Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: problems generating games list in Mamewah .161  (Read 788 times)

hulkster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
problems generating games list in Mamewah .161
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:54:53 pm »
okay so ive used mamewah in the past, and i recently upgraded to .161 from .90.  im used to all the menu driven stuff in mamewah for setting up my lists.  well with the new version its all .ini file based, and yes ive read the docs and yes ive searched the boards, and yes ive searched the mamewah forums, but i cant friggin figure it out.  im using mame32 (and before you recommend commandline, ive used mame32 in the past and its fine.  it works fine now, i just need to get my games to show up in the list) and have set the rom path in the mame.ini file.  what am i doing wrong? 

ive got some old custom .lst files but i didnt think i would be needing those in the new version of mamewah.  help!

mccoy178

• It's hard to work with a straight jacket on
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2021, 10:23:42 am
  • Go Bucks!
Re: problems generating games list in Mamewah .161
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:41:51 pm »
Could you post an .ini for mame?  That may help get the ball rolling.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 05:04:18 am »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=44561.0

Also (not making a point of you Hulkster, you are not the only culprit), but generally can people refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads?  It is frustrating when I answer a question only to see the same thing again in a different thread.  I guess it is impatience but I am on the boards pretty much every day so you should always get an answer.  PM me if I have missed something...

hulkster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:01:07 pm »
no man, its cool.  i posted in that other thread and waited 3 days or something like that before getting a response so i thought it wasnt getting attention because of the general topic title.  so i started my own.  sorry for the double post.   :P

ill check out what you said about using the commandline version of mame in the other post and let you know what i find.  thanks for your help.

Minwah

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 05:03:20 am
    • MAMEWAH
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 05:29:18 am »
ill check out what you said about using the commandline version of mame in the other post and let you know what i find.  thanks for your help.

FWIW someone else just mentioned to me they were having problems generating a game list in my Resolution Tool (which basically works the same way) - they were using MAME32...switched to commandline and it worked.