Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: So oceancube is OFFICIALLY ripping me off here, what can I do ??  (Read 5161 times)

Hoagie_one

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2020, 12:36:28 pm
  • Um....whats a cabinet
Re: So oceancube is OFFICIALLY ripping me off here, what can I do ??
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 08:55:11 am »
wow

Stingray

• Official Slacker - I promise to try a lot less
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 09:03:36 am »
Snake, almost any seller be it here, ebay or a retailer would require you to send the incorrect item back before they would send you another one. The guy offered to do this and you acted like it was the most outlandish offer you had ever heard. I don't get that response at all. A mistake was made, you're the one acting like an ass. You're really taking a chance at getting yourself banned again with this hostility.

You paid $200. You have an item that's easily worth $200 in your hands. You were not scammed. If you had used any degree of civility in your approach to this problem you'd probably already have a 1.5 on it's way to you.

-S
Stingray you magnificent bastard!
This place is dead lately.  Stingray scare everyone off?

SNAAKE

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2024, 12:21:50 pm
  • my joystick is bigger than your joystick !
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 09:10:41 am »
I simply couldnt trust the guy after he sent the wrong version on AND torn earbuds. These are not "MISTAKES" and blatent lies and scam attempt. I wanted to do the cross ship and he said no. I couldnt really do much if I sent the psp and he never send another one back to me. paypal would still give me the same crap they are giving me now. they are telling me "you got the psp and thats it". I've been trying to get the exchange but I wanted to make sure paypal agrees to this first. And guess what, PAYPAL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND. maybe it had something to do with him sending in this complete BS story to paypal, they are thinking I am just trying to get another psp from him and he did nothing wrong here.

Here is the story he wrote to paypal for those of you missed it.
"dear paypal, sold a working sony psp handheld system on byoab.com to a member which is the one im filing with, well, i sent out psp via usps priority mail, so he recived items and then emails me telling me that he wont be able to mod that sony psp, so asks for a refund, i told him i could not refund him the money unless the sony psp was broken which it wasen't, he complained about not being able to play emulated games and using pirated games on it, i never mentioned to him anything about using it for that purpose but only to be able to play it like it's meant to play with umd movies and umd psp games,not pirated games which is illeagle. i told him noway he had the right to ask for a refund for that purpose,now im stuck with this and he's been pm'ing me and threating me that "I WILL GIVE HIM A REFUND" so i really dont know what to say about it, therefore i leave it to you guys to do your job!!THANKS AGAIN PAYPAL.... ANGELA M. RAMOS"

This is WHY I couldnt trust the guy, he is lying about pretty much everything. I would have retured the damn psp for an exchange if he agreed to do the exchange THROUGH paypal. He could have wrote "ok send back the psp and I will send you another one" and I would have been safe that way but no, INSTEAD he decides to write a nice story to paypal.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 09:19:07 am by SNAAKE »

escher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2021, 12:18:21 am
  • Out of the game for way too long
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 09:22:57 am »
I couldnt really do much if I sent the psp and he never send another one back to me. paypal would still give me the same crap they are giving me now. they are telling me "you got the psp and thats it". I've been trying to get the exchange but I wanted to make sure paypal agrees to this first. And guess what, PAYPAL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND. maybe it had something to do with him sending in this complete BS story to paypal, they are thinking I am just trying to get another psp from him and he did nothing wrong here.

That's wrong.  As many people have pointed out, if you had proof that you shipped it back, PayPal would almost certainly refund your money.  At that point, you were not in possession of the PSP you paid for.

Also, you really are acting like a royal jackass.  If you're acting at all like this to PayPal, I'm not surprised they're being unresponsive.

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 09:42:53 am »
YOU are wrong. paypal doesnt "UNDERSTAND" the situation. they took care of the matter according to the little story OC sent them which is 100% BS. If I sent the psp back then they would still give me the exact same crap they are giving me now. read their damn policy before acting up. they dont care about an exchange and ONLY way this would have worked is if OC accepted my dispuite and agreed for an exchange through paypal instead of writing some BS story so he doesnt have to exchange the psp. sure he said he would exchange the psp here but I couldnt trust him after all the lies and dishonesty, it had to be THROUGH paypal.

HOW DO I KNOW HE WAS GONNA SEND ME THE 1.5 PSP ?? he already lied about everything and no one here will back up him about being an honest seller. he doesnt have a single positive feedback or somesort here(taking a guess of course). you can ask me the same question but I did business with countless # of people around here without any problems.

I wont even bother explaining anymore..lot of you dont have common sense.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:00:34 am by SNAAKE »

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 10:00:17 am »
The problem is you are dealing with a most likely honest, yet maybe not the most competent seller. If you wouldn't have flown off the handle, maybe things would have worked out better for you. I am currently dealing with a damaged product dispute with a guy from ebay. I never dragged it out in public, I presented my case to the guy, and have even offered to pay return shipping. He is quite willing to work with me. Just because you are the buyer, you are not entitled to be a total dick to the seller. Remember that young grasshopper.

