Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 561413 times)

gamepimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #960 on: May 24, 2015, 04:17:06 pm »
Hi Arzoo. I recently upgraded the hard drives in my computer and moved the folders around a bit. I'm running GameEx frontend now, but used to run Maximus Arcade. I have a PacLED 64 powering the LEDs on my CP. I had configured all the LEDs in the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap program before I changed hard drives and had created a custom layout in the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor as well. Now, if i try to load the layout that I created in the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor so that I can modify it, I get an error that I'm "Missing DevicePort-Input.ini file" and a path is shown that refers back to the location of my old front end on my old hard drive. A copy of the DevicePort-Input.ini file does currently exist in the same folder as the LEDBlinky executable (which is the "Plugins" folder for GameEx). And I can view/change the configuration of each LED on the PacLED 64 device in the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap program. So that program has no trouble finding the .ini file. But I'm not sure how I can tell the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor program to look for the .ini file at its current location? When I launch GameEx, the custom layout file that I created appears to be lighting the LEDs as expected, because all lights are lit and the RGB LEDs are the correct color. I'm just not able to change the layout at this time due to the failure to locate the .ini file. Please let me know if there is a way I can specify the correct path for the DevicePort-Input.ini file so that LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor can find it. Thanks!

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #961 on: May 25, 2015, 10:25:17 am »
Hi Arzoo. I recently upgraded the hard drives in my computer and moved the folders around a bit. I'm running GameEx frontend now, but used to run Maximus Arcade. I have a PacLED 64 powering the LEDs on my CP. I had configured all the LEDs in the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap program before I changed hard drives and had created a custom layout in the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor as well. Now, if i try to load the layout that I created in the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor so that I can modify it, I get an error that I'm "Missing DevicePort-Input.ini file" and a path is shown that refers back to the location of my old front end on my old hard drive. A copy of the DevicePort-Input.ini file does currently exist in the same folder as the LEDBlinky executable (which is the "Plugins" folder for GameEx). And I can view/change the configuration of each LED on the PacLED 64 device in the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap program. So that program has no trouble finding the .ini file. But I'm not sure how I can tell the LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor program to look for the .ini file at its current location? When I launch GameEx, the custom layout file that I created appears to be lighting the LEDs as expected, because all lights are lit and the RGB LEDs are the correct color. I'm just not able to change the layout at this time due to the failure to locate the .ini file. Please let me know if there is a way I can specify the correct path for the DevicePort-Input.ini file so that LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor can find it. Thanks!

Sorry for this issue - it' something I need to address in a future update. For now you can manually edit (using notepad or any text editor) your control panel layout file (*.lay) and update the path to the input map file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

gamepimp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:38:47 pm
« Reply #962 on: May 25, 2015, 02:24:13 pm »
No worries. Just glad there is a workaround for this. Thanks!  :cheers:

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2016, 02:05:27 pm
« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:29 am »
Hi Arzoo

A quick question regarding the voice assigned to the coin and start buttons.

I've set LEDBlinky up to speak and flash commands at game start, however, regardless of what I write in the text box for the start and coin buttons they always say start and coin.

Is there a way to get round this? Obviously I want them to say Start and Coin in MAME but in other emulators they have slightly different uses.

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #964 on: May 27, 2015, 06:19:00 pm »
Hi Arzoo

I've set LEDBlinky up to speak and flash commands at game start, however, regardless of what I write in the text box for the start and coin buttons they always say start and coin.

Is there a way to get round this? Obviously I want them to say Start and Coin in MAME but in other emulators they have slightly different uses.

Thanks

I'll look into this and get back to you.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #965 on: June 04, 2015, 10:07:02 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Thanks

I'll look into this and get back to you.

I've looked over the code and sure enough you can't change the start and coin spoken phrase. But here's a work-around; using the Controls Editor, edit the controls for emulator/game you want to change. Add the player start and coin button but don't select COIN# or START#. Instead select any other unused button (for example P#_BUTTON12). Set the Name(Voice) value to whatever you want to be spoken, and assign the Input Code to the correct value for Start (usually 1/2/3/4) or Coin (usually 5/6/7/8). That should override the default spoken start/coin phrase.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:22:57 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #966 on: June 06, 2015, 06:04:40 am »
Hi Arzoo

That's great thanks. I'll have a go at swapping them over.

