Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky and Analog controls question.  (Read 1383 times)

DaveMMR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
LEDBlinky and Analog controls question.
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:04:27 pm »
I don't know if I'm missing something here so I figured I'd ask.  I'm using the LEDBlinky plugin for Mala.  I generated the input map and my controls light up based on the game selected.  However, I noticed the trackball lights up for analog stick games, even though it's not mapped in MAME.  Is there a way to only have it light up for trackball games and not analog stick games?

Further Info:
I have the mouse mapped to MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_Y in the input map.  I don't see any other selections that'd pertain to a trackball.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky and Analog controls question.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 09:17:23 am »
I don't know if I'm missing something here so I figured I'd ask.  I'm using the LEDBlinky plugin for Mala.  I generated the input map and my controls light up based on the game selected.  However, I noticed the trackball lights up for analog stick games, even though it's not mapped in MAME.  Is there a way to only have it light up for trackball games and not analog stick games?

Further Info:
I have the mouse mapped to MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_Y in the input map.  I don't see any other selections that'd pertain to a trackball.

DaveMMR,
Here's what I think is going on - Mame's default codes for analog sticks include the mouse codes:

P1_AD_STICK_X=|JOYCODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|KEYCODE_LEFT|JOYCODE_1_LEFT
P1_AD_STICK_X_EXT=|JOYCODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|KEYCODE_RIGHT|JOYCODE_1_RIGHT

You can solve the LED problem one of two ways; Edit the Control-Input_mame.ini (in the LEDBlinky folder) and remove the mouse codes from the analog stick entries, OR remap the controls in mame for "All Games" so that the mouse is not used for analog joysticks.

arzoo
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 09:02:46 pm »

Further Info:

DaveMMR,
Here's what I think is going on - Mame's default codes for analog sticks include the mouse codes:

P1_AD_STICK_X=|JOYCODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|KEYCODE_LEFT|JOYCODE_1_LEFT
P1_AD_STICK_X_EXT=|JOYCODE_1_ANALOG_X|MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X|KEYCODE_RIGHT|JOYCODE_1_RIGHT

You can solve the LED problem one of two ways; Edit the Control-Input_mame.ini (in the LEDBlinky folder) and remove the mouse codes from the analog stick entries, OR remap the controls in mame for "All Games" so that the mouse is not used for analog joysticks.

arzoo

I think I tried the second suggestion, but I will definately try the first.  Will let you know how it works once I can get back to my 'cade.  Thanks!

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:01:28 pm »
Works!  And simple too.  Thanks arzoo!