Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Galaxian CP = Galaga CP ?  (Read 1103 times)

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
Galaxian CP = Galaga CP ?
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:16:32 pm »
I've been looking at several sites like quarterarcade.com and mikesarcade.com and both sell replacement metal CP's for Galaga machines. For some strange reason they do not sell Galaxian CPs however. Since the cabs are (almost ?) identical, I thought that the CP's had a good chance of also being the same. As far as I can see, the holes for joystick and buttons are identical. However, the Galaga has two small holes for (I guess) the strikes (clamps ?) near eachother on each side. Also, there are holes for the joystick.

The Galaxian CP has wood underneath. From what I see at the Galaga CP I am assuming that it's a metal-only CP. Is this correct ? And even so, are the sizes of the metal part of the CP's the same on Galaxian and Galaga ?

I hope that it's possible to put a Galaga metal CP over the Galaxian wood. This would be cheaper than having my current metal CP sandblasted and powdercoated....

Thanks !

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
Re: Galaxian CP = Galaga CP ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:17:51 am »
Or.....could someone with an original Galaga (or Ms.Pac Man) measure the dimensions of the CP ?

That would be great ! Thanks !

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
Re: Galaxian CP = Galaga CP ?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:27:36 am »
Peale, sorry for posting this in the wrong section.....anyway....no-one seems to know this anyway....