Now, will somepne please lock up this thread??

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 10:06:34 am »
but you are taking a guess. to me, he is NOT honest about anything. so far he lied about everything.

lets skip the the wrong version psp for once but whats up with the torn earbuds that only has the left side ?? honest selller would have mentioned this before accepting the payment. you cant just sell damaged goods as "in good condition". broken ear piece with only left is NOT "in good condition".

something to think about eh ::)

escher

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2021, 12:18:21 am
  • Out of the game for way too long
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 10:28:29 am »
lets skip the the wrong version psp for once but whats up with the torn earbuds that only has the left side ?? honest selller would have mentioned this before accepting the payment. you cant just sell damaged goods as "in good condition". broken ear piece with only left is NOT "in good condition".

Or maybe he didn't use them and didn't notice.  As the saying goes, "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity."  In this case, I'd call it inattentiveness and/or incomptence instead of stupidity, but it still fits.

Your attitude is completely overboard and inappropriate.  In situations like this, tact, humility, and patience go much further than yelling, name-calling, and attempts at public humiliation/ridicule.

Havoc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2010, 07:07:27 pm
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 10:41:58 am »
Your attitude is completely overboard and inappropriate.  In situations like this, tact, humility, and patience go much further than yelling, name-calling, and attempts at public humiliation/ridicule.

Agreed, catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.  I think if OC was a true scammer you wouldnt either have a product or if you did you would never hear from them again.

Is there soemthing I am missing with the earbuds? Does sony offer some special type or are these the same one you can pick up for $4.99 at best buy? To me that would be a non-issue conisdering you have a almost new device which would have cost a substantial amount more if bought through a store.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 10:47:35 am »
Ok, lets get onto the more important questions to try and fix this. Here goes:

How much was the free shipping?
Does it fit in your basement?
Doez it haves all the rommzors?

Post hell, here we come. At least I hope. There is no longer any productive use coming out of this thread. Please banish it.

You have a mint condition PSP with a 1 gig memory card. Sell it to some uneducated schmuck in your neighborhood for $250. DAG GONE, you can stand to make a profit on this bad experience! The guy did you a favor!!!

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 11:04:20 am »

What is the difference between a 1.5 and a 2.6?  The ability to pirate games? 

Who the hell is going to feel bad about that?

The reasonable solutions are on the table.  Snaake needs to use one of them or STFU.  Stop acting like you got ripped off because you can't use this PSP yet to play a brazillian r0mz0rs.

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2006, 11:06:36 am »

What is the difference between a 1.5 and a 2.6?  The ability to pirate games? 

That's the only reason I know of to even care what version your PSP is.

Although I'm sure the words "homebrew" and "emulators" will also be thrown around, everyone knows what this is really all about.

-S

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2018, 04:45:32 am
  • Sober until banned. Can post but still can't read.
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2006, 11:22:38 am »
SNAAACK, you are being very unreasonable.

I had a transaction on ebay go wrong a long time ago. I bought an SNES game at a considerable price and it turned out to be a bootleg.

My first reaction wa to lose it at the seller (which I did and regreted later). The guy was cool about it, asked me to send the game back (which I did) for which he gave me a refund. Now this a a bloke I NEVER had contact with on any forums and he did the right thing by me.

Be more trusting of the members here. The chances of another Harpal showing u is VERY slim.

I'm sure if you didn't have your little hissy-fit, oceancube would have settled the matters and you could have been GameZ0ring on your PSP 1.5 in no time.

This is YOUR fault 99% and I wouldn't be surprised is the Almighty Holy One (A.H.O.le for short. Wink Wink Saint  ;) ) will send you back to ban hell for stiring up trouble.

Rot in 2.6 hell.  >:D
Now in a tasty new flavour.

SNAAKE

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 11:34:39 am »
I am gonna start selling computers around here, I will sell them as 5ghz computers but I will send a 100mhz that doesnt run "019230912 illeggallzz romzxzorss" then I will just tell you things you like "you never ask about what kind of computer it was even though my thread says its a 5ghz" and "you were buying the 5hz computer to play illegal roms anyway and I cant let that happend so I MUST rip you off"

you guys sound THAT stupid when you bring up piracy here or even try to make it look like its my fault ::)

no one's sending me to ban hell either. Only should be banned is oceancube for false advertizing and sending me a wrong version of psp + broken earbuds. These are not mistakes, its called RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 11:41:59 am by SNAAKE »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 11:39:03 am »

Not at all but you clearly don't get the concept, the point, or reality here.

The only difference between those two PSPs is the bios.  So why would that matter?  What does 1.5 allow that 2.6 does not?  Connecting these dots ain't that hard.

Stingray

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 11:41:20 am »
I am gonna start selling computers around here, I will sell them as 5ghz computers but I will send a 100mhz

Not even close to the same thing, and you're well aware of that. A 5ghz computer isn't anything even close to a 100 mhz computer. A 1.5 and 2.6 PSP are essentially the same thing. As a matter of fact, a 2.6 will run more legitimately purchased games than a 1.5 will. You got a newer version than you expected. Oceancube may or may not have made a legitimate mistake, but you never gave him a chance to make it right.

