Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

megatouch question.

(1/4) > >>

Hutt:
I am assuming the Megatouch machines are just regular computers with a touchscreen...with no proprietary hardware.

If so, can I open one of these things up and copy the harddrive so I can play the games in my own cab?

I can get access to the machines if this can be done.

Ken Layton:
Ha! You must be joking, right?

Merit uses proprietary hardware and special security key software to prevent copying of any kind. If you try to ghost a hard drive the Megatouch program on the original hard drive will crash. "Unauthorized copying detected. Program terminated. Call Merit Industries to purchase new security software and replacement hard drive" may be shown on screen. :o

Hutt:

--- Quote from: Ken Layton on August 28, 2005, 12:50:33 am ---Ha! You must be joking, right?
--- End quote ---

Nope!!

--- Quote from: Ken Layton on August 28, 2005, 12:50:33 am ---Merit uses proprietary hardware and special security key software to prevent copying of any kind. If you try to ghost a hard drive the Megatouch program on the original hard drive will crash. "Unauthorized copying detected. Program terminated. Call Merit Industries to purchase new security software and replacement hard drive" may be shown on screen. :o

--- End quote ---

Really...WOW...
Ok, then I guess I wont open one up and try to copy the harddrive :o

Thanks for the info though.

Although, the only I think that would really make this effective is the proprietary hardware...not the software...unless Merit is the only company in the world that makes software that cannot be copied!! Someone out there has to have the ability to do it.

Ken Layton:
Merit Industries is very protective of their touchscreen games/technology. Telephone their tech support dept (www.meritind.com) and ask your questions about copying and system hardware.

Hutt:
I'd be more then happy to purchase their software if they sold it seperately....as I don't want to pay $5000 for a machine that I can build for under $1000 (without the software that is).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version