Jonathan

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #967 on: June 12, 2015, 01:49:43 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Thanks for a great app! I am having some troubles though.

I am using Hyperspin, RocketLauncher, and LEDBlinky 62 on Vista.

1. I set HyperHQ startup program to LEDBlinky.exe
2. I set RocketLauncher to LEDBlinky.exe under the Third Party tab under General Settings
3. Also in RocketLauncher, I set the LEDBlinky option to TRUE under the Settings > Main Settings Tab
4. For my LEDBlinky config, I just want to test the lights turning on. Not interested in speech yet. I have the Hyperspin tab as well.

The problem I am having is that when I run Hyperspin, nothing lights up. The lights work fine in the LEDBLinky config TEST options. I go through, play a game, exit the FrontEnd, and back to my desktop.
The LEDBlinky app is running in my taskbar, still with no lights.

When I check out the LEDBlinky.log, its blank. The Debug.log just shows this:

[06/12/2015 01:44:43] LEDBlinky v6.2.0.0
[06/12/2015 01:44:43] Registered To: A****** P***[d**************@aol.com] 4m0CboGe1DQT1+Hi5RcO01i95zq7KaY7lzQvaUJMmtA1RHE+sDVtg9bxHXv3ilRfKiDj9jg1Uc/j93+NeKhNcg==
[06/12/2015 01:45:24] Event Started: FE_QUIT
[06/12/2015 01:45:24] Event Completed: FE_QUIT

I am completely baffled :banghead:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #968 on: June 12, 2015, 08:25:23 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Thanks for a great app! I am having some troubles though.

I am using Hyperspin, RocketLauncher, and LEDBlinky 62 on Vista.

1. I set HyperHQ startup program to LEDBlinky.exe
2. I set RocketLauncher to LEDBlinky.exe under the Third Party tab under General Settings
3. Also in RocketLauncher, I set the LEDBlinky option to TRUE under the Settings > Main Settings Tab
4. For my LEDBlinky config, I just want to test the lights turning on. Not interested in speech yet. I have the Hyperspin tab as well.

The problem I am having is that when I run Hyperspin, nothing lights up. The lights work fine in the LEDBLinky config TEST options. I go through, play a game, exit the FrontEnd, and back to my desktop.
The LEDBlinky app is running in my taskbar, still with no lights.

When I check out the LEDBlinky.log, its blank. The Debug.log just shows this:

[06/12/2015 01:44:43] LEDBlinky v6.2.0.0
[06/12/2015 01:44:43] Registered To: A****** P***[d**************@aol.com] 4m0CboGe1DQT1+Hi5RcO01i95zq7KaY7lzQvaUJMmtA1RHE+sDVtg9bxHXv3ilRfKiDj9jg1Uc/j93+NeKhNcg==
[06/12/2015 01:45:24] Event Started: FE_QUIT
[06/12/2015 01:45:24] Event Completed: FE_QUIT

I am completely baffled :banghead:

Hi,
Based on the log it seems that HS/RL is not launching LEDBlinky correctly - it never received the FEStart command. Have you checked the HS log? Unfortunately I have not used Rocket Launcher - maybe post a question on their forum.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #969 on: June 12, 2015, 06:47:30 pm »
I got it to work by adding a parameter of "1" in HyperHQ under the startup program. I also am able to close it using Param "2" for the exit program. And it works beautifully!

The issue now is that according to LedBlinky's Debug Log, it doesnt look like it's receiving commands from Hyperspin or RocketLauncher when I enter a game. Thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #970 on: June 12, 2015, 11:23:14 pm »
I got it to work by adding a parameter of "1" in HyperHQ under the startup program. I also am able to close it using Param "2" for the exit program. And it works beautifully!

The issue now is that according to LedBlinky's Debug Log, it doesnt look like it's receiving commands from Hyperspin or RocketLauncher when I enter a game. Thoughts?

Thanks so much for your help!

