Main > Everything Else

Favorite recipies?

<< < (50/52) > >>

Sheirstles:
Breakfast Fajitas

6 eggwhites and a yolk
fat free cheddar cheese
fat free flour tortillas

Beat the whites and yolk and put in a skillet with cooking spray(I personally use canola cooking spray). Then, cook the eggs over a medium flame. Turn eggs over and add some cheddar cheese.
Meanwhile heat up the tortillas in the mike or oven.
Finally, Place eggs in the tortillas and roll up. you might want to add some salsa.

Each fajita: calories 131, carbs 16 grms, protein 15 grms and fat 0.5 grms.

Good luck.

Mary_Baker:
Brown-Sugar Barbecue Chicken Drumettes

Found this recipe online and it has become my very favorite ever since!

Ingredients:

* 2 cups ketchup
* 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 6 pounds chicken drumettes, patted dry

* In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 1 cup sauce for tossing raw chicken; use rest for baked chicken.
* Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds; line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminium foil.
* Divide drumettes between baking sheets, and toss with reserved 1 cup sauce.
* Bake chicken until opaque throughout, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating sheets and tossing chicken halfway through. Toss baked drumettes with 1/2 cup sauce, and serve with remaining sauce on the side.

billknust:
Easy-peasy pizza dough

4 cups bread or all purpose flour (white)
1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
1 packet active dry yeast, or 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil (any good brand), but extra virgin is best
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar, or 1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup milk or 1/4 cup water
Preheat oven 450°F.

I prefer using milk for the liquid in this recipe. It adds flavor to your dough. But if you don't have it, use water.

Using a large ceramic mixing bowl, or any suitable food safe bowl, add the flour, make a "well" in middle, and put in 1 teaspoon salt, stir to
combine well. Set aside.

Prepare the starter: In a liquid measuring cup pour in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water, 1 teaspoon sugar or honey, and one package of active
dry yeast. Stir for 30 seconds with a wisk and set aside for 5 minutes. Allow to proof.

Next, mix the starter (yeast water) and the milk in the bowl containing the flour with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir together using a stand mixer, wooden
spoon or clean hands.

Note: You will need additional flour to knead on the surface that you're working on. Knead for about 8 minutes or until you get a smooth elastic
rubbery dough ball.

Set aside in bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil to keep the dough from drying out. Let dough sit covered lightly with plastic wrap or use a plate
or damp clean towel to cover it. Allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes to an hour.

Flatten dough and press out into a circle to fit the pan it will be baked in. Spread it out evenly, don't be afraid to lift underneath to stretch the dough. Sprinkle
baking pan with yellow cornmeal or Farina. If you don't have these on hand you can use flour or simply grease the pan with olive oil.

Bake for about 12­14 mins, but watch it! When the bottom looks slightly browned and the pizza looks bubbly, remove from oven.

billknust:
Meatballs

1/2 pound ground chuck
1/2 pound It sausage or ground pork
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon very finely minced garlic
1/2 cup pecorino romano or parmigiano-regiano
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsely
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 table spoons olive oil

Combine everything but olive old, heat olive oil in skillet, cook.

If you are making a sauce you can just brown meatballs in the pan and finish off for about 30 minutes in the already warmed sauce. If you are using jar sauce or making subs cook meatballs all the way through to 160*

billknust:
Smoked wings (these take time, but they are worth it!)

Wing Rub

2 bottles of McCormick’s’ Onion and Garlic Seasoning
1 bottle of McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 bottles of Lemmon Pepper (smiliar size to the other bottles)

Eric’s Wing Sauce

3 tablespoons of cayenne pepper paste (1 for mild, 5 for hot)
½ cup of water
½ a onion, chopped
2 tablespoons crushed garlic
½ a tomato, chopped
1 cup of white vinegar
1 stick of butter
1 bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon of honey
¼ cup of ketchup
Juice of ½ lemon

Place cayenne paste, water, vinegar and salt in blender. Blend on high for a minute.

Place butter stick on a pan over a medium flame so that it melts. Add onion, garlic, tomato and the whole bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Let all cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Immediately pour into blender and add the pepper sauce. Blend on high for two minutes. Add the lemon juice, honey and ketchup, and blend again for a few seconds. Pour back into the pan where you melted the butter, and let it simmer for a good 20 minutes.
Note: The cayenne pepper paste is something I get at Hy-Vee that comes in a tube like toothpaste. At my Hy-Vee it is located by the refrigerated fresh herbs section. You can play with this by using dried cayenne pepper which you boil down a bit instead if you cannot find it.

Instructions

Mix the seasoning all together in a big shaker bottle, then coat the wings in the mix liberally. Do not be afraid to go heavy as much of the seasoning will be lost throughout the process.

Smoke the wings (my preference is Applewood chips). Cooking times will vary. My smoker is a gas one and runs hot so I will usually smoke them at just under 300 degrees for about an hour and 15 minutes. The key is to undercook them (basically we’re parsmoking them) and then throwing them in a bowl in the fridge.
When ready to serve (I make mine up the night before) grill on a hot grill about 6 or 7 minutes a side or so. Finish by tossing in the wing sauce or BBQ Sauce and serve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version