For whatever it's worth I have a 1.5 PSP and it's a 1.5 for the same reason that you want a 1.5. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, I'm just trying to point out that your people skills suck.

-S

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 11:47:33 am »
Call it a hunch but SN333KE sin't going to listen to reason.

Whatever chance he had to straighten out this mis-understanding is long gone and it ain't coming back.

shardian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 11:56:27 am »
Ok Saint, please just tell us what we have to post here to get this sent to post hell.

This is way past the point of being relevant to the bst forum.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 11:59:02 am »

Just post a lemonparty.  That will do it. 

2PacMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2009, 08:33:45 am
  • PacMan collection
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 12:01:11 pm »
As someone stated earlier, if you buy a defective product from a local retailer, you return the product, then you get the refund.  You don't come in, have the store give you money, then go home and get the product.  I work retail, and we get people like this sometimes.  "You guys sold me a broken DVD player, i live 20 miles away, you guys need to come get it, i'm not coming back to the store blah, blah"  Just ridiculous.  Sellers will be glad to help out a disgruntled buyer, but sometimes buyers just act unreasonable.  

One point that i see yet to have mentioned, is how can OC trust SNAAAKE.  If he would have sent him the 1.5 PSP, who's to say SNAAAKE wouldn't have just kept them both?  I know he wouldn't have, just like I know OC wouldn't have kept both, but I can definately see OC's side in this.   I sure wouldn't have sent the guy 2 PSPs w/o getting the first one back.  The only thing OC should have done was offer to cover the return shipping, since it was his initial mess up, that's it.   Of course i certainly wouldn't do it now after this behavior.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:04:20 pm by 2PacMan »

dek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2011, 01:23:33 am
  • Banana Cognac!
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 12:03:29 pm »

no one's sending me to ban hell either.

Wow, you became a mod as well, sweet!

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 12:08:39 pm »

no one's sending me to ban hell either.

Wow, you became a mod as well, sweet!

and its even funnier coming from someone who's already been banned once.
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 12:14:43 pm »
ban him again just so he has to re-register with one less A in his username.  ;D

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 12:19:27 pm »
ban the whole forum... that'll teach em allright......

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:38:40 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 12:21:49 pm »
*Please* find your caps-lock button. It's under the tab key on the left.

OKAY SNAKE PLS STOP THIS ALREADY , I ANSWERED ALL 3 PM'S, NOW IM IGNORING YOUR PM'S, YOUR STARTING A REALLY BAD REPUTATION FOR ME OR AT LEAST TRYING TO. I ALREADY PM'ED YOU LIKE 5 TIMES TONIGHT ALONE, ENOUGH PLS STOP THIS,AND NOW I SHOULD BE BANNED. MAN YOUR REALLY A CRUEL PERSON.... IM DONE WITH YOUR POSTS, I THINK YOU ENJOY TRYING TO PUSH A BUTTON, BUT I WILL NOT LET YOU, I WILL JUST IGNORE ALL YOUR POST TOPICS FROM NOW ON!!!
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 12:23:25 pm »
OK I FOUND IT. NOW WHAT?

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 12:23:41 pm »
I saw Saint had made a reply & I was like "aw crap" I figured post hell, I have been hitting refresh all morning, I guess I really should get back to work
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Harry Potter

• Smite-bait
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 12:26:43 pm »
I guess I really should get back to work

Blasphemer.

pointdablame

• I think Drew is behind this conspiracy...
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2023, 09:11:07 pm
  • Saint and Woogie let me back in!
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 12:28:17 pm »
*Please* find your caps-lock button. It's under the tab key on the left.

OKAY SNAKE PLS STOP THIS ALREADY , I ANSWERED ALL 3 PM'S, NOW IM IGNORING YOUR PM'S, YOUR STARTING A REALLY BAD REPUTATION FOR ME OR AT LEAST TRYING TO. I ALREADY PM'ED YOU LIKE 5 TIMES TONIGHT ALONE, ENOUGH PLS STOP THIS,AND NOW I SHOULD BE BANNED. MAN YOUR REALLY A CRUEL PERSON.... IM DONE WITH YOUR POSTS, I THINK YOU ENJOY TRYING TO PUSH A BUTTON, BUT I WILL NOT LET YOU, I WILL JUST IGNORE ALL YOUR POST TOPICS FROM NOW ON!!!

;D ;D
first off your and idiot

Man I love the internet, haha.

saint

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 12:30:09 pm »
Now, get some vaseline . . .  >:D

OK I FOUND IT. NOW WHAT?
--- John St.Clair
     Project Arcade 2!
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

saint

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2006, 12:31:27 pm »
Reading this thread this time I lost 20 IQ points, started bleeding out of my eyes, and developed a twitch. No more threads on this subject please - thanks!

:timebomb:  :timebomb:  :timebomb:  :timebomb:  :timebomb:
--- John St.Clair
     Project Arcade 2!
     saint@arcadecontrols.com