RocketLauncher needs to pass the ROM name to LEDBlinky. I would suggest checking the RocketLauncher forum for help with the configuration.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #971 on: June 12, 2015, 11:26:16 pm »
I brought it up on the RL forum and djvj says that RL hasn't implemented LEDBlinky completely yet. Other than that, Blinky seems to be running beautifully. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albertoonezio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2015, 01:39:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #972 on: June 18, 2015, 07:48:45 pm »

I wonder how can I use and how is the correct line to use the ledblinky 14 to control the gates of the LEDs ??

else I would like to have a more easy way to light up the LEDs to not MAME games without having to put the mame inputs ???

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #973 on: June 18, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »

I wonder how can I use and how is the correct line to use the ledblinky 14 to control the gates of the LEDs ??

else I would like to have a more easy way to light up the LEDs to not MAME games without having to put the mame inputs ???

You can turn one or more ports on or off (or any value from 0-48). Here's the basic command:
<path>\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 14 <port>,<intensity>|<port>,<intensity>|...

For example:
<path>\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 14 1,48|2,25
This example will set port 1 to 48 (max) and port 2 to 25.
<path>\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 14 1,0
This example will turn off port 1 (and leave all other ports at their current setting)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

albertoonezio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #974 on: June 19, 2015, 11:58:37 am »
The command ledblinky 14 here is not working and had been giving port error and command error.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #975 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:00 pm »
The command ledblinky 14 here is not working and had been giving port error and command error.
Please turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), try sending your port commands, then email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

albertoonezio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #976 on: June 19, 2015, 01:33:37 pm »
Please turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), try sending your port commands, then email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.

I sent via MP

Line_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2019, 10:15:49 am
« Reply #977 on: June 20, 2015, 04:07:45 pm »
Is there a way I can get the joysticks to light a specific color for my FE, Hyperspin?

I've been able to successfully light all the buttons I wanted, but can't find a way to do it for joystick 1 and joystick 2 in the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor when i select 'FE'.

I tried the .lwax Animation method, but its causing lots of flickering when switching between button previews for games and systems.

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #978 on: June 21, 2015, 01:58:56 pm »
Hi Arzoo

I'm currently working on triggering a Pause profile through Rocket Launcher.  The issue I'm having is the way the System and Rom name is formatted for LEDBlinky.

If I open unknowngames.dat the output looks like this:

Game_Name System_Name

If I try the command line like this

LEDBlinky.exe "Game Name" "System Name"

Nothing happens.  I have to put the underscores in to trigger the profile. 

Can you tell me if the underscores are generated by Hyperspin? Or by LEDBlinky?

Thanks for your help

Jon

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #979 on: June 22, 2015, 04:19:18 pm »
Is there a way I can get the joysticks to light a specific color for my FE, Hyperspin?

I've been able to successfully light all the buttons I wanted, but can't find a way to do it for joystick 1 and joystick 2 in the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor when i select 'FE'.

I tried the .lwax Animation method, but its causing lots of flickering when switching between button previews for games and systems.

It should work as long as you have the joystick(s) configured in the HyperSpin setup. Can you confirm that?

No sure why you would see flickering when switching animations but all the ports do turn off when switching.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #980 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »
Hi Arzoo

I'm currently working on triggering a Pause profile through Rocket Launcher.  The issue I'm having is the way the System and Rom name is formatted for LEDBlinky.

If I open unknowngames.dat the output looks like this:

Game_Name System_Name

If I try the command line like this

LEDBlinky.exe "Game Name" "System Name"

Nothing happens.  I have to put the underscores in to trigger the profile. 

Can you tell me if the underscores are generated by Hyperspin? Or by LEDBlinky?

Thanks for your help

Jon

The underscores are generated by LEDBlinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29:25 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Thanks for coming back to me.  Is there a particular reason for LEDBlinky generating the underscores?

The reason I ask is because Rocket Launcher pulls the Game and System information from Hyperspin without them.  I can get RL to send the commands to end the game and switch to the Pause profile (set up as a dummy emulator).  However, when I want to switch back to the current game/system, I'm having to use autohotkey to replace all the spaces with underscores.  The concern with this is that it will be prone to errors.

If it's something that can't be changed, I'll try and work out a more reliable way round it.  I just thought it didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for the great program and for taking the time to answer questions like this

Jon

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2015, 10:59:37 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Thanks for coming back to me.  Is there a particular reason for LEDBlinky generating the underscores?

