Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Wife Sues Husband for Share of Lotto Winnings Kept Secret  (Read 3337 times)

fredster

• Grand Prophet of Arcadeology
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 04:28:53 pm
  • It's all good!
Wife Sues Husband for Share of Lotto Winnings Kept Secret
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:39:33 pm »
;)

Now this is funny.  Dude wins lotto, doesn't tell wife.  Takes off with da money.

Since the winning, Ramdass took a leave of absence from work, according to his co-workers. He hasn't shown up at the couple's home and servers can't find him to hand him the lawsuit papers.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Who wouldn't do this?????
King of the Flying Monkeys from the Dark Side

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Wife Sues Husband for Share of Lotto Winnings Kept Secret
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:46:03 pm »

This guy rules.

I love how they wrote it multiple times to read that he won 10.2 million, only to break it down at the end to reveal he won $600k before taxes, which works out to just about enough to buy a new car and some kielbasa.

tommy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:58:10 pm »
I guess this goes to show that most people in the world do not love their spouse and would rather just leave and enjoy cash all alone. That to me is the real story here.

I would share my money with my loved one.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 04:01:27 pm »

What is a pit bull going to do with money?

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 04:03:46 pm »
I guess this goes to show that most people in the world do not love their spouse and would rather just leave and enjoy cash all alone. That to me is the real story here.

I would share my money with my loved one.

They were just talking about something like that this morning on the radio. Apparently there was a "survey" done on whether a person would leave their spouse for $2 million. 36% of wives say they would, 26% of husbands say they would. They got to talking about lotto winnings and life insurance. Apparently, some people are killing (or attempting to) their spouse for as little as $350,000.

That's some pretty cold blooded ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 04:06:07 pm »

Well, considering 50% of people leave their spouse for free, I'm not sure what those numbers actually mean.

tommy

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »

Come on chad, you're better than that comment, at least i thought you were.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 04:17:23 pm »
It is ridiculous that he is "disappearing" with probably about 350k after taxes and such. That is funny! ;D

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 04:20:08 pm »
Come on chad, you're better than that comment, at least i thought you were.

Eh?  It wasn't a bestiality joke or anything like that if that's what you read.

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 04:54:55 pm »
Well, considering 50% of people leave their spouse for free, I'm not sure what those numbers actually mean.

BYOAC member spouses don't count  ;D

Grasshopper

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 07:20:31 am
  • life, don't talk to me about life
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 05:05:37 pm »

Well, considering 50% of people leave their spouse for free (apart from the exorbitant lawyers fees, and alimony payments for the rest of their life), I'm not sure what those numbers actually mean.

Fixt.  :)
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 05:23:41 pm »

That's a mis-stated statistic anyway.  50% of marriages end in divorce, not 50% of people who get married get divorced.  I think it's something like 70% of married people stay that way, the other 30% of the people actually account for 50% of marriages because they marry multiple times.

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 06:16:03 pm »
I think that by the time the lawyer gets through with the guy, he's going to be Ramdass in more ways than one.

:rimshot:
Old, but not obsolete.

jbox

• BYOAC Poet Laureate
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2007, 08:00:54 am
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 06:51:30 pm »
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Done. SLATFATF.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:58 pm »
That's a mis-stated statistic anyway.  50% of marriages end in divorce, not 50% of people who get married get divorced.  I think it's something like 70% of married people stay that way, the other 30% of the people actually account for 50% of marriages because they marry multiple times.

Ooh, that's good point I hadn't considered.  All those dillholes with 5 marriages are effing up the bell curve.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:58 pm »
Actually, the divorce rate is getting very close to 50%.  There are multiple ways to read the data, but for practical purposes it doesn't make sense to include 70 year olds that have been married for the last 50 years because when we talk about divorce rate we're usually talking about the likelihood that any given person getting married today will stay together until one of them kicks the bucket.  Looking at it like this, which seems like how we mean to look at it unless we're just trying to make ourselves look good at the international class reunion, we see that 33% of 1st marriages will end within the first 10 years.  How many of those that are left will make it to the 20-year mark?  The 30?  Beyond that, most of them are probably in it for life, I think.

Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 09:13:59 pm »
Don't be too sure with the after 30 year guess.  My Aunt and Uncle are calling it quits after about 32.  But I suppose it's a good assumption, we all were shocked as hell to hear it, it does seem like after 30 years you'd either know all the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- there is to know about somebody and be willing to live with it, or they'd be damn good at hiding it...  Oh...um..., or you'd still be madly in-love, like the day you met.

Cakemeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 10:15:45 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 10:09:02 pm »
Hey Shmokes,

Question on community property. (I know you are not a lawyer yet).

If Ramdass bought the ticket in a community property state, is she legally entitled to half the money (and liable for half the taxes)?

I tried explaining to my 15-year-old son that she was entitled to half the money and his reaction was along the lines of "Fudgesicle that Cleveland steamer, I would move to Canada if she sued me!"
Old, but not obsolete.

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 10:26:18 pm »
From what I know of it, which amounts to us talking about it in my property class for about twenty minutes one day, she is entitled to half of it, regardless of whether its a community property state.  Some states split everything up evenly, even property that one person owned prior to the marriage.  But I'm pretty sure that all states will split property that was acquired during the marriage, with the possible exception of things like family heirlooms that were handed down, and such.

On an unrelated, but interesting note, if you work to put your wife through medical school, you are not entitled to any of her increased earning potential if she decides to ditch you once she gets the degree.  I share only because I found the reasoning kind of fascinating.  You cannot apply property rules to split up the economic value of her medical degree, because her medical degree is not property.  All property is devisable.  But your wife's expertise will go to the grave with her.  She cannot put her medical degree in her will to be inherited by her child, it cannot be transferred, therefore is not property. 

