Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ok i see cabinet plans but where are the control panel designs??  (Read 713 times)

robot8319

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2009, 11:22:02 pm
ok i see cabinet plans but where are the control panel designs??
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:11:14 pm »
i am looking to build  my own 40 inch 3 player control panel anyone got any plans for this??

also how much clearance in the housing of the panel is need for buttons and joysticks??

i was thinking maybe 5 inches?

so i am looking at something like this..

40" long
15" width
5" top to bottom

are these a good idea" i want to have as much  room as possible when playing.

any pointers? i want something huge not all cramped up.

Kajoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:22:29 pm
Re: ok i see cabinet plans but where are the control panel designs??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:27:03 pm »

Here is the CP that came on the SF3 cabinet I bought.  I'm pretty sure it was originally for Knights of the Round (3 player)

This CP is ~36" wide and with the angling gives all 3 players a good view of the screen and plenty of shoulder room.

If you extended it out another 4" to meet your 40" number, it would be even better on the space