Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wierdness ordering a LCD topgun...  (Read 947 times)

knave

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2023, 03:32:33 pm
Wierdness ordering a LCD topgun...
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:08:10 pm »
It was wierd, After all the reading I've done about the LCD Topgun and a round of Area 51 at the arcade last night, I went to check them out.  Play asia had them on special for $27...I added one to my cart and then went to check something else...Sadly when I returned the price...even in my cart was back up to $34.

I understand it was "for a limited time only" but it was literaly minutes.

I decided I can wait a bit more...who know's perhaps I'll catch the mystery special again.

Green Giant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2016, 06:50:57 pm
Re: Wierdness ordering a LCD topgun...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 02:20:13 pm »
Its probably good old asian business working.  Sort of like Best Buy.  You tell the person one price that they think they are paying.  Noone really reviews their shopping cart, they just checkout.  Then after you pay, you will see you ended up paying too much, but it is too late to cancel.  Unlike Best Buy, playasia can't get sued by some american lawyer.  Assuming they keep sony happy, they are in the clear.
"He lives down there in his valley,
The cat stands tall and green,
Well, he ain't no prize, and there's no women his size,
And that's why the cat's so mean"
Toxic Arcade, my first build

moriartyds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2007, 09:09:39 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 10:59:07 am »
Despite the odd price changing and the shipping costs, myself and many others have ordered here through Play Asia so they seem pretty reliable as far as getting your stuff.

knave

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2023, 03:32:33 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:52:54 am »
I really don't think there was any funny buisness involved...beyond the sale dissapearing.  I had added the item in my cart and it was listed as the sale price in my cart but when I went back to look at a few other things the sale went away.  Kinda sucks but I don't think they were out to screw me.  I'm just hoping I can find/luck into the sale price again.

Who knows...thankfully I'm not in a hurry.

lanman31337

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2024, 10:36:50 am
  • set to ludacris speed!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 12:44:44 pm »
Sale price is back up!