Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: English Mark Darts - Super 6? Any Info Please...  (Read 57619 times)

Briandcheryl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2013, 05:14:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: English Mark Darts - Super 6? Any Info Please...
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 04:56:54 pm »
I am looking for a monitor for my super six plus II.  Where you able to find one for your machine?
Brian

Guero12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2017, 11:18:42 am
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »
For those of you who have the Super 6 series dart games, the original power supply is nothing but trouble because of poor design and bad ventilation in the cabinet. This thread mentions some things:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=60004.40

Here are pictures of the original power supply and one I converted to a standard switching regulator style.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but did you convert the 21 volt output? Can you only use the 12v and 5v outputs to run the sound?

ScottHerriman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2017, 09:57:16 pm
  • Darts...I love Darts!
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 12:37:26 am »
I am hoping for some help. I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased, and am refurbishing, a VERY old Arachnid unit (6100 or 6200 I believe.)

2 questions:
1) Is it possible to purchase a spider with double bull anywhere?

2) The amber monitor on the dart machine turns on, but then the image fades out completely. Any ideas as to the issue here?

Thanks for whatever assistance you can offer!

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:38:27 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 09:42:58 am »
If you're in Texas, you're welcome to come to my house and drag all the guts for one of those out of my garage.  I've got a conversion kit for double bull that was never installed.  I WILL NOT ship any of this.

ScottHerriman

• Offline Offline
  • Darts...I love Darts!
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 10:33:47 am »
Thanks for the reply. Sadly, I am in Michigan with no current plans to travel to Texas  :-[

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2015, 12:35:33 am »
I am hoping for some help. I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased, and am refurbishing, a VERY old Arachnid unit (6100 or 6200 I believe.)

2 questions:
1) Is it possible to purchase a spider with double bull anywhere?

2) The amber monitor on the dart machine turns on, but then the image fades out completely. Any ideas as to the issue here?

Thanks for whatever assistance you can offer!

1: Check the parts department of Arachnid distributors. Check with Betson.com and look on ebay too.

2: First check capacitor C9 on the machine's power supply circuit board. It was originally 1 uf @ 25 volts, but Arachnid issued a service bulletin to upgrade it to 10 uf @ 50 volts. When this capacitor goes bad, it causes monitor problems. If after replacing that capacitor you still have monitor problems, then it's time to recap the monitor.

ScottHerriman

• Offline Offline
  • Darts...I love Darts!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 10:49:57 am »
Sent a PM to you Ken...not sure if you received it.
If anyone still looks at this thread and has Super 6 parts for sale, please let me know. Looking to replace the  mainboard and the monitor :/

Thanks!!!

Crmath

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2016, 09:44:35 am
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »
Hi I recently have been working on a English marks super six ii 6300 Dart board I replaced the br1 rectifier and got the board working again. But the board on top of the power supply seems to be getting to hot. What would cause this? Any ideas from anyone I know its am old thread but I'm lost to what to do next. Thank you for any help you can give me.