Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: V-sync Problems  (Read 1581 times)

excaliburlives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 02:48:58 pm
V-sync Problems
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:59:29 am »
I bought a blitz nfl99 cabinet with the hopes of converting it to a ame machine. i bought everything i needed. Arcade VGAcard, I-pac, J-pac, and opti-pac. When i set everything up the only problem i had was the v-sync. It keeps scrolling up or down very slowly. I just found out that the monitor is a 25khz monitor and the Arcade VGAcard won't work on that. I sthere anyway i can still convert this cabinet? I already spend over $1,000 and it's still not working. I read about advanced mame but it seems like it's very hard to setup. I've only used mame32 up until now and i'm not sure what to do next. does anyone know what i should do or has anyone gotten a 25khz monitor to work perfectly?

Thanx for any help, Paul

sittingduck

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 05:32:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: V-sync Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 06:06:23 am »
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm guessing...

but isn't the AVGA is unnecessary when you've got a 25k monitor? What happens if you use a regular gfx card and the jpac?

excaliburlives

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 02:48:58 pm
Re: V-sync Problems
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 02:20:32 pm »
It's way out of sync if i use the other video card i have. Wich card should i go out and buy?