Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0  (Read 320437 times)

MartinC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2021, 03:43:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LEDBlinky - Volume controls
« Reply #1760 on: April 07, 2021, 03:08:22 pm »
Hi,
Just getting started with LEDBlinky which is great (thank you).
I've got my input map basically all sorted and continuing to work my way through the manual.
One thing that isn't obvious is how I can map my volume control buttons. I have a button for "Volume Down" and a button for "Volume Up". These map in Using my Ultimarc Ultimate in WinIPAC these map clearly to the "Vol Down" and "Vol Up" keycodes. I can't however see an equivalent keycode in LEDBlinky? Am I missing something or is there a different way I should approach mapping these buttons and referring to them in LEDBlinky?
Many thanks!
Martin 

G22

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2021, 03:42:35 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1761 on: April 10, 2021, 05:06:35 pm »
Hi, I'm having an issue.

I'm using an I-Pac Ultimate control board in xinput mode. Ledblinky can't recognize the board in xinput mode. It does work in dinput and keybaord mode though.

Thing is many newer games only works with xinput emulating Xbox 360 controllers.

Andy from Ultimarc told me that:

Microsofts locked-down Xinput specification does not allow the necessary functions for LED control.

There must be some kind of way to bypass that. I mean I've paid for LedBlinky and 500$ worth of RGB buttons. Majority of the games I'm playing only works with xinput controls. This is really a bummer.

I've tried UCR(Universal Control Remapper) which let's you remap keystrokes to Xbox 360 buttons on their Vigem Xbox 360 emulated controllers. Thing is that the Vigem driver isn't as reliable as xinput and doesn't work in many games like Tetris Connected where only the Player 1 works.

Thank you if anyone knows a workaround or if this could be developed.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2021, 08:42:28 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Volume controls
« Reply #1762 on: April 10, 2021, 07:27:33 pm »
Hi,
Just getting started with LEDBlinky which is great (thank you).
I've got my input map basically all sorted and continuing to work my way through the manual.
One thing that isn't obvious is how I can map my volume control buttons. I have a button for "Volume Down" and a button for "Volume Up". These map in Using my Ultimarc Ultimate in WinIPAC these map clearly to the "Vol Down" and "Vol Up" keycodes. I can't however see an equivalent keycode in LEDBlinky? Am I missing something or is there a different way I should approach mapping these buttons and referring to them in LEDBlinky?
Many thanks!
Martin

If you're looking to light additional non-game related buttons while a game is active, this support link should help. The button name you select doesn't really matter as long as "Always Active" is checked;
https://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightMAMEUI

If you're looking to light specific buttons when the FE is active, this support link should help. Look at the section about "complete control";
https://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightFEUI
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1763 on: April 10, 2021, 07:33:36 pm »
Hi, I'm having an issue.

I'm using an I-Pac Ultimate control board in xinput mode. Ledblinky can't recognize the board in xinput mode. It does work in dinput and keybaord mode though.

Thing is many newer games only works with xinput emulating Xbox 360 controllers.

Andy from Ultimarc told me that:

Microsofts locked-down Xinput specification does not allow the necessary functions for LED control.

There must be some kind of way to bypass that. I mean I've paid for LedBlinky and 500$ worth of RGB buttons. Majority of the games I'm playing only works with xinput controls. This is really a bummer.

I've tried UCR(Universal Control Remapper) which let's you remap keystrokes to Xbox 360 buttons on their Vigem Xbox 360 emulated controllers. Thing is that the Vigem driver isn't as reliable as xinput and doesn't work in many games like Tetris Connected where only the Player 1 works.

If I understand correctly, the IPac Ultimate can't light LEDs when running in XInput mode. This really has nothing to do with LEDBlinky. All I can suggest is purchasing a separate LED controller.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2021, 01:17:27 pm
  • Completed - Tron Legacy
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162637.0.html
« Reply #1764 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:00 pm »
Pac-man playing in 8-way SOLVED.

So, Pac-man (and Puckman) were playing in 8-way mode on my servostik. I had noticed the controls were set to CONTROL_JOY4WAY, but the "Primary Controls" box was not checked.

Checking that box solved the issue.

That solution was not intuitive to me, so I figured I'd post it in case anyone else ever comes across that issue.

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1765 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:49 pm »
Related to Pac Man - I've created some generic profiles with the help of Rocket Blinky (with tweaks to make it LaunchBox friendly) and am now adding custom profiles for some games. I'm duplicating the default but find that the "Name (voice)" cannot be edited in the UI for the "Start" and "Coin" options as they have default text which is greyed out. If I edit manually in the xml it does what I want, but the default text remains in the UI and cannot be changed.
Have I selected a setting that causes this? None of the Start/Coin related Game options in the LEDBlinky config seem to affect this?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1766 on: April 14, 2021, 03:17:59 pm »
Related to Pac Man - I've created some generic profiles with the help of Rocket Blinky (with tweaks to make it LaunchBox friendly) and am now adding custom profiles for some games. I'm duplicating the default but find that the "Name (voice)" cannot be edited in the UI for the "Start" and "Coin" options as they have default text which is greyed out. If I edit manually in the xml it does what I want, but the default text remains in the UI and cannot be changed.
Have I selected a setting that causes this? None of the Start/Coin related Game options in the LEDBlinky config seem to affect this?