The reason I ask is because Rocket Launcher pulls the Game and System information from Hyperspin without them.  I can get RL to send the commands to end the game and switch to the Pause profile (set up as a dummy emulator).  However, when I want to switch back to the current game/system, I'm having to use autohotkey to replace all the spaces with underscores.  The concern with this is that it will be prone to errors.

If it's something that can't be changed, I'll try and work out a more reliable way round it.  I just thought it didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for the great program and for taking the time to answer questions like this

Jon

You don’t need to specify the underscores when passing parameters to LEDBlinky. So in your example, LEDBlinky.exe "Game Name" "System Name" should work fine. But you do need to define the default controls for each emulator (or for each non-mame game) using the Controls Editor – and here the underscores are required. The unknowngames.dat file is used for importing unknown games (and emulators) into the Controls Editor – that’s why the data in the file includes the underscores. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #983 on: June 25, 2015, 01:47:03 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Sorry to be a pain but can you test it at your end.

If I use the command prompt:

LEDBlinky.exe "ALLADIN (EUROPE)" "SEGA MASTER SYSTEM"

LEDBlinky changes from the FE mode but doesn't light the game controls (basically all the LEDs turn off)

If I use:

LEDBlinky.exe "ALLADIN_(EUROPE)" "SEGA_MASTER_SYSTEM"

LEDBlinky lights the game controls correctly.

I'm just trying to ascertain if it is something to do with my set up that's causing this behaviour.

Note: I don't have controls set for Alladin specifically but do have default controls for the system.  As above, the defaults light fine if I include the underscores.

Thanks

Jon
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:48:57 pm by jonnieboyrevel »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #984 on: June 25, 2015, 02:27:35 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Sorry to be a pain but can you test it at your end.

If I use the command prompt:

LEDBlinky.exe "ALLADIN (EUROPE)" "SEGA MASTER SYSTEM"

LEDBlinky changes from the FE mode but doesn't light the game controls (basically all the LEDs turn off)

If I use:

LEDBlinky.exe "ALLADIN_(EUROPE)" "SEGA_MASTER_SYSTEM"

LEDBlinky lights the game controls correctly.

I'm just trying to ascertain if it is something to do with my set up that's causing this behaviour.

Note: I don't have controls set for Alladin specifically but do have default controls for the system.  As above, the defaults light fine if I include the underscores.

Thanks

Jon

Jon,
Please turn on the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run both scenarios, then email me the debug.ZIP file so I can see what's going on.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #985 on: June 26, 2015, 07:42:01 am »
Hi Arzoo

I've sent the two files to the LEDBlinky support e-mail address.

Thanks

Jon

JolietBob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2019, 05:41:08 pm
  • I'd buy that for a dollar!
« Reply #986 on: June 26, 2015, 04:39:06 pm »
Hello,

I have LEDBlinky 6.2, Hyperspin 1.4, RocketLauncher 1.0 & mame .162 running on windows 7

running without ledblinky and everything was working as expected in hyperspin/rocketlauncher

As soon as I turned on and configured up ledblinky, hyperspin would crash during the startup.  I turned off the voice explaining the FE buttons and hyperspin would go through the startup screen and allow me to get to the wheel.  Anytime I went into a mame game ledblinky would start to talk and hyperspin/mame would crash and the system would lose the explorer/taskbar.  I turned off all things that talk in ledblinky and things seemed ok, but I now notice that while switching through the wheel game selection that eventually hyperspin will just crash again (although several minutes (5-10) have passed).  When it crashes it takes windows explorer and the taskbar with it.

any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #987 on: June 26, 2015, 06:08:23 pm »
Hello,

I have LEDBlinky 6.2, Hyperspin 1.4, RocketLauncher 1.0 & mame .162 running on windows 7

running without ledblinky and everything was working as expected in hyperspin/rocketlauncher

As soon as I turned on and configured up ledblinky, hyperspin would crash during the startup.  I turned off the voice explaining the FE buttons and hyperspin would go through the startup screen and allow me to get to the wheel.  Anytime I went into a mame game ledblinky would start to talk and hyperspin/mame would crash and the system would lose the explorer/taskbar.  I turned off all things that talk in ledblinky and things seemed ok, but I now notice that while switching through the wheel game selection that eventually hyperspin will just crash again (although several minutes (5-10) have passed).  When it crashes it takes windows explorer and the taskbar with it.

any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks

If the LEDBlinky voice features are really the cause of the crashes, then you may have an issue with the Windows TTS engine (LEDBlinky uses the Windows TTS engine for all speech). You could try testing the Windows Text To Speech functionality while using HS and without LEDBlinky to see if the crash still occurs. You could also try manually launching LEDBlinky (using command line parameters) without HS to see what happens.

Before I can help any further I would need you to turn on the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run HS and a few games to cause the problem, then email me back the debug.ZIP file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #988 on: June 26, 2015, 09:57:55 pm »
Jolietbob, I just had the same thing happen to me with HS. It would crash out of the blue and I lose explorer and task at. I found that turning off my antivirus completely did the trick although I'm not sure it's a permanent fix.

the_greeze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2019, 07:47:47 am
« Reply #989 on: June 27, 2015, 07:36:24 am »
Hi all,
I have a problem with LEDBlinky not setting my servosticks to 8 way when I play Robotron (in MAME). Can anyone help with this please? :)

All the other games I've tried work perfectly; the joysticks switch between 4 and 8 way with no issue. It's just Robotron which is a shame as it's probably my favourite game!  ::)

It's great software though and I'm very happy with it. If we can resolve this Robotron issue, you have a definite purchase from me.

Any help, much appreciated...

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:09:41 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #990 on: June 27, 2015, 11:43:55 am »
Are you using other two joystick games? Like Total Carnage? How does it work with those?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

the_greeze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #991 on: June 27, 2015, 12:55:06 pm »
Are you using other two joystick games? Like Total Carnage? How does it work with those?

Yes, I am. On "Smash TV", it works just fine.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #992 on: June 27, 2015, 08:13:47 pm »
I have LEDBlinky working almost to perfection, and I'm thrilled!

One issue, when I exit a game back to Hyperspin, Blinky stays on the buttons I lit via the Controls. For example, I have P1 Button 1 and 2 lit red for the NES games. I enter and play a game, no problem. When I exit the game, the buttons are still lit red, and dont go back to the FE Animation I set (Audio Animation).

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

the_greeze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #993 on: June 28, 2015, 07:26:35 am »
Hi all,
I have a problem with LEDBlinky not setting my servosticks to 8 way when I play Robotron (in MAME). Can anyone help with this please? :)

All the other games I've tried work perfectly; the joysticks switch between 4 and 8 way with no issue. It's just Robotron which is a shame as it's probably my favourite game!  ::)

It's great software though and I'm very happy with it. If we can resolve this Robotron issue, you have a definite purchase from me.

Any help, much appreciated...

Issue resolved.  :applaud: I didn't have it set as a primary 8-way joystick. Still learning this cool software!

Purchase made! Thank you Arzoo  :cheers:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #994 on: June 28, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »
I have LEDBlinky working almost to perfection, and I'm thrilled!

One issue, when I exit a game back to Hyperspin, Blinky stays on the buttons I lit via the Controls. For example, I have P1 Button 1 and 2 lit red for the NES games. I enter and play a game, no problem. When I exit the game, the buttons are still lit red, and dont go back to the FE Animation I set (Audio Animation).

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Seems like HS is not sending the Game Quit command to LEDBlinky. I'll need a log file to determine exactly what's going on. Turn on the Debug Log (misc options tab), run HS and a couple games to reproduce the problem, then email me the debug.ZIP file. I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #995 on: July 10, 2015, 09:52:37 am »
Thanks for the help Arzoo, I figured by removing parameters from LEDBlinky completely in HyperEDS, it now works.

But when one door closes, another opens.
The issue I have now is this. I have a "Hyperspin Menu" LED animation, which lights up the Hyperspin controls in different colors, complete with a blinking light to start the game. I needed something to keep it idiot proof for guests. I select a game in the menu without starting it, and the Demo lights come on as expected for each game. When I enter a game, lights for that game are on perfectly (Commando). I exit the game, and then the problem starts.
LEDBlinky reverts to my Hyperspin Menu lights, and when I move the wheel to another game, the Demo lights do not appear. I enter a new game, no custom lights. Everything stays on the HSMenu lights.

