Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Question about an Party Animal pinball I picked up  (Read 9863 times)

2PacMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2009, 08:33:45 am
  • PacMan collection
Re: Question about an Party Animal pinball I picked up
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2007, 01:48:03 pm »
I got them working!!  It took me five hours on Sat. night.  I just told myself i'm not leaving until I get these lights working.  Well, I feel kind of stupid, but there were two fuses way at the bottom of the playfield that control the flasher, like cakemaster said, and i did not see them at all until I ran all these tests.  Chad's advice was correct too, as there were two wires that controlled the flashers.  One controlled 4, the other controlled 3.  And each respective wire ran to a fuse.  I saw the fuse near the top of the playfield, like all pinballs have, but I didn't know this one had two more way in the back.  I cut wires, swapped bulb sockets, etc, etc......finally I traced the wires all the way in the back of the playfield and found the fuses.  Sure enough, one was out.  It was a 1 amp.  So I replaced it.  Then all the flashers worked but one.  So I traced those wires around and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working.  And then this is the weird part.  I took a jumper wire and just bypassed the next flasher in the daisy chain and wired it straight to the next bulb in line, and it worked!  Then i pulled the jumper wire off because i was going to solder it in, and this time the bulb continued to work without the jumper wire.  I did blow the bulb in the socket that I jumpered it to, but after I replaced that bulb, everything worked!  So i'm not sure exactly how I got to where I am, but all i know is now everything works, and the game is so much more fun to play with all 7 flashers working instead of just 2.  They flash to the music and scoring and look real neat.  Thanks everyone for your help/suggestions.  I'm learning more and more everytime I get a new pinball.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:50:31 pm by 2PacMan »

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2007, 01:56:26 pm »

Cool, and always feels good to get it fixed yourself.

Buddabing

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
I have changed my nickname to "Cakemeister". Please do not PM the Buddabing account because I do not check it anymore.

Please read the wiki!