Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (379/413) > >>

arzoo:

--- Quote from: MydknyteStyrm on July 10, 2022, 10:56:11 pm ---Hello. Long time LEDBlinky user, but having trouble incorporating it into my LB/BB setup. I used Hyperspin for the last ten years, and colored every single game on my own since I wasnt a fan of the set colors in the ini. files. I have successfully incorporated LedBlinky into my new frontend, but the issue I am having is that my colors are showing up on different buttons than what I set. In the ControlEditor.exe I see everything work as expected, but it doesnt when LB or BB are working. The colors are right but on the wrong buttons.

I then reinstalled the newest version of LEDBlinky, made a new map, and colored my first game. Nothing shows up at all!

I am also getting a BASS Recording Failed error even though I see the StereoMix and it is set to default.

Im at a loss. I had a handle on this program years ago but I cant figure out why my buttons are all over the place. My Debug.zip is attached. Thanks in advance for any ideas or help.

--- End quote ---

I've responded via email.

theholmesplace:
Hoping someone can clue me into the obvious that I'm likely missing. I've searched, researched, and watched videos and I just can't seem to figure this out. Ultimately, I don't really know what to search for to find if others have ran across either of these issues before.

1st issue: When I exit a game, it would be lovely if LEDBlinky reverted back right away to my setting of "Demo game controls", but this doesn't happen. The LEDs just all turn off until I change to a different game. I thought maybe MAME was sending it's stop signal (if that's what LEDBlinky relies on), but this occurs on other emulators as well. Is this a setting that I'm missing? Or is this just not possible?

2nd issue: When I launch a game within another emulator, such as Nintendo Entertainment System, all LEDs turn white once the game is loaded. Within HyperSpin (the FE I'm using) the B and A buttons light up red and nothing else lights up, and when I start the game I have the voice even read off the controls and they blink red for A and B, but then all LEDs turn white. I looked at the Control config and the default setting for that system is B and A set to red only. So why would it revert to all white? Hopefully it's some simple thing I'm missing and someone can clue me in, thank you very much.

BTW, the FAQ section on LEDBlinky has got to be one of the best and most useful FAQs I've ever seen! Wow! I've always viewed FAQ sections on websites as jokes, but LEDBlinky's FAQ section actually helped me solve like 3 other issues I had while setting this up. Very nice to see great documentation!

theholmesplace:
Think I figured out finally why the buttons are turning white. To me it feels like unexpected behavior. I launch an NES game and it goes and uses MAME default colors that were set specifically for each button by RocketBlinky....

Need to run more tests though to verify this, and at the moment I'm exhausted. Will report back.

arzoo:

--- Quote from: theholmesplace on July 12, 2022, 12:23:27 am ---1st issue: When I exit a game, it would be lovely if LEDBlinky reverted back right away to my setting of "Demo game controls", but this doesn't happen. The LEDs just all turn off until I change to a different game. I thought maybe MAME was sending it's stop signal (if that's what LEDBlinky relies on), but this occurs on other emulators as well. Is this a setting that I'm missing? Or is this just not possible?

2nd issue: When I launch a game within another emulator, such as Nintendo Entertainment System, all LEDs turn white once the game is loaded. Within HyperSpin (the FE I'm using) the B and A buttons light up red and nothing else lights up, and when I start the game I have the voice even read off the controls and they blink red for A and B, but then all LEDs turn white. I looked at the Control config and the default setting for that system is B and A set to red only. So why would it revert to all white? Hopefully it's some simple thing I'm missing and someone can clue me in, thank you very much.

BTW, the FAQ section on LEDBlinky has got to be one of the best and most useful FAQs I've ever seen! Wow! I've always viewed FAQ sections on websites as jokes, but LEDBlinky's FAQ section actually helped me solve like 3 other issues I had while setting this up. Very nice to see great documentation!

--- End quote ---

For the 1st issue; when LEDBlinky exits the game active mode, it will revert back to the FE configuration, usually lighting the FE buttons or running the FE Active animation (if configured to do so). If you don't have either of those options enabled, then nothing will light up. The Demo Mode only lights the game controls for a few seconds as you scroll through game lists. So unfortunately what you're asking is not how LEDBlinky works.

For the 2nd issue I would have to see a debug log to figure out what's happening. If I had to take a guess I would say maybe the LED ports for one or more buttons are assigned the same input codes and LEDBlinky is using the second (wrong) button colors, but that's just a guess. Email me the debug.log and I'll take a look.

Glad you found the FAQ useful, thanks!

theholmesplace:
Thanks for the reply Arzoo!

Yeah, on issue 1, yesterday evening I began realizing that I'm trying to have it do something that it doesn't. Then thought about it abit more, and doing that is just kind of silly anyways, as I will eventually set up FE controls anyways. So likely a non-issue. I just haven't done it yet because I don't have all of my buttons quite installed at this time.

On issue 2, I'll get you the debug log, sorry. I thought about attaching it, but thought it was just an option that I was missing at first. As far as buttons being assigned to the same port, thats a good thought. Let me look, but I'll get you the debug file anyways here in a few moments.

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version