The Start and Coin button's spoken action is fixed, but it can be set globally (for all games) in the settings.ini;

Code: [Select]
[GameOptions]
SpeakStartButton=Start Game
SpeakCoinButton=Insert Coin

You can edit the file with any text editor and change the values.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1767 on: April 14, 2021, 04:57:04 pm »
The Start and Coin button's spoken action is fixed

But this doesn't seem to be the case. With the below code it's saying what I've specified for my coin and start buttons rather than the default text you've indicated above.

<controlGroup groupName="PAC-MAN_(USA)_(NAMCO)" voice="Pac Man" numPlayers="2" alternating="0" jukebox="0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY4WAY" voice="4-Way Joystick" color="" inputCodes="" primaryControl="1"/>
        <control name="UI_CANCEL" voice="" color="Red" inputCodes="KEYCODE_ESC"/>
        <control name="UI_PAUSE" voice="" color="Yellow" inputCodes="KEY_RLPAUSE|KEY_MAMEPAUSE"/>
        <control name="UI_SELECT" voice="" color="Green" inputCodes="KEYCODE_P"/>
      </player>
      <player number="1">
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_UP"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START1" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
        <control name="COIN1" voice="Select number of players" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
      </player>
      <player number="2">
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_UP"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START2" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
      </player>
    </controlGroup>

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1768 on: April 14, 2021, 05:18:30 pm »
But this doesn't seem to be the case. With the below code it's saying what I've specified for my coin and start buttons rather than the default text you've indicated above.

<controlGroup groupName="PAC-MAN_(USA)_(NAMCO)" voice="Pac Man" numPlayers="2" alternating="0" jukebox="0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY4WAY" voice="4-Way Joystick" color="" inputCodes="" primaryControl="1"/>
        <control name="UI_CANCEL" voice="" color="Red" inputCodes="KEYCODE_ESC"/>
        <control name="UI_PAUSE" voice="" color="Yellow" inputCodes="KEY_RLPAUSE|KEY_MAMEPAUSE"/>
        <control name="UI_SELECT" voice="" color="Green" inputCodes="KEYCODE_P"/>
      </player>
      <player number="1">
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_UP"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_1_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START1" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
        <control name="COIN1" voice="Select number of players" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
      </player>
      <player number="2">
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_UP" voice="Up" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_UP"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN" voice="Down" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_DOWN"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT" voice="Left" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_LEFT"/>
        <control name="P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT" voice="Right" color="Black" inputCodes="JOYCODE_2_RIGHT"/>
        <control name="START2" voice="Start Game - pause and restart play" color="Grey-mid" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
      </player>
    </controlGroup>

If RocketBlinky specifies a "voice" value for the start and coin buttons, it will override the global value in settings.ini. If you want to use the global value for all games, you'd have to manually edit the LEDBlinkyControls.xml and remove the "voice" value for every game.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1769 on: April 14, 2021, 05:22:03 pm »
But it's not RocketBlinky that set the text above (although I used that  to create the original file. I was simply confused why it the voice for coin and start was disabled so experimented by editing the controls XML. It's fine if I have to continue to do it this way, I'm just confused why I have to resort to doing this rather than using the controls UI?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1770 on: April 14, 2021, 07:33:43 pm »
But it's not RocketBlinky that set the text above (although I used that  to create the original file. I was simply confused why it the voice for coin and start was disabled so experimented by editing the controls XML. It's fine if I have to continue to do it this way, I'm just confused why I have to resort to doing this rather than using the controls UI?

Ah, I understand. The way LEDBlinky handles the voice commands for the coin and start buttons goes back to old legacy code. I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2021, 01:17:27 pm
  • Completed - Tron Legacy
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162637.0.html
« Reply #1771 on: April 14, 2021, 08:56:38 pm »

Ah, I understand. The way LEDBlinky handles the voice commands for the coin and start buttons goes back to old legacy code. I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.

I'd be in favor of that. On some steam games, I like to use those buttons as menu select or menu cancel, and I would've liked to be able to add those voices.

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2021, 04:06:30 am »
I should probably revisit it some day and allow changes from the UI.

That would be great at some point, but no rush. As I say I can always edit the raw XML and really appreciate what you do!

Can I add a quick feature request while I'm at it? When you duplicate a control set you can specify which emulator it should be added to. It would be really handy if then you could select one of the "unknown games" for that system to make it easier to ensure the ROM name is correct. Not priority, but would just make things a little easier.

Sorry to be a pain!  :embarassed:

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1773 on: April 15, 2021, 04:21:07 am »

@G22 - Have you looked at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,158047.0.html? Not get this far in my setup yet, but looks interesting.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1774 on: April 15, 2021, 07:46:30 am »
Can I add a quick feature request while I'm at it? When you duplicate a control set you can specify which emulator it should be added to. It would be really handy if then you could select one of the "unknown games" for that system to make it easier to ensure the ROM name is correct. Not priority, but would just make things a little easier.

I'll add this to the feature request list, thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartinC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1775 on: April 15, 2021, 08:12:47 am »
 :cheers: