Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MALA exacute help  (Read 11676 times)

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
Re: MALA exacute help
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 07:15:07 pm »
Installed mala now it launches mame with the game list it seems to work. Thank you for your help no way in hell i would of been able to do this on my own. One thing has anyone ever seen the problem of the game minimizes in the middle of play or when ever it feels like it?

Are you accidentally hitting the 'windows' key?

Are windows pop-up messages causing this?

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 08:28:16 pm »
It is good to know most everything is working for you now ....

As for the minimize problem .... I would assume the problem is due to some spyware software on your computer.  I have had this happen to me a couple of times.   Does the minimizing of applications just occurs after a game is started or do you notice it with other programs suddenly becoming minimized (ie: email program, web browsers, etc....).   I would recommend doing a complete shutdown of your system and then power it on again but do not manually start any programs, just let the computer start all the processes it normal does when you reboot.   Then once it is done booting up, do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and select "Task Manager".    You then can click the processes tab.   Sort the list by the UserName column and then post all processes running under your username.   We can then see if there is any spyware running on your machine. 

If it is not spyware, then I would assume another program is trying to become active after 1 to 2 minutes .... and when a program is fullscreen (which Mala would be) then it minimizes it.    Perhaps an email program is trying to check for email every couple of minutes or something.   Perhaps turn off (disable) any virus protection software you might have running and see if that solves the problem.

If all else fails I would recommend starting a new thread in the "Main" BYOAC forum .... not just this "Software" forum.   You will most likely get more responses.

Good rule of thumb .... never install anything to the desktop. 

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 09:50:10 pm by unclet »

gamecreature

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2008, 08:35:37 pm
  • I'm making this up as I go along.
    • Gamecreature
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 09:48:00 am »
If you suspect you have spyware, I reccomend using Adaware to clean it up. It's free from most sites, like CNet.com
Make your cabinet look its best with custom art from
Gamecreature!

MARINE1142

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2009, 03:00:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 10:34:26 am »
When i run thetask manager in the process there is this pokapoka79.exe running dont know what it is what it belongs too but when i try to end task on it, it just comes back up. Does anyone know what this is,do i need it? This pc is for MAME only no other programs needed.

Thank you to loadman and unclet for all your help and support could not of done this with out you guys thank you again.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:37:39 am by MARINE1142 »

unclet

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 10:40:40 am »
No problem .... glad to help when I can ......

As for your SpyWare problem  ..... found this on the web when searching on "pokapoka79.exe":

"pokapoka79.exe is a process associated with "EliteBar Adware" is an advertising program by EliteBar. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately."

I would download AdAware as recommended above.   Run it and remove all things it finds as spyware from your computer.

gamecreature

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2008, 08:35:37 pm
  • I'm making this up as I go along.
    • Gamecreature
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 10:44:18 am »
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

If that doesn't work, try Spybot Seek and Destroy.
Make your cabinet look its best with custom art from
Gamecreature!

unclet

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:10 am »
Yes, AdAware and Spybot are the most common used spyware removal software.

Spybot site ==>  http://www.spybot.com/en/index.html

If this is the first time you ever ran spyware removal software, then you probably will have a lot of spyware on your machine (just a guess from past experience).   When the "scan" is complete, just select everything it finds and request it to be deleted.

MARINE1142

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2009, 03:00:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 11:30:35 am »
I will do that thanks again. You think maybe that is the reason for the game window to go to min. Well we will just have to kill that poka and see. Thanks again guys.

unclet

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2006, 11:32:19 am »
I am not sure if the pokapoka.exe is causing your windows going to min, but I bet there is some other spyware on your machine which is causing that to happen ......

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2006, 12:52:39 pm »
Try:

Fdisk and Format...

I've just about given up trying to clean systems. To me it's like a girlfriend that cheats on you - you just can't ever have the same level of trust again. Once a machines been compromised, I never feel it's the same so I format'em.

Often times, cleaning a system takes as long or longer than formatting a system.