:39:27 am by Dazz »

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
Yeah, joy2key should do fine

Loafmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
On a hunch that Mrclean doesn't understand what joy2key does (I thought it was mentioned in the HyperSpin thread): it remaps your keystrokes to the joystick, so pointing up on your "U360" will be equivalent to the "up" key on your keyboard.  It's very easy to setup, kind of how mame allows you to remap all of the buttons, except here you're doing it in a little program before running hyperspin.  Give it a try.

I used to have the same issue years ago with my gravis exterminator and a certain emulator, which didn't support gamepad. But using a keymapping software resolved the issue; this is the same scenario here.

Let us know if it worked.