Funny.  Just one of those things where you're like, "You know . . . that actually makes a strange kind of sense, doesn't it?".
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:43:37 pm »
From what I know of it, which amounts to us talking about it in my property class for about twenty minutes one day, she is entitled to half of it, regardless of whether its a community property state.  Some states split everything up evenly, even property that one person owned prior to the marriage.  But I'm pretty sure that all states will split property that was acquired during the marriage, with the possible exception of things like family heirlooms that were handed down, and such.

On an unrelated, but interesting note, if you work to put your wife through medical school, you are not entitled to any of her increased earning potential if she decides to ditch you once she gets the degree.  I share only because I found the reasoning kind of fascinating.  You cannot apply property rules to split up the economic value of her medical degree, because her medical degree is not property.  All property is devisable.  But your wife's expertise will go to the grave with her.  She cannot put her medical degree in her will to be inherited by her child, it cannot be transferred, therefore is not property. 

Funny.  Just one of those things where you're like, "You know . . . that actually makes a strange kind of sense, doesn't it?".

Funny you mention that, because I was just being told about a former neighbor of my wife the other day. She divorced her husband while he was finishing up some extended doctor residency. As part of her divorce terms, she was granted a hefty child support amount based on his "earning potential". So you are saying the woman can get tons of money from the man, but if the wife is the big guns the man is screwed, right?

geomartin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2017, 08:55:24 am
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 11:27:35 pm »
There is at least one case of this that the courts have already settled.  A woman bought a winning lottery ticket and hid it from her husband until the divorce became final.  The court ruled that he was entitled to his share because they were married when she bought the ticket.  It was a California case about 10-15 years ago.
Please!  Give me the good news first!

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 12:15:06 am »

Funny you mention that, because I was just being told about a former neighbor of my wife the other day. She divorced her husband while he was finishing up some extended doctor residency. As part of her divorce terms, she was granted a hefty child support amount based on his "earning potential". So you are saying the woman can get tons of money from the man, but if the wife is the big guns the man is screwed, right?

Child support is different, though.  That's, well, supporting his children.  It's not splitting his earnings with his wife.  It may seem difficult to separate the two, but think of it like this . . . how much money will she get from him once their child turns 18?

Best Kid iPad Apps

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 07:43:10 am »

Child support is definitely the key separator... you won't get a huge alimony but you will get large child support since child support is a till-18 future proposition.  Alimony is a means of maintaining the past and if the person wasn't making tons then the spouse isn't entitled to tons later (under the law).

This has actually happened a lot... I read a book a couple years back about the giant '80s boom of ambulance chasers and a LOT of these guys would have their woman support them through law school and then ditch them upon graduating so that they could "trade up" once making a 6 figure salary.  It was just one more way they fit the scumbag lawyer profile.

fredster

• Offline Offline
  • It's all good!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 09:57:04 am »
This is an old joke guys:

Man runs in the house and exclaims "We won the LOTTO! Pack your things!"

Wife says "What weather should I pack for honey, skiing or swimming?"

Man says "It doesn't matter! I want you out of here, Now I can afford the divorce!!!"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:58:42 am by fredster »

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 10:14:00 am »

Older joke...

Why is divorce so damn expensive?

It is worth it.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2012, 11:21:39 pm
  • Newer isn't always better.
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 12:56:24 pm »
You know how a blonde is like a tornado?

At first there's all this blowing and sucking, and then you lose your house.

fredster

• Offline Offline
  • It's all good!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 05:11:15 pm »
Those are funny  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

What does a divorce in Tennessee and a Tornado and Kansas have in common?

Somewhere, someone is gonna lose a trailer.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline

tommy

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 11:44:35 pm »
So many people are living and staying with people even though they really don't care all that much about them just for the sake of being with a person.

I never understood why people do this. If you're not happy with a person who is supposed to be your lover why waste anymore time with them if you know it's not right. This just seems like a bad idea and a person who would waste time like this would seem to have some sort of mental problem either with not wanting to be alone or just afraid to stand up for them self. These sort of things are not healthy and should be a person's top priority. Get yourself in a happy situation.

Why would suddenly having a lot of money make a person feel like they now can get them self out of a bad situation?

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 09:09:18 am »

Because divorce costs a lot and he couldn't afford it.

Dartful Dodger

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 01:56:12 pm »
A fat guy over 50 making 30 grand a year is happy with a fat gal over 50.

They'd both be happier with hot 20 something, but for a hot 20 something to be happy with them, they'll need 10 million dollars.

If he split the winnings with his wife, he'd only have 5 million, which means he'd have to settle for a hot 30 something.

...He just wanted to be the happiest he could be.

I have a feeling if things got drastically better for your “love” you’ll be in the same situation this wife is in.

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 01:57:42 pm »
If he split the winnings with his wife, he'd only have 5 million, which means he'd have to settle for a hot 30 something.

Re-read the story.  He didn't get anything within binocular distance of 10 million.

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 03:51:49 am »
So many people are living and staying with people even though they really don't care all that much about them just for the sake of being with a person.

I never understood why people do this. If you're not happy with a person who is supposed to be your lover why waste anymore time with them if you know it's not right. This just seems like a bad idea and a person who would waste time like this would seem to have some sort of mental problem either with not wanting to be alone or just afraid to stand up for them self. These sort of things are not healthy and should be a person's top priority. Get yourself in a happy situation.

Why would suddenly having a lot of money make a person feel like they now can get them self out of a bad situation?

Well, he didn't know the heartache was just as bad as it woulda been in San Diego.  Really, who DID know? :dunno

:laugh2:
You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t