I also have custom lights for NES and SNES emulators, and when I enter those wheels, the Demo lights for the game dont appear either. Am I wrong in thinking that Demo lights are reserved for Mame only, or for all emulators? When I enter a SNES or NES game, the lights for that system come on.

I was thinking Xpadder might be the issue? My Xpadder for some reason keeps flashing the screen, and causing HS to lose focus. I looked at the LEDBlinky log, and noticed a few things in there I've not seen in previous tests. Any insight you can provide would be most grateful.

My Debug.zip is attached.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #996 on: July 10, 2015, 05:08:09 pm »
Thanks for the help Arzoo, I figured by removing parameters from LEDBlinky completely in HyperEDS, it now works.

But when one door closes, another opens.
The issue I have now is this. I have a "Hyperspin Menu" LED animation, which lights up the Hyperspin controls in different colors, complete with a blinking light to start the game. I needed something to keep it idiot proof for guests. I select a game in the menu without starting it, and the Demo lights come on as expected for each game. When I enter a game, lights for that game are on perfectly (Commando). I exit the game, and then the problem starts.
LEDBlinky reverts to my Hyperspin Menu lights, and when I move the wheel to another game, the Demo lights do not appear. I enter a new game, no custom lights. Everything stays on the HSMenu lights.

I also have custom lights for NES and SNES emulators, and when I enter those wheels, the Demo lights for the game dont appear either. Am I wrong in thinking that Demo lights are reserved for Mame only, or for all emulators? When I enter a SNES or NES game, the lights for that system come on.

I was thinking Xpadder might be the issue? My Xpadder for some reason keeps flashing the screen, and causing HS to lose focus. I looked at the LEDBlinky log, and noticed a few things in there I've not seen in previous tests. Any insight you can provide would be most grateful.

My Debug.zip is attached.

Looking through the log, everything seems fine prior to running Commando. After quitting Commando it seems like HS is sending LEDBlinky additional GameQuit commands while scrolling through the lists - this is why the demo mode is not working. When HS loses focus it will send a GameQuit command. I'm not sure why this is happening with your configuration although Xpadder is a possible cause.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #997 on: July 10, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »
I thought so. The f*#%^n xpadder keeps flashing in and out. Thanks for the reply though! With further testing it works half the time, then other times it doesn't. Thanks!

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #998 on: July 15, 2015, 07:46:26 pm »
Ive got LEDBlinky working like a charm, and have a question, or possible suggestion.

Audio Animation
Is there a way to set it for the FE intro? My intro video has music, and if I try to make an animation, if the video is skipped, the animation will still follow through to the end. Either can we have Audio Animation as a FE Startup Animation, or cancel the Startup Animation if the video is skipped?

Also, might there be a way to make different colored Audio Animations? I use AudioAnimation during gameplay to light the buttons not being used, and I would love to be able to change the colors to match the game being played.

Thanks for a great app, and look forward to advancements in the program!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #999 on: July 15, 2015, 09:42:11 pm »
Ive got LEDBlinky working like a charm, and have a question, or possible suggestion.

Audio Animation
Is there a way to set it for the FE intro? My intro video has music, and if I try to make an animation, if the video is skipped, the animation will still follow through to the end. Either can we have Audio Animation as a FE Startup Animation, or cancel the Startup Animation if the video is skipped?

Also, might there be a way to make different colored Audio Animations? I use AudioAnimation during gameplay to light the buttons not being used, and I would love to be able to change the colors to match the game being played.

Thanks for a great app, and look forward to advancements in the program!

Hi,
I'll look into adding an option to use an audio animation for the FE Startup in a future release.

As for the Game Play animation - you can create game specific animations. Check the ...\LEDBlinky\lwa\GameSpecific\info.txt file for help with this. Using this feature you could create a set of different colored animations and then assign them individually to the games. Depending on how many games you have this could be a bit of work. Any game that doesn't have a specific animation will use the default.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction