Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Quick and dirty request (should take 5 minutes or less) PLEASE!!  (Read 2639 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:38:31 pm
Quick and dirty request (should take 5 minutes or less) PLEASE!!
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:55:38 pm »
I'm looking for a set of triangles to go around my joystick on my CP.  I will be placing them around a Ultimarc 30 joystick so they have to clear the dust washer by say 1/4" all the way around.  I did a fast mockup but it isn't to scale at all and I was hoping one of you kind souls could make it to scale.  MikeDeuce has been kind enough to make this design into a vinyl decal to go on my CP.

Here's the joystick with the dust washer shown:

And here's my ugly mock-up in paint:

The circular "void" in the middle of the arrows would have to be big enough to clear the washer.

THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:31:53 am by javeryh »

zorg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
Re: Quick and dirty request (should take 5 minutes or less)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 04:51:06 am »
you may want to check the oscar controls gallery http://oscarcontrols.com/gallery01.htm

I'm on the planning stage

javeryh

• Offline Offline
Re: Quick and dirty request (should take 5 minutes or less)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 06:00:06 pm »
Thanks zorg but I didn't see anything there like I pictured.

Anyway, I measured the dust washer that goes around the base of my Ultimarc 360 joystick and it's 2" in diameter.  I'd like the triangles/arrows decal to clear the washer by 1/8" all the way around so the circular void in the center of the arrows should be 2-1/4" in diameter.  I don't have any idea how to use a drawing program other than paint and I'm not sure how to set it so the diameter is exactly 2-1/4" otherwise I'd just do it myself.

Can anyone please help me out???

Oddfeld

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2021, 07:04:15 am
  • I was Jeff Minter's llama!
Re: Quick and dirty request (should take 5 minutes or less) PLEASE!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:13:08 pm »
Here you go - these are PDF compatible Illustrator 10 files. The first one is as you had it, the second one has the inner edges of the triangles curved to follow the edge of the circular void.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 05:35:52 pm »
Here you go - these are PDF compatible Illustrator 10 files. The first one is as you had it, the second one has the inner edges of the triangles curved to follow the edge of the circular void.

Incredible!!  Thank you!!  I like the second one a little better with the curved inner edges.  Anyway, I just realized that when the dust washer moves (when I move the joystick) it will be rubbing over the vinyl decal and might cause problems.  If it's not too much trouble to resize it I'd love the inner diameter to be a little bigger (but I'm not sure the exact size yet!).  I'll have to measure it somehow when I get home.

THANK YOU!!!

Oddfeld

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 07:36:10 pm »
If it's not too much trouble to resize it I'd love the inner diameter to be a little bigger (but I'm not sure the exact size yet!).  I'll have to measure it somehow when I get home.

Just give me some measurements and let me know what you want - e.g., do you want the outer diameter the same as it is now (so the triangles will be smaller) or should this be bigger too (so all the triangles are the same size but pushed out a bit further)?

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 08:45:46 pm »
If it's not too much trouble to resize it I'd love the inner diameter to be a little bigger (but I'm not sure the exact size yet!).  I'll have to measure it somehow when I get home.

Just give me some measurements and let me know what you want - e.g., do you want the outer diameter the same as it is now (so the triangles will be smaller) or should this be bigger too (so all the triangles are the same size but pushed out a bit further)?

Hey Oddfeld... I finally measured everything and I need the interior diameter to be 2-5/8" across.  You can resize the trinagles to be a little bigger if you think it would look nice/proportional.  Otherwise everything is perfect.  Sorry it took so long to get this measurement but real life is always getting in the way!

THANKS!

Oddfeld

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 04:57:22 am »
Hey Oddfeld... I finally measured everything and I need the interior diameter to be 2-5/8" across.  You can resize the trinagles to be a little bigger if you think it would look nice/proportional.

I just didn't know how much CP real estate you had to play with - here's 2 options, one with a bigger outer diameter, one with the same outer diameter as before.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 08:56:09 am »
Hey Oddfeld... I finally measured everything and I need the interior diameter to be 2-5/8" across.  You can resize the trinagles to be a little bigger if you think it would look nice/proportional.

I just didn't know how much CP real estate you had to play with - here's 2 options, one with a bigger outer diameter, one with the same outer diameter as before.

Awesome thanks a lot!  I have a good amount of real estate to play with (I think - about 5" from top to bottom and maybe a little less from side to side.  I'm going to use the larger one that you made.  Here's a picture of my unfinished control panel so you can see what I'm going for:

Thanks again - I'll post pics of the finished product but it's probably going to be a little while...

Deefish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 05:27:17 pm
  • Is there something in my teeth? Look close.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:52:37 am »

Probably to late, but I did some and posted them to Localarcade if you haven't already looked there. Link: http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=1055&mode=search

I probably still have the art file if someone wants to modify it for you.

deefish