Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Capcom "Frame Perfect" mini sticks  (Read 3634 times)

armad1ll0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2012, 12:24:57 pm
  • The player and the builder!
    • Modeverything
Capcom "Frame Perfect" mini sticks
« on: April 25, 2003, 04:55:21 am »
I decided that my next pair of sticks would be called the Capcom "Frame Perfect" mini sticks. I'm now working pretty much off of these nice RedOctane.com boxes that I get for really cheap. I picked up two sets of Sanwa Japanese sticks from the Capcom Arcade division. (other side of the building) It turns out that they only sell US style sticks but had taken a bunch of Sanwa (ball top japanese style) sticks out of Japanese cabs that came over. They sat in a box and now a bunch of them belong to me for cheap! nice. With the RedOctane box, new Sony PSX encoder boards, Happ competition buttons, and a Capcom blue arcade overlay...  it's going to be Sweet! The arcade technician has been giving me some parts here and there cause I show him pictures of stuff that I've built and he thinks that it's cool.

I have a different build style from other people. My goal is always to make you feel like you have a piece of the arcade just choped off a machine and sitting in your lap. I really don't like game specific artwork all over the place. What if I want to play SoulCaliber or VF3 or "Dead or Alive" or PowerStone or Samurai Showdown 2 or...

"Frame Perfect" means that you have timing that's down to the frame of animation in the game code. Some moves need to be Frame Perfect to get off, so you need a stick that's so accurate that you'll be able to do the move every time.

Anyone that's held a Japanese stick will know why they are just better. They are more accurate with smaller movements. They may take a bit to get used to but in the end, you'll rule them all.

Maybe I'll have pics next week!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 04:43:16 am by armad1ll0 »

armad1ll0

• Offline Offline
    • Modeverything
Re:Capcom "Frame Perfect" mini sticks
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 05:00:08 am »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 05:00:28 am by armad1ll0 »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 06:29:45 am »
I really like that long stem balltop stick. I don't have any like that. (Well, I do have a pair like that, but they are not shiny, and they are four way, which makes them good for basically nothing but Tetris type games.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

armad1ll0

• Offline Offline
    • Modeverything
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 01:39:15 am »
I got these Sanwa sticks from Ultimarc
I just swapped the balls out for the blue ones.

They come with a longer shaft than some of the other japanese sticks.

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 01:49:41 am »
I see a lot of guys selling repro long stem handles on ebay. I just never went for any because I am unsure if any of those will fit any of the bases I have. (I have a bunch of leaf bases that I THINK are Wico, but I am not 100 percent sure about).
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

CthulhuLuke

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 06:42:43 pm
  • old school
    • CthulhuLuke's Arcade Parodius
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 03:38:40 am »
Sanwa joysticks are a lot different than the j-stiks off ultimarcs sight, but they feel pretty close to each other from what I hear.  Some sanwa josyticks actually have a circuit board connected to the quick disconnects, and it leads to 5 outputs sort of like the perfect 360s layout.  Sanwa's also have weird restrictor plates on the bottom, as where the j-stik is nice and easy, cause all you do is turn that plastic thing on the bottom.
   The stick looks good, I like the color swapping on the buttons for sure.  You might not consider having those joysticks right next to the Red Octanes if you want to worry about copyright issues, since you know, you are basically selling THEIR joysticks and all ^_^  just a note ya know.
     -Luke
ps:  JESUS CHRIST!!  Paige, stop with the post spams, you already have more posts than me, and I've been here like a year.  Just take a breather, maybe lay off the mouse for a bit, switch to de-caf, the works.

armad1ll0

• Offline Offline
    • Modeverything
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 04:53:33 am »
Seimitsu and not Sanwa is what you are thinking about. The J-stick is actually just a Sanwa renamed. I ordered them from Ultimarc and they say Sanwa on there so go figure. I'm holding both types right here so do trust me... Some sanwas have the 4-8 way switch on the bottom that you rotate, yes. The Seimitsu's have one that you unscrew and slide over.

Don't worry about copy rights, I know what I'm doing. I am consulting to them and they sold them to me to modify knowing that I was modifying them. I don't undercut them so go figure... The Capcom "FP" mini is for me actually... when my friend goes back to Japan I'll have to have her order some Yellow ball tops from Sanwa. It's like impossible to order from their site because of the way that the Japanese do business. They don't take credit card. You send cash (Yen) or a bank order for stuff. I'll cost me a bank just to get replacement color balls in yellow that basically cost a buck!

Look for yourself.

http://www.sanwa-d.co.jp/p_joy-stick3.htm

http://www.seimitsu.co.jp/~seimitsu/cgi-bin/main.cgi?fname=/mnt/ftp/home/seimitsu/public_html/joystick/index2.html&tmpfile=/mnt/ftp/home/seimitsu/public_html/cgi-bin/spool/1051579166

kspiff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2016, 09:15:36 pm
  • Love of the game, baby.. love of the game..
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 04:57:51 am »
I remember seeing/drooling over these sticks at coinopexpress.. but seem to remember something about an insane minimum quantity..
k-spiff

paigeoliver

• Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 06:25:30 am »
I remember seeing/drooling over these sticks at coinopexpress.. but seem to remember something about an insane minimum quantity..

Coinopexpress has a big minimum order. I wanted to buy a Uo Poko PCB from them, but I would have had to get like $250 more worth of stuff to round out my order, and then then pay by bank transer or something, and I don't have a bank account, so that wasn't happening.

kspiff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2016, 09:15:36 pm
  • Love of the game, baby.. love of the game..
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2003, 08:31:00 am »
Aw, man.. a minimum order in the hundreds?  I was hoping to order a board or two from them..

I wonder if they'll give me close to what they charge for Pac-Land PCBs for mine (remember it was like $400) ::)
k-spiff

armad1ll0

• Offline Offline
    • Modeverything
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 04:42:37 am »
attached another picture now...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2003, 04:44:14 am by armad1ll0 »