Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Grant's Game Grid  (Read 3039 times)

Cue-Ball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2006, 07:43:02 pm
  • Discs of Tron > *
    • Grant's Game Grid
Grant's Game Grid
« on: April 03, 2003, 05:47:49 pm »
Still very much a work in progress (which should be apparent from the pictures).  Right now it's up and running, but several things are not done.  I need to repaint, attach, and wire up the coin doors.  I need to print and mount my custom marquee (hope to do that by this weekend).  I have to make myself a bezel for the monitor, print instructions, finish designing and printing my CP overlay (will look very similar to the DoT control panel), etc., etc., etc.  Eventually i want to get some side art on there, but that will have to wait until everything else is finished and my checking account can recover.  :)

Let me know what you guys think.
grantsgamegrid.freeservers.com

Apologies in advance for the popups you're bound to get.
edit: make sure to check out the "Photos" page to see all the good stuff.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 05:51:54 pm by Cue-Ball »

marcoval

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2004, 02:40:59 pm
  • www.scottishninjas.com
Re:Grant's Game Grid
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 07:54:38 pm »
OMG!!! That side art is absolutely hillarios!!!!! :D I had to bite my tounge to keep from laughing. Ya gotta keep at least parts of that side art!
Every millennium
A warrior emerges.
Trained in the deadly arts of the ninja.
Moving with the swiftness of the wind
Striking with deadly accuracy
They are proud
They are strong
They're Scottish

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 08:14:11 pm »
Heh that sideart is pretty funny - hey if you want to sell it I'm sure Snaaake would take it off your hands, since it's the predecessor to his favorite game  :)   (why oh why do I remember useless crap like this...? )

Mamezilla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 05:37:24 am
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 08:50:27 pm »
Nice work Cue-Ball.  Could you give the measurements of the control panel ?  That layout is something I might consider for my panel.   Thanks.
Don't throw rocks to a man with a machine gun
-- Rowdy Roddy Piper --

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 09:22:12 pm »
Heh that sideart is pretty funny - hey if you want to sell it I'm sure Snaaake would take it off your hands, since it's the predecessor to his favorite game  :)   (why oh why do I remember useless crap like this...? )

naw..its okay game..it just that it was sooooo nice at the time..i hardly played because i was like 7 or somethin..(couldn't reach the panel :()

So basiclly all i remember is colorfull people and lot of chair,table smashing and stuff..never saw the game again ever...

Hopefully next release !  :D

BUT if i were to buy any side art for real,I would go for Cadillacs and Dinosaurs(this game..man.. !..totally awsome !  :D).

« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 09:25:44 pm by SNAAAKE »

Cue-Ball

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 28, 2006, 07:43:02 pm
  • Discs of Tron > *
    • Grant's Game Grid
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 11:08:47 pm »
OMG!!! That side art is absolutely hillarios!!!!!  I had to bite my tounge to keep from laughing. Ya gotta keep at least parts of that side art!

I actually thought about saving some of it but it came off in really small strips and was fairly torn up to begin with.  Maybe i should have named my cab "The Bumblebee" and i could have used that guy with the goggles as my mascot.  ;D

Nice work Cue-Ball.  Could you give the measurements of the control panel ?  That layout is something I might consider for my panel.   Thanks.

Thanks for the compliments.  My control panel is ~37" x 14".  It has about 2" of unusable space on the front and both sides (overhang combined with the thickness of the MDF).  Portions of the top have about 4" of unusable space due to the location of the locking mechanisms.  Still a heck of a lot of space though.  I've got quite a bit of stuff on there with space to spare.  This is the same size as the standard Rampage/Simpsons/X